This is my second outbreak in more than four years apart from the first. Or at least that the symptoms are noticeable enough. The first time I was prescribed acyclovir but this time I was prescribed valacyclovir (generic for valtrex). I'm on my third pill and just developed a mild reddish rash not itchy in my forearms. Has anyone experienced something like this?
if i have genital AND hvs2 and I am at the tail of a very small outbreak, can I make someone who already has genital hsv2 have an outbreak too?
To give a summary:
My last sexual encounter besides my current girlfriend of a few months was at Christmas (unprotected oral and genital) with a female.
In May I had for the first time a flare up in my genital area (penis on the side and at the base and on scrotum), where the skin was itchy and red and my penis was sore with a singular tiny red spot on the shaft . These symptoms lasted 4 weeks at which time I tried using cream and tablets for thrush as that was what my GP thought it was which didnt work. I showed pictures to a lady at the gum glinic after I managed to get an appointment as at that point my symptoms had gone, she said she didnt think it was anything to worry about and I tested negative for all stds (excluding herpes which at the time I didn't know they dont test for unless syptoms are present).
I thought it was nothing to worry about then and since forgot about it. I however have had the same symptoms come back again on Sunday night with a single red spot on my penis shaft which went away after a few days but my penis still feels somewhat sore and the skin around the side of my penis itches and on my scrotum. I have no lesions or sores that have burst open or have any liquid in and have never had a coldsore in my life, I am worried this is non typical symptoms of a herpes infection and bought over the counter aciclovir cream and tablets from an online chemist to try and treat it myself until I can get another appointment at the gum clinic.
I now have a girlfriend who has never had any symptoms of anything at all and I am worried and scared I may have given her the infection if it is herpes due to the fact we have sex without the use of condoms.
1. Does this sound like it could be symptomatic of herpes? 2. Is this likely based on the fact the same syptoms have re-occured or could it be something else?
(Apologies I cannot upload the photos as they are too large for the limit on this website)
Read so many herpster recommend this natural supplement for herpes. Tried it for 3 days, then suddenly I’ve got major outbreak.. thigh.. buttocks.. labia..perineum... it’s everywhere,.. Normally my outbreak were always mild/ 1/2 blisters at the same location.. now it’s spreading all over below my waist part. oh God.. I wanna commit suicide right now..,
I've seen a various posts across various forums regarding disclosing (or not) and have seen a bit of a trend in people thinking that it's 'hard to pass' with one encounter (lol) condoms make it impossible to pass, blah blah blah. So let's just try to compile some short & sweet answers to some basic H transmissions stories and questions...Could be helpful in many ways to lots of people!
1. Did your giver: show symptoms / asymptomatic / disclose H to you?
2. Protected or unprotected? Oral/vaginal/anal?
3. How many encountrs with giver? (time frame of encounters ie. one weekend of several months?)
4. How were you diagnosed? (swab or blood test)
5. Are you a symptomatic carrier (showed signs ie. outbreak) or asymptomatic (never showed signs, diagnosed by blood work)
6. How long from sexual exposure did you start to show symptoms?
7. How long did your primary outbreak last? How frequent have your recurrences been? (ie. one a month/year?)
8. How long have you been H+?
9. Are you on antivirals only during outbreak or suppressive therapy? Or have you gone the natural route?
10. Words or wisdom/support for newbies?
I'll go first...
1. No visible signs of H. Asymptomatic carrier not diagnosed with at the time so no disclosure.
2. Unprotected vaginal/oral.
3. 2x in a weekend (Friday night and Sunday morning)
4. Positive swab test during terrify primary outbreak.
5. Symptomatic HSV2+
6. Friday/Sunday sex; initial first symptoms started Tuesday and quickly got aggressive. (in hospital by next Sunday)
7. OB lasted a few weeks. Cleared up, then I had a couple minor recurrences due to alcohol in following weeks but MINOR in comparison (just more annoying not excruciatingly painful) still working through this ATM.
8. I was infected Mar9/18 - diagnosed with Mar23/18.
9. Antivirals during primary OB; lots of supplements and vitamins every day now and have changed my diet.
10. It does get better. Not back to normal better, but better. Take care of yourself and do whatever it needs for you to heal physically and emotionally. Find a good friend/family member/counsellor to confide in to help lessen the burden you are carrying. Get wine drunk with a friend and cry all night. Go to the top of a mountain and scream at the top of your lungs. Amazon shop till you max out your credit card buying things that make you happy.
Hope this can help some peope!
Love & light everyone! x