World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Divon

Hand herpes

Divon
Posted (edited)

Ok so My hsv has spread to my hands and eyes a while back. The information around it is not great. If I have a minor symptom can I give People hsv by just shaking their hand? 

And about occular, these topical treatments, after what symptoms will a patient need them?

Edited by Divon

Scooby2112

How were you diagnosed with herpes in those locations.  It would be insanely rare.  

3 year olds get oral herpes and don't spread on their own body to the extent you claim

Taintedgirl

Don’t you have hsv 2?  How did it spread so far? What are your symptoms? 

Divon

Periods of nerve buzzing and itching from wrist, hands and fingers. I also get tiny bumps and white spots. They have been examined but not confirmed. 

Around the eye area its the same with periods of intense itching aswell as some redness and other symptoms in the eyes.

Taintedgirl

You could have some kind of eczema I would get tests to confirm 

Quest

There was this lady on Facebook who got rid of her 15yr old ish s daughter s ocular hsv in three days! It looked bad and it was amazing to me! She used MMS spray. The oxygen spray chlorine dioxide.  I could try to find her. She had it in the corner of her eye. Amazing! I get it on the back of my hand and I thought maybe it was another type of virus. I can get rid of it in a day with DMSO and food grade hydrogen peroxide which is much stronger than the MMS.

Divon
17 hours ago, Taintedgirl said:

You could have some kind of eczema I would get tests to confirm 

Not so many tests you can do, I´ve had it looked at by a doctor. PCR CAN find on hand herpes but its not very likely since the skin is quite thick there so u need to get a pretty obvious lesion for them to think that its worth it. PCR testing is quite limited to muscous membrane and fluid blisters.

16 hours ago, Quest said:

There was this lady on Facebook who got rid of her 15yr old ish s daughter s ocular hsv in three days! It looked bad and it was amazing to me! She used MMS spray. The oxygen spray chlorine dioxide.  I could try to find her. She had it in the corner of her eye. Amazing! I get it on the back of my hand and I thought maybe it was another type of virus. I can get rid of it in a day with DMSO and food grade hydrogen peroxide which is much stronger than the MMS.

Alright, but it does go away on itself just like anywhere else though right?

Divon

Anyway I wanna add some things here. Occular HSV2 is rare yes, hand herpes with HSV2 is more likely than HSV1. Total reported cases is smth like 60% HSV1 for hand herpes which means its more common for HSV2 to spread to the hands (HSV2 is several times less usuall than HSV1 to carry).

It has also been stated that in adults hand herpes infections are usually HSV2 unless it happens to a dentist or something like that.

About eczema, nah. Not that kind of itching at all and its spread out too randomly for that. Would have to be some veeeeeeeery weird kind of eczema then and no idea why it would even be called eczema if it acted like this.

It´s not so strange that my hands got infected, while I had blisters I touched them a lot to investigate and I really mean a lot.

Taintedgirl

I would get the bumps biopsied you have to be sure before you jump to conclusions and does your eye have blisters and crusting?

Quest
8 hours ago, Divon said:

Not so many tests you can do, I´ve had it looked at by a doctor. PCR CAN find on hand herpes but its not very likely since the skin is quite thick there so u need to get a pretty obvious lesion for them to think that its worth it. PCR testing is quite limited to muscous membrane and fluid blisters.

Alright, but it does go away on itself just like anywhere else though right?

yes, of course. I thought ocular hsv was dangerous?

JHenry

On a different, but related topic.  After 30 years, I am trying to dissect what exactly is meant by “skin to skin” contact.  Hypothetically, If I touch myself and I am shedding (but of course would not know that) and then touch another person, say in their genital area,  could I  have in fact, infected them with the virus?

In my minds eye, from what I have read – to have “skin to skin” contact  I would literally need for my penis to  touch their skin in a susceptible area  to transfer the virus.   

I guess my bottom line question is, “can I transfer the virus with my hand”?   You would think after 30+ years of dealing with this nuisance, you couldn’t have anymore questions. And afterthought question-how much does Valtrex reduce asymptomatic shedding And in layman’s terms, what exactly does that mean in application and context?

Thanks in advance   

Divon
On 2018-04-16 at 8:16 AM, Quest said:

yes, of course. I thought ocular hsv was dangerous?

Doesnt have to be no. In fact, I think its called corneal scarring when it becomes dangerous and is fairly rare to happen, esp if HSV2.

Divon

If there is anything positive about this hand/eye herpes it is that the genital one doesnt use much of my minds thought right now :). I have something new and more immediate to worry about.

Taintedgirl
On 4/21/2018 at 10:45 PM, Divon said:

If there is anything positive about this hand/eye herpes it is that the genital one doesnt use much of my minds thought right now :). I have something new and more immediate to worry about.

Get biopsy @Divon it might help you in the long run 

Divon

I´m struggling hard identifying what is what on my hands and arms. I have some constant symptoms such as prickling(?) constant sensation sometimes in one small area which often later shows some small bump and the random itching here and there. How on earth Am I supposed to know whats regular sun eczema / whatever and what bumps are herpes?

WilsoInAus

Easy enough, tbey look and feel quite different. What you describe does not sound like herpes. However, a swab should give you some comfort in this regard.

Divon
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Easy enough, tbey look and feel quite different. What you describe does not sound like herpes. However, a swab should give you some comfort in this regard.

Can you describe this more detailed? First of all you have only oral herpes or somewhere else too?

About a swab (and I have also asked a skin doctor about this) it is quite unlikely for my small symptoms to show up on a test. Not saying impossible but it is at the point where a negative answer would be the far more likely one.

I have previously requested a thread discussing PCR swab testing further in detail on this forum since people pretty much only talk about blood testing. From what I have understood, PCR testing prefers to get fluid from the lession to be very accurate. When used by only rubbing on areas it less likely to pick something up, especially in thick skin areas.

About bumps from sun eczema and herpes bumps, please evaluate on how I can know what is what with certainty.

WilsoInAus

If your symptoms are too small to be swabbed, then it’s highly improbable to be herpes related.

I think you may be confusing PCR with culture. PCR can detect as little as a few copies of the virus. Although the lab usually applies a threshold to give a positive detection. PCR can readily detect shedding for example.

A herpes lesion is not a bump, it is a rough patch in which one or more little blisters will form. This will only occur in the dermatome region of the infection ganglion. The blisters bumps will last a couple of days and probably be weepy.

They then ulcerate in the sense of the rough patch going down and there being almost a divot of new skin that may form a light to thickish scab. 

Divon
8 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

If your symptoms are too small to be swabbed, then it’s highly improbable to be herpes related.

I think you may be confusing PCR with culture. PCR can detect as little as a few copies of the virus. Although the lab usually applies a threshold to give a positive detection. PCR can readily detect shedding for example.

A herpes lesion is not a bump, it is a rough patch in which one or more little blisters will form. This will only occur in the dermatome region of the infection ganglion. The blisters bumps will last a couple of days and probably be weepy.

They then ulcerate in the sense of the rough patch going down and there being almost a divot of new skin that may form a light to thickish scab. 

While this is a great explaination I feel like you have described a full blown outbreak. If I already have antibodies it would be highly unlikely that I would get a full blown outbreak on my hands after getting the infection on my hands since I´m a young guy with a kind of healthy immune system. About PCR... If a lession is very small it will have fewer copies of the virus and those copies will come and go away much faster than on a bigger lession that could have millions of copies (?). With that being said, the PCR would have to be timed pretty well to detect DNA in a small lession at a thick skin area, do you disagree with this?

WilsoInAus

What I described is a recurrent outbreak.

What you are describing is quite clearly not herpes. Where precisely are these bumps occuring? Back of the hand?

Curious2
On 4/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, Divon said:

Periods of nerve buzzing and itching from wrist, hands and fingers. I also get tiny bumps and white spots. They have been examined but not confirmed. 

Around the eye area its the same with periods of intense itching aswell as some redness and other symptoms in the eyes.

Experiencing the tiny bumps and white spots also. And sometimes my hands flake up usually it's the right hand as I am right handed. I too think it has been passed to my hands. And it comes and go on it own.  I thought it was from me washing my hands too much but I don' think that' the case

Divon

Yeah I might also add that I experience periods where my skin over My fingers cracks and these skin cracks stay visable for weeks. I can feel them when they come. Right now I feel nothing there though, today the itching and stuff has been mostly eye area and a bit genital area.

Dutchy
On 6/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, Divon said:

Can you describe this more detailed? First of all you have only oral herpes or somewhere else too?

About a swab (and I have also asked a skin doctor about this) it is quite unlikely for my small symptoms to show up on a test. Not saying impossible but it is at the point where a negative answer would be the far more likely one.

I have previously requested a thread discussing PCR swab testing further in detail on this forum since people pretty much only talk about blood testing. From what I have understood, PCR testing prefers to get fluid from the lession to be very accurate. When used by only rubbing on areas it less likely to pick something up, especially in thick skin areas.

About bumps from sun eczema and herpes bumps, please evaluate on how I can know what is what with certainty.

I had a swab taking from my face. It came out negative. My dermatologist said that if it was herpes it would have come out by testing because it is right there in the DNA...even if there are no fluids ...

Divon
13 hours ago, Dutchy said:

I had a swab taking from my face. It came out negative. My dermatologist said that if it was herpes it would have come out by testing because it is right there in the DNA...even if there are no fluids ...

I see. My eyes just started burning a lot and today I saw my first blister suspect. Been calling around like a crazy person to get doctor appointments but not very fast here. I think I will go somewhere this morning. Going to ask them to PCR test it and then tell them to get me to an eye doctor. Both oral and genital herpes is kind of mild issuues compared to hand and eye herpes in my opinion. This shit really sucks. Hands because thats the last part of your body that you want to be contagious and also a pretty nerve sensitive area and eyes for the complete obvious reasons. It is hard to find any place where HSV is more serious than the eyes, I mean possibly the brain of course.

The research for occular herpes needs to be fast tracked. I can buy that the medical community doesnt view herpes as very serious but when it infects the eye or the brain there is no room to underestimate the virus.

WilsoInAus
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Divon said:

I see. My eyes just started burning a lot and today I saw my first blister suspect. Been calling around like a crazy person to get doctor appointments but not very fast here. I think I will go somewhere this morning. Going to ask them to PCR test it and then tell them to get me to an eye doctor. Both oral and genital herpes is kind of mild issuues compared to hand and eye herpes in my opinion. This shit really sucks. Hands because thats the last part of your body that you want to be contagious and also a pretty nerve sensitive area and eyes for the complete obvious reasons. It is hard to find any place where HSV is more serious than the eyes, I mean possibly the brain of course.

The research for occular herpes needs to be fast tracked. I can buy that the medical community doesnt view herpes as very serious but when it infects the eye or the brain there is no room to underestimate the virus.

Pull yourself together man, stop being a blouse. You know full well this issue has nothing to do with herpes. You do not have herpes on your hands or your eyes. Come on man you can believe it. Men don't cower with silly suspicions.

Let's be genuine authentic and get a test man!!

Edited by WilsoInAus