World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Gracie g

Is this herpes scabs/ outbreak

Gracie g
Posted (edited)

during August 2017 I had an outbreak of scabs all over my legs they were red and very itchy the scabs did not appear anywhere else on my body and mostly formed on my lower legs, the scabs started out at little red bumps but did not look like blisters, the scabs lasted for about a month and haven’t appeared since then is this a symptom of herpes? The picture of the scabs is the background picture of my profile I’m not sure how to upload it on here 

Edited by Gracie g

Scooby2112

Very hard to confirm this.  It sounds like a very unlikely scenario.  For genital herpes you are most likely to have an outbreak at the point of virus transfer.  This is usually the genitals but could be anywhere in the boxer shorts area.  

I would say it would be very rare to have it on your lower leg as there is thick skin there and would be unlikely to come into contact with sores.  I did see one pop Erson with confirmed herpes on the inner part of her knee.   So seems like it could be possible.  

Only real way to know would be a blood Igg antibody test to see if you have antibodies. 

Quest

Keratosis pilaris which is also called chicken skin. I have it mostly in the winter coming into spring and it is really easy to take care of by soaking in Epsom salt bath with a coconut oil rub afterwards and soak for it at least 20 minutes. It will leave a lot of the dead skin behind https://www.google.com/search?q=chicken+skin+or+keratosis&client=tablet-android-acer&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&inm=vs#tts=0

Scooby2112

Does "chicken skin" burn?  Can it affect the genitals?

Quest

It gets very itchy and it only Burns if you've been scratching it intensely. It can affect people anywhere but there are more common areas that it likes to hang out, the answer is yes. We have even had some members have this in the extreme. From scratching it can get infected. I have learned not to scratch it just to soak it. And it's going to be a much larger area. Except for the back of the arms. Some people only get it on the back of their arms I get it on the legs my calves my butt and my arms.

Scooby2112

I definitely think I have had this on the back of my arms but it hasn't been too distracting.  The front of my thighs are where I seem to have irritation now and there are red bumps there.  Also have sensitivity to pressure on my pubic mound area.  And of course my penis just feels irritation as it has pressure/rubs onmy underwear.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Mapa
      By Mapa
      This is my second outbreak in more than four years apart from the first. Or at least that the symptoms are noticeable enough. The first time I was prescribed acyclovir but this time I was prescribed valacyclovir (generic for valtrex). I'm on my third pill and just developed a mild reddish rash not itchy in my forearms. Has anyone experienced something like this?
    • HereAndNowLater
      By HereAndNowLater
      Hello world!
      I had my first HSV2 outbreak 8 years ago. 
      The first one is the worst -- the actual outbreak hurts like hell. The outbreak itself was very tiny and localized in a small genital area. However It came with side effects I didn't expect like an acute and intense tingling sensation in my lower back, buttocks, and spread down to my feet/toes. 
      Fast forward years. 
      I rarely get actual outbreaks if ever. 
      But I do experience that intense nerve pain I remember that comes before an outbreak manifests as a skin lesion.
      So now the outbreaks don't happen, but the prodrome pre-tingles happen often. Except now those piercing sharp tingles aren't just perceptible in the aforementioned areas. I feel it all over my body intermittently - neck, shoulders, arm, yes leg and lower back, foot, etc..
      To emphasize, I never experienced any chronic pain remotely similar to "herpes tingles" pre- first HSV 2 outbreak. 
      Several Questions:
      Does this pain sound familiar to you? Has it migrated outside of where it was when you first had an outbreak? When I bring this up to multiple doctors, I'm baffled that they have no idea what I'm talking about. Or don't see the connection between the nerve(?) /lymph node (?) pain / neuralgia/ paresthesia and HSV.  Every time I see a "Lyrica" commercial for fibromyalgia I think to myself, "well this is fucking it. this is what I'm feeling/experiencing in my body." Is there a link between fibromyalgia and herpes? I wonder how many patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia have either HSV 1/ HSV 2/ shingles/ varicella-zoster viruses or something related? It seems to me there is a there there. But I also feel I'm being gas lit by the world and that in general researchers / HCPs are too "embarrassed" to even commit to research around the "not talked about" symptoms of HSV; or even HSV in general.  How can herpes be so "common" and yet not a single medical professional is conversant in the totality of the disease or specializing in it? >_< Not related, but where can I purchase acyclovir cream? That stuff is like contraband in the USA lol.  ugh this country sucks in this arena. 
    • blackgirlsrock
      By blackgirlsrock
      I just got diagnoed about a month ago, & before i got diagnosed, i would masturbate all the time with no problem. Now when i masturbate, i have trouble getting wet. Is my vaginal dryness caused by the virus? 
    • mcf1971
      By mcf1971
      if  i have genital AND hvs2 and I  am  at  the tail of a very small outbreak, can I make someone who already has genital hsv2 have an outbreak  too? 
    • Asiangirl77
      By Asiangirl77
      Dear all, 
      first of, i’m thankful I found this website. I’ve been diagnosed with genital warts a few months back since April and it hasn’t been pleasant. 
      As I was doing my treatment for genital warts, immediately as I went home I realised some small bumps which then immediately turned into huge yellow ulcers that really hurts like shit. 
      Hence I went back to my doctor the next day and she was surprised as well, 
      1. Is there a chance of contacting genital herpes from oral sex? 
      2. I do not have any blisters Nor rashes but these sores does hurts and pee-ing is just terrible, it burns so much. 
      3. How do one survive with being diagosed with herpes? 
      4. Any chances of soothing the huge sores that i’ve have? 
      5. I’ve been given some anti-vira medication, any idea how Long does the outbreak takes? 
      6. Does that means there’ll be no more unprotected sex from now on as I might pass this virus to my partner? 
      7. Pretty sure I’ve gotten it from this Australian guy, but I haven’t been able to tell him to go for a check up and all. 
      Please feel free to give me suggestions and ideas on this thread as i’m In a lost now and have completely no idea what’s the next step. 
      I can’t seem to upload the photos of the sore here, so if anyone could help, please let me know as i’m Desperate to clear the pain. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Burty
      Coming back to report that after vaccinations in May and July, today I have one vesicle. Called the doctor and will report back later. Slightly pessimistic at this point. 
    • Cariad
      I think I need to treat this as an ocd thought (that I've got herpes) and not check myself compulsively, not seek constant reassurance from doctors and the internet, just try and forget about it. Re disclosure, I would tell future partners that i could have hsv but I don't know, all the visual examinations and tests I've had have come back negative but there's still a possibility that i have herpes. Then they can decide whether to take the risk. I always assume someone is positive for everything unless there are tests to prove otherwise. I don't do casual relationships so always get a full sexual health screening with my new partner so we can both be safe. But they could have herpes and not know as it's not routinely checked for. It's a risk for all parties involved. I spoke to herpes.org.uk helpline and Marion told me that blood tests are routinely bringing up false positives/negatives and that having the virus doesn't predict when and where you're going to have an ob. I therefore wouldn't trust the result of the test and would be repeatedly getting tested, as I did when my hiv ocd was really bad. That was a hugely stressful and anxious time and I don't want to go through that again!! Especially for a virus that can't kill you!! So I think I'm going to have to live with the uncertainty of having herpes obs and avoid sexual contact whenever I feel sore down below if/when I'm in a relationship.  Being on this forum is just exacerbating my Ocd, so I think that I should stop posting as it's reassurance-seeking. Wishing you all the best and thank you all for your help, advice and support. Remember - it's just a virus that billions of people have and doesn't make us dirty or unworthy of love or a good life. Stay safe and well xx
    • WilsoInAus
      And I’ll help you up until the second coming. I think this is an unhealthy dose of imaginitis as far as herpes is concerned. Wouldn’t you agree?
    • WilsoInAus
      Yes man that’s correct. I mean we don’t really want more people in the delusional room with mirrors that see nothing, do we?
    • WilsoInAus
      There’s nothing visually or in what you describe that is suggestive of herpes. See your doctor if you have concerns, there’s plenty of things on the list of possibilities here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.