World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Gracie g

Is this herpes scabs/ outbreak

Gracie g
Posted (edited)

during August 2017 I had an outbreak of scabs all over my legs they were red and very itchy the scabs did not appear anywhere else on my body and mostly formed on my lower legs, the scabs started out at little red bumps but did not look like blisters, the scabs lasted for about a month and haven’t appeared since then is this a symptom of herpes? The picture of the scabs is the background picture of my profile I’m not sure how to upload it on here 

Edited by Gracie g

Scooby2112

Very hard to confirm this.  It sounds like a very unlikely scenario.  For genital herpes you are most likely to have an outbreak at the point of virus transfer.  This is usually the genitals but could be anywhere in the boxer shorts area.  

I would say it would be very rare to have it on your lower leg as there is thick skin there and would be unlikely to come into contact with sores.  I did see one pop Erson with confirmed herpes on the inner part of her knee.   So seems like it could be possible.  

Only real way to know would be a blood Igg antibody test to see if you have antibodies. 

Quest

Keratosis pilaris which is also called chicken skin. I have it mostly in the winter coming into spring and it is really easy to take care of by soaking in Epsom salt bath with a coconut oil rub afterwards and soak for it at least 20 minutes. It will leave a lot of the dead skin behind https://www.google.com/search?q=chicken+skin+or+keratosis&client=tablet-android-acer&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&inm=vs#tts=0

Scooby2112

Does "chicken skin" burn?  Can it affect the genitals?

Quest

It gets very itchy and it only Burns if you've been scratching it intensely. It can affect people anywhere but there are more common areas that it likes to hang out, the answer is yes. We have even had some members have this in the extreme. From scratching it can get infected. I have learned not to scratch it just to soak it. And it's going to be a much larger area. Except for the back of the arms. Some people only get it on the back of their arms I get it on the legs my calves my butt and my arms.

Scooby2112

I definitely think I have had this on the back of my arms but it hasn't been too distracting.  The front of my thighs are where I seem to have irritation now and there are red bumps there.  Also have sensitivity to pressure on my pubic mound area.  And of course my penis just feels irritation as it has pressure/rubs onmy underwear.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
    • flowerblossom245
      By flowerblossom245
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 1 a week ago and the emotional strain has been horrible. I’m the type of person who hates the unknown, so I’m trying to figure out if I have it genitally or orally. I had sex with someone who has been tested for herpes, but he doesn’t remember which strain he has. He hasn’t had an outbreak in years and has taken medicine, so my doctor initially said the chance was extremely low that he gave it to me (especially because it was only for about 1 min and that was it.) I get mouth ulcers regularly and I also get what I believe is a cold sore right in the corner of my mouth (which I’ve read isn’t a real cold sore?) so I’m wondering if that’s why I tested positive. We had sex a month and a half ago, and the symptoms started about a week and a half ago. Burning while peeing, and the occasional itching. When my doctor looked (she also did a Pap smear) she said she saw no lesions which I took as a good sign. I’ve been taking Valtrex for 5 days now but my symptoms haven’t improved at all. I just need people to talk to who know how I’m feeling. Thank you all 
    • Sara5222
      By Sara5222
      I just being diagnosed with hsv-1 (oral) and experience my first outbreak. What worry me is that i am on my early stage of pregnancy, is there any risk i transmit the virus to my baby in the uterus? Since I never had any outbreak before and this is the 1st time I've been tested positive with hsv-1. Anyone could help me deal with this, Im so worry, I really want to make sure my baby is delivered safe and healthy
    • EffieG
      By EffieG
      Approximately 5 years ago a  girl gave me a peck on the lips, I wiped my lips off.
      The next morning I woke up with a painful rash all over my top lip that dried up and resulted in chapped lips, where the skin died and regenerated. No pus or obvious cold sore.
      I have had this same outbreak approximately once a year in the same place except for this year where I have had it almost continuously, I have been very stressed.
      I went to the doctor who says it isn't cold sores (I have to wait 2 weeks for a blood test), however I have found someone ( To those with oral HSV2 only by Penumbra,)  who tested positive for HSV2 by blood test with my EXACT symptoms.
      Before an outbreak, my lip/nose area is tingling a lot and I feel a strong twitching in my lip.
      Is it possible that I have mild cold sores?
      I would greatly appreciate any help
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • joescrilla
      More confusion! So the results have come back for both of the partners that I've been with over the last 3-4 years and they are both negative for type 1 and type 2. Where do I go next? Any advice?
    • Gems
      please look through the forum in exact and careful detail and inform yourself of less than usual circumstances to cover yourself.

auto inoculation is rare and it can happen. off objects is debated but some people claim it happens. some people have experienced it happens easily.

so you know practice good hygiene. i personal think use a heated towel rail and make sure your towels are fully hot and dry. there were studies in the 80's showing it can live on towels for 75 hours. The herpes association say most experts agree it cannot be caught off a towel. That is most experts not all. Some people end up with it on their body and one has to wonder how? Towels I would guess.

Things that tend to stay kinda wet or so on. cups are another one that fit that i think.

I remember being at university once and being in the bathroom while a girl was on the phone to her friend.She thought she had a bite on her face but clear to me someone with herpes had kissed her on the cheek recently, it didnt look typical just her skin peeling. 

I am not an expert though or a doctor so do your own research.  

• Phoenixx
      Update: The creme that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Phoenixx
      Lilian, the zinc acetate we are talking about here is different from the tetrapodal zinc oxide that you are mentioning. But thanks for the reminder. The ointment that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Gems
      I've had neg swabs but I am sure you'll get it. Follow the process. I haven't read the thread in exact detail, but if you have documentation of doctors mishandling your case when you get/ if you get a poss inform them in writing as well as the medical board I think.  Under diagnosis is as problematic as false pos and reducing transmission is good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.