World's Largest Herpes Support Group
herpes123

FDA Launches Criminal Investigation

herpes123

https://khn.org/news/fda-launches-criminal-investigation-into-unauthorized-herpes-vaccine-research/

From the article:

According to four people with knowledge about the inquiry, the FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations is looking into whether anyone from SIU or Halford’s former company, Rational Vaccines, violated FDA regulations by helping Halford conduct unauthorized research. The probe is also looking at anyone else outside the company or university who might have been complicit, according to the sources who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

My thought:

I wonder what the posters, investors, and backers here that were so blindly following, promoting, and pumping Halford - practically ready to nominate him for saint-hood, declare victory over Herpes, and viciously attack anyone that had any opposition to their agenda driven statements, including the moderators who would seek to ban members and removed posts... feel about this latest development ?  You know who you are, and you seemingly were complicit.

Scooby2112

Take it easy on people on this board.  People look for comraderie, information and hope.  For most people Salford was/is hope.  Just because he doesn't follow the FDA guidelines doesn't mean he wasn't someone who cared for our population.  

Those that just seek hope should be allowed that.  

cracked

I want everyone reading this article to pay close attention to the tone and wording used towards Thiel and the Trump administration. This is a recurring theme in every single article written by this author. That should give you a pretty good picture of what’s going on here. 

moialbalushi

Btw I cant see Agustin’s facebook’s Profile anymore. Can anyone ? 

Luckenbach

People on this board are desperate for relief. Nobody is complicit in anything other than wanting a cure or a vaccine to protect loved ones. 

The bitch, Marisa Taylor, that keeps writing these stories is in somebody’s pocket. 

Tying it back to Trump/Thiel is just another way to attack conservatives. Never mind the fact that they are trying to bust loose the shit show that is the FDA. 

If Halford was affiliated with an ultra left wing group they would be singing his praises. 

Anyone that thinks the government and big pharmaceuticals have the best interests of people on this board in mind are naive. 

If and when a cure is discovered, they want the credit and the money. Halford and Thiel were thumbing their nose at them. Thus the attacks. 

All the people in the study were adults. They made their choice freely to participate. If they choose to be injected with pixie dust from Mars, that is their right. The government needs to step the fuck back. 

GlitterDx

Halford was very left wing but it was not about political affiliation. Halford did not believe in big pharma conspiracy. Thiel is about the money.

The results of the trial were hyped and fabricated. The vaccine didn’t work. The majority reported that it didn’t work. There were adverse events, some severe. Yet they continued to promise and offer the vaccine to others. This was devastating and shocking.

People were hurt, disregarded and then abandoned. And you were mislead. As fellow sufferers and human beings, we could not ethically let this happen to others. 

Don’t be ignorant. Being haters won’t help. Calling people names won’t change anything. Consider yourselves lucky. 

dont quit!17
13 hours ago, GlitterDx said:

Halford was very left wing but it was not about political affiliation. Halford did not believe in big pharma conspiracy. Thiel is about the money.

The results of the trial were hyped and fabricated. The vaccine didn’t work. The majority reported that it didn’t work. There were adverse events, some severe. Yet they continued to promise and offer the vaccine to others. This was devastating and shocking.

People were hurt, disregarded and then abandoned. And you were mislead. As fellow sufferers and human beings, we could not ethically let this happen to others. 

Don’t be ignorant. Being haters won’t help. Calling people names won’t change anything. Consider yourselves lucky. 

What would make him think Halford was Conservative? Most educated folks especially from academia tend to be lefty. Conservatives even gripe about this fact. 

fixme1

Why are halfords political views being mentioned haha. Marissa Taylor has one motive and that's to lay into thiel for some reason, end of the day he's more successful and always will be than her .

17 hours ago, GlitterDx said:

Glitter how are you getting on now symptom wise are you feeling better?( serious question )

fixme1

Oh and Agustin posted that he is leaving fb, check rich mancusos page .he said it isn't a good use of his time being on itand wrote that rvx and still working hard.

Luckenbach
3 hours ago, fixme1 said:

Why are halfords political views being mentioned haha. Marissa Taylor has one motive and that's to lay into thiel for some reason, end of the day he's more successful and always will be than her .

I have no idea what Halford’s politics are. The point I was making was that if he was a cross-dressing, transgender, anti-gun, surgeon performing free plastic surgery on men changing into women (or vice-versa) and he used the same tactics for a cure for HIV, he would be painted as a brave hero fighting the system. 

Thiel’s involvement made him an easy target for the left.  

And, I still feel that those that entered the trials did so willingly, and aware of the risks. 

fixme1
9 hours ago, Luckenbach said:

I have no idea what Halford’s politics are. The point I was making was that if he was a cross-dressing, transgender, anti-gun, surgeon performing free plastic surgery on men changing into women (or vice-versa) and he used the same tactics for a cure for HIV, he would be painted as a brave hero fighting the system. 

Thiel’s involvement made him an easy target for the left.  

And, I still feel that those that entered the trials did so willingly, and aware of the risks. 

Fully agree most will have known the risks , still I hope they are all ok and are doing fine. We all strive for hope and we just need something to make a break through !

GlitterDx
On 4/14/2018 at 8:46 AM, Luckenbach said:

If Halford was affiliated with an ultra left wing group they would be singing his praises. 

This is why I stated Halford’s political view.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:48 PM, cracked said:

I want everyone reading this article to pay close attention to the tone and wording used towards Thiel and the Trump administration. This is a recurring theme in every single article written by this author. That should give you a pretty good picture of what’s going on here. 

And this is why it is also relevant.