World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Notthesame

Igg test at 17 weeks anyone heard of diasorin liaison

Notthesame

Anyone heard of the diasorin liaison igg test and if it is any good. Had test at 13 and 17 weeks. Hsv1 positive 34.0  hsv2 neg <0.5 but still have symptoms. 

FuriousNCurious

Not familiar with " diasorin liaison" unfortunately, seems to be some form of tech / diagnostic tool.

What was your HSV-1 status before your encounter, and what are your symptoms?

Notthesame

Have always had the odd colsore on lips maybe once a year from childhood.

Encounter was early December one night stand with a girl who was  backpacking. Havnt felt right since. Red skin and some peeling the night after the encounter which got me worried from the start. Cleared up after 6 days.  Developed strep throat 1 1/2 weeks after and has sore throat off and on since. Although if been smoking alot with worry. Been to sexual health clinic week 1 week 2 week 4 week 6 week 8 week 10 week 13 and week 17. 

Have gotten an irritated anus and an anal fissure. Doctors at sexual health clinic had a look and said anal fissure. Also redness and irritation on penis and red scrotum. Also have some red with white on top inside the tip of penis on the bottom crease not the side this has been there at least 2months get a little bigger and smaller but always there. Doctor said can’t really see what I’m talking about and all looks fine and said he wouldnt swab as he wasnt going to add to my paranoia. Also steady tingling and itching. Could the anal fissure and white inside urethra and redness/irritation on penis be an outbreak. I’m not homosexual so doc said anal herpes wouldn’t happen and after researching its just WRONG . And also said I wouldn’t get herpes just in urethra. Doctor encouraged me on a few occasions to go back to having sex and im fine and again sincr ive started looking into it myself this advice seems WRONG . Had a liaison herpes IGG 1/2 test at 13 weeks and 17weeks. Both positive hsv1 34.0 negative hsv2 < 0.5 what do you think.

Quest

I don't know what it is, but over and over again a lot of you have these symptoms. Is it possible it could be HPV since there is no test for guys, but it is a virus, would it kind of act like HSV?  I see these physical symptoms and yet you all are clean! The neuralgia rate in here is amazingly high!! I remember once a doc told me to beware of docs when they don't know what it is, they will simply say it is all in the head. There is a dump load of people with these symptoms, I just don't buy that it is nothing at all!!!

FuriousNCurious

@Notthesame I feel you bro, and I'm so sorry you're going through all that.. I have a bunch of neuralgia/neuropathic symptoms that seem to persist (I'm 26-weeks post encounter, with HSV-1 antibodies already present before that). A good number of other forumers are on the same boat, with test results seemingly ruling out HSV as a cause.

Check out this thread, a guy with somewhat herpes-like symptoms swabbed negative for HSV but positive for HPV:

https://honeycomb.click/topic/69536-perplexed-get-recurrent-outbreaks-but-blood-test-negative

I agree with @Quest, this can't be all in our heads. I know anxiety can wreck physical havoc, but why would symptoms hit us even when we're well distracted with other stuff.

Something doesn't add up. The most plausible explanation for my situation is damage done through the ridiculous amount of antibiotics, painkillers & anti-inflammatories I was given.

Were you prescribed anything? And how were your anxiety levels when your symptoms started showing?

Edit: Also, I can't help but think your doctor's being a little reckless telling you to go back to having sex if you're still symptomatic.

Edited by FuriousNCurious

Notthesame

Doctors are definitely reckless about it. I called my gp and he seemed as if i was annoying him again and he wants me to make an appointment to come into talk about counselling. Anxiety was high at the time but i know my body and this is not it its the physical symptoms thats keep me anxious. I will check out the link thanks. Also the sexual health clinics advice seems very reckless. I don't know who to see next. It's hard to trust the blood test. I need to write down all my symptoms because my head is a blur I've had that many. I've had tiny bumps etc in my mouth aswell and sore throat and my bottom lip swoll up and split in the middle. Does genital herpes cause mouth symptoms at the same time if i didn't give oral sex could the mouth still be affected as a side symtom. Also strange dry cracked knuckles seems far fetched but I've never had it in my life before. I've had no drugs prescribed apart from antibiotic strep throat over a week after the encounter they did a swab for strep and it came back positive for a bacteria known to cause strep although it persisted 2 weeks even though the antibiotic was for 10 days I don't think the antibiotic cleared it up I think it went itself. 

Notthesame

Do any1 know if I can get the western blot in the UK. I found some research about the igg test I had and it maybe only 70% accurate. Think that's compared to the western blot so probably even less accurate if the western blot isn't 100% 

FuriousNCurious

Tracking your symptoms is a great idea! Key points to track - symptoms (characteristics & duration), medication (type, strength, duration), test results, and tag them all with dates. It reduces your mental load and you may even notice a pattern at some point.

I doubt genital herpes causes symptoms in the mouth area. That would likely be down to the strep that was swabbed positive. Also note that antibiotics can have their fair share of side effects too, they kill the good bacteria internally which can cause gastrointestinal discomfort, they also kill good bacteria on your skin which can cause rashes & dry skin, and the list goes on. Side effects differ between individuals.

Do what you need for your body to recover from the strep & antibiotics,  like getting enough rest, drinking lots of water, taking probiotics, then see if your body starts feeling better.

Also try your best to keep your anxiety levels in check, it's REALLY hard and I can totally relate, but it's important to keep an open mind at this point. It'll help you understand the "cues" or "hints" your body is trying to give you.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the accuracy of blood tests, but try searching this forum and you'll find a number of posts from others who are familiar with it and you could get a better idea on the statistics.

Quest

@FuriousNCurious You confirmed the link I was looking for!!!! Bravo:thanksflowers: 

A lot of you have redness, neuropathy and irritation. @NotthesameWB. =(the gold standard) Would I go get swabbed for HPV? you decide, is it free in the UK? I would think it is cheaper than the WB? HPV is much higher in the population in the USA-80% I am really sorry you are going through this. It can't be easy! Heart goes out to you. Let me know if I can help you research.

That is an amazing link, FuriousNCurious!!:sign-bravo:  in fact, I was told to expect it at some point. 

Edited by Quest