World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
foolishfreddy

Help

foolishfreddy

I have been up and down the home page, I cant figure out how to find the chat tab, and I also can’t find a help tab. I suppose I could be a moron but nonetheless I need help. Can anyone assist me? Point me in right direction? Im also on an ipad so screen set up could be different.thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
    • shitshow
      By shitshow
      I just got diagnosed yesterday 2/25/2019. I've almost been on meds a full 24 hours. It's been an actual shit show of a week.
      This week has been insane. At first symptoms didn't show up until four days after having unprotected sex. I have had chlamydia before (May 2018) and the symptoms looked the same. Wasn't painful until the fifth day. I kept asking my doctor for tests. "You have to set up an appt to get your lab paperwork (they don't do actual testing at my office, you have to go to the local hospital to do them)." So I get in there on the fourth day and nothing had even showed up yet. So I went to  the hospital the next morning (Friday 2/22/19) and got my tests done. Nurse told me I could come and get results later that day. I come back and they only have my hiv one done, and I already knew I was negative. They told me to come in the next day and all my tests would be done. At this point the symptoms are getting worse and I'm starting to feel pain and itchiness and the nurse says she can't do jack sh it (it's JUST a hospital, not like anyone knows how to do THEIR job right?). I come in next day- absolutely freaked. I'm hysterical, crying, and I want some fu cking answers. I walk into the main check in area to find a sign that says GO TO ER RECEPTION. I had called the hospital an hour beforehand to set my results aside so I don't have to wait 10 years for some stu pid papers. I walk to the ER, and I'm shaking like h ell. I look like I'm crazy and I ask for my paperwork. "Sorry? We're the ER and we don't take care of that stuff"
      Me:  LOOK. You guys have been bouncing me around for the past 3 days. Whatever the he ll I have is there and I KNOW I HAVE SOMETHING. All I want are my lab results. I called the front office and they said they set the papers aside and I could grab them. Whoever is manning the main office is on a break or something bc their sign said to come here so don't tell me you cannot help me. I have a physical condition and it's driving me insane. I've been going batsh*t about this since Thursday (at this point it is Saturday).
      Nurse: OK we found your paperwork in the lab (didn't even ask for my ID)
      Me: Finally. Jesus. (I look at all my tests and they are all negative) WHAT DO YOU MEAN NEGATIVE??? I can't even sit down and I have to cry my own eyes out when I pis s?????? You mean to tell me that I trust the fing system for once and you tell me to go blow myself when I'm in physical pain?  I need to be looked at? Where even is the herpes and trichomoniasis tests???? (the basic tests the doc gives you for stds are gonn, chl, syph, and hiv)
      Nurse: You have to ask for them
      Me: Can I have then please?? What buzz words am I missing? What part about THIS IS AN EMERGENCY I NEED HELP do none of you get?
      Nurse: Ask your doctor.
      Me: Yeah on a weekend. What help.
      Nurse: All your tests came back negative????? What's the problem??
      Me: There is clearly something wrong and I am SCREAMING FOR HELP and you, someone who works at the hospital, are going to stand there behind that desk and tell me you can't help me? You're turning me away when I beg for help?
      Nurse: The results are negative...
      I just storm out at this point and I'm hysterically crying and screaming at the top of my lungs because I'm in full panic and manic mode. I don't know where to turn. I go home for my dad's help and he takes my car away because I'm so upset (we have been on somewhat of a break bc of this whole fiasco and I've been staying with my friend) that I start frantically calling my friend and looking up bus schedules (she lives 20 miles away and such). She tells me to lay low and I'm ready to kill someone, if not myself because of how frantic I am. My dad doesn't understand this and it's absolutely aggravating because I originally went to him to vent and what I got was a lecture and a threat to kick me out of the house. After I left the hospital, I made the even bigger mistake of asking for a hug because he made me come inside and listen to him lecture for a f/ing hour, and then I was stranded and no buses were going at that point (it was like 8pm and hours are shorter on weekends).

Next day I drive out to my friend's and the whole day I'm suffering and trying to work horses (I'm a 3 day event rider and my friend is a horse trainer, I'm her groom/assistant) and move items from farm to farm without passing out or upsetting the sock in my crotch.

Next morning, yesterday (MONDAY 2/25/19) I call my actual doctor's office and demand that I see her today. They fit me in a 2pm spot. I take a shower and 10 minutes later I get a text and call from the reception saying doctor is out because she has the god da mn F L U. At this point I'm ready to give up. I have to put socks on my vagina so that the lesions don't touch each other and leak, I cry when I use the bathroom and I'm still scared to use the bathroom because of the infinite pain.

I have no clue why I didn't do this in the first place, but my friend lives by a Planned Parenthood and so I marched my as s over there and I asked to be physically looked at and such. They fit me in.

Nurse (one that checks you in, not the real doctor) asked me what symptoms were and what I've been taking, if anything. There's a medication that's made for humans but given to horses called SMZ. It's a STRONG antibiotic and my friend has Hashimoto's so her and her mom (her mother is my horse's farrier lol) told me at the very least take SMZ 3 times a day. I figure why the h ell not because it's not like anything will get worse. It just stopped the heavy slippery discharge, nothing else. So she admits me to the scary room with the freaky foot pedals, and I've never even seen a f uc king gyno? I don't know what to do but start hysterically crying. Doctor comes in ten minutes later and she tells me that she has to take a culture swab. The fact that I had just pis sed and disposed of my sock, opening all my lesions, I can barely even wipe my own as s. I'm sitting there crying hysterically telling her not to judge me because I made a stupid decision to have unprotected sex with a sh itty guy. She tells me she's gonna touch me with the testing swabs and the moment she touches me I'm crying and screaming at the top of my lungs PLEASE STOP PLEASE PLEASE STOP STOP STOP IT HURTS.

I don't know why she thought this was a smart idea to tell me this but she straight up told me AND I QUOTE!!!!!
      "This is the worst and most severe case of herpes I have ever seen. I've been doing this for 36 years."

Well that's awesome, I'm another statistic. I can't believe me it took 1 second to tell me I had herpes when I had been driving myself clinically insane for the since the last Thursday (this lasted Thursday to Monday). She gave me my medications and gave me a name of some supplements, and told me about socks being a good idea and whatever, pour water on myself when I pee so that it washes everything away, blah blah. Gives me my papers and I go back to my friend to confirm I have this fu cked up incurable disease. All the stress prior was gone. Done with my tears.

I'm almost done with my first day of taking the meds. They feel a bit better. Unfortunately I'm on a time limit because I can't physically ride in this major horse show if I can't even sit on a still object. Hoping this at least stops feeling so painful by Thursday for my dressage test on Friday.

thanks for listening the doctor at PP suggested I find one so I don't feel so alone
    • dontknowhowimhere
      By dontknowhowimhere
      I'm hoping someone can help me find this thread or tell me if it is even possible from the email below.
      Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 6, 2009 at 08:48:01 EDT
      To:
      Subject: Please read this when you have a few minutes.

This is a websight that has information about our situation. It is real people who are actually living with this...not just information that is based on "worst case scenario" type scenarios. 
      I started the thread last night and these are my responses so far. 
      http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/showthread.php?t=18692
      I know you are at work and you probably shouldn't get into this until you go home...and I don't mean to pressure you, but for my own emotional stability, I need to know how you are reacting to this pretty quickly. I have decisions to make and a limited time to make them in. If this really isn't something that you can deal with then I need to know. I am a strong person and I have been through the fire before...but this is different and I need to know what direction to start moving in so that ………….. and I can continue to survive.
      I feel horrible. I am so sorry. This should have been dealt with from the very beginning. I should have given you the opportunity to say "hell no" and we both could have gone our separate directions.

Remember though...this is something that 1 out of 5 people have...up to 70% don’t have any symptoms...when you do show signs they amount to little more than a skin aliment (online photos's are the absolute worst cases). Would you have been/are you willing to walk away from a family because of a virus that is so common and so mild that most people don't even know they have it?
      I am willing to work through your fears with you and pay my penance for lying about this. But I don't think it would be helpful in the long run, or lend to the healthiness of a life long marriage, for myself to always feel as if I were disgusting to you...to be reminded that you saw me as "diseased" every time we were to make love...to never feel sexy and attractive but only "contaminated" and "infectious". 
      If that is truly how you see me now...if the knowledge of this virus has erased or overshadowed everything else that you see about me until all that is left is herpes...then I think you should be honest with yourself and me about that. It will save us hurt and heartbreak and divorce in the long run. I can't put ……………….through any of that again and I will not bring another innocent life into a situation that is bound for divorce and life long hurt.
      I love you and I feel like a terrible person for creating this situation. I am so sorry that I wasn't honest in the beginning. I don't blame you for feeling however you feel, we are all entitled to our feelings and we both are entitled to make whatever decisions are best for us individually. If you can't see me as a sexy, desirable woman anymore...then I get that. Just please be honest with me about it so that I can make my own decisions regarding what type of life I choose for myself. I would rather live alone and in poverty for the rest of my life then be trapped in a sexless and resentment filled marriage, feeling alone and unwanted. I've done that one before and I will never go back to that again.
      I don't know what else to say. I love you and I am so, so sorry. I can't help that I got this disease as a scared, alone and self-destructive teenager...but I should have been honest from the beginning. I am so sorry. I am so sorry.

• Tayyy
      By Tayyy
      Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • IcantThinkofaName
      yes, get IGG testing ASAP, but be prepared for it to come back negative this first time if it is your first infection. A swab would be better if you have fresh blisters.  If they are already healed, and if its your first infection, be prepared for another subsequent OB (I'm sorry to tell you) coming soon after the first.. You can get swabbed at that one then.  Stay strong.  Support your immune system. Get rest. Take Vit. C and some other herbals might be nice...I have posted some stuff about that in the past. collodial silver gel or spray perhaps too directly on sores hugs to you
    • Sigh335
      No, no Custer. I pop it and it comes back. Thanks you so much for responding.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Franky26 your vows include "from this day forth" - there is no fine print that grants you annulment for previous actions and certainly not for the random assortment of herpes viruses that every person walks down the aisle with. To the extent that it was required (and I do not believe it is, although this is not relevant) your partner has been forgiven in the eyes of the Lord for all her past actions; as part of your marriage vows you are joined in that forgiveness. That blood test is notorious for false positives, Having an oral HSV-1 cold sore infection is a known risk factor for a false positive. So yes I do recommend obtaining a further ELISA test. You may even try to obtain the Westernblot from University of Washington for the definitive word on the subject.
    • WilsoInAus
      It is pretty definite he has HSV-2 so at least you will be concordant in that respect with no fears of passing it to him. Yes, there is a good possibility of some outbreaks within the first few months, however, this will not be a sign of your longer term experience which should improve tremendously.
    • Franky26
      Hey @WilsoInAus   Thank you for your reply, we live in north America, she did the test here in Canada, I will attach a copy of the test below. I understand your point of view but its hard for me to cope with this. I never thought this would happen to me which I m sure most people feel the same.  yes I did took vows for better or worst but I feel those vows are for whatever happens after marriage not because of something happened in the past.  i feel like this is something that is going to remind me of her past for the rest of my life. its not easy for me to look past that.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.