World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ManOutOfMind

Anyone know facts about titers?

ManOutOfMind

I'm having a lot of trouble finding any actual science on this, but can't shake something that the infectious disease doctor and one urgent Care doctor both told me about titers. They said that IgG levels start building, Spike heavily, and then fall back down to a "balanced" level that is different for every person.

So for example, my HSV1 IgG is 3.67 at 2 weeks, then 3.7 at 4.5 weeks. I know that is just normal test variance, but they said if I test at 6, 8, 12, weeks etc and my numbers start climbing to let's say 5, 7, 9 IgG that it would mean my body is still ramping up defenders and could be diagnostic in assuming a newer infection. If it stays at the 3.7 range it would suggest a longer infection that's already leveled out.

However, I've also seen some people who report crazy high IgG values in the 50s and higher, and seen people also say this means they're got a long standing infection.

I know every immune system is different but I'm wondering if anyone knows the science on this? Any articles on the subject?

ManOutOfMind

@WilsoInAus I'm not sure if you're a doctor but from a few of your posts some hints you've dropped make me think that you may be? Curious if you have any comments

WilsoInAus

What you say might be a general average to a person carrying the virus. But there is just too much variability in antibody production as well as testing to draw conclusions.

You are positive and may have been that way for a long time. No additional testing will alter this feasible explanation.