World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Divon

Hand herpes

Divon
Posted (edited)

Ok so My hsv has spread to my hands and eyes a while back. The information around it is not great. If I have a minor symptom can I give People hsv by just shaking their hand? 

And about occular, these topical treatments, after what symptoms will a patient need them?

Edited by Divon

Scooby2112

How were you diagnosed with herpes in those locations.  It would be insanely rare.  

3 year olds get oral herpes and don't spread on their own body to the extent you claim

Taintedgirl

Don’t you have hsv 2?  How did it spread so far? What are your symptoms? 

Divon

Periods of nerve buzzing and itching from wrist, hands and fingers. I also get tiny bumps and white spots. They have been examined but not confirmed. 

Around the eye area its the same with periods of intense itching aswell as some redness and other symptoms in the eyes.

Quest

There was this lady on Facebook who got rid of her 15yr old ish s daughter s ocular hsv in three days! It looked bad and it was amazing to me! She used MMS spray. The oxygen spray chlorine dioxide.  I could try to find her. She had it in the corner of her eye. Amazing! I get it on the back of my hand and I thought maybe it was another type of virus. I can get rid of it in a day with DMSO and food grade hydrogen peroxide which is much stronger than the MMS.

Divon
17 hours ago, Taintedgirl said:

You could have some kind of eczema I would get tests to confirm 

Not so many tests you can do, I´ve had it looked at by a doctor. PCR CAN find on hand herpes but its not very likely since the skin is quite thick there so u need to get a pretty obvious lesion for them to think that its worth it. PCR testing is quite limited to muscous membrane and fluid blisters.

16 hours ago, Quest said:

There was this lady on Facebook who got rid of her 15yr old ish s daughter s ocular hsv in three days! It looked bad and it was amazing to me! She used MMS spray. The oxygen spray chlorine dioxide.  I could try to find her. She had it in the corner of her eye. Amazing! I get it on the back of my hand and I thought maybe it was another type of virus. I can get rid of it in a day with DMSO and food grade hydrogen peroxide which is much stronger than the MMS.

Alright, but it does go away on itself just like anywhere else though right?

Divon

Anyway I wanna add some things here. Occular HSV2 is rare yes, hand herpes with HSV2 is more likely than HSV1. Total reported cases is smth like 60% HSV1 for hand herpes which means its more common for HSV2 to spread to the hands (HSV2 is several times less usuall than HSV1 to carry).

It has also been stated that in adults hand herpes infections are usually HSV2 unless it happens to a dentist or something like that.

About eczema, nah. Not that kind of itching at all and its spread out too randomly for that. Would have to be some veeeeeeeery weird kind of eczema then and no idea why it would even be called eczema if it acted like this.

It´s not so strange that my hands got infected, while I had blisters I touched them a lot to investigate and I really mean a lot.

Taintedgirl

I would get the bumps biopsied you have to be sure before you jump to conclusions and does your eye have blisters and crusting?

Quest
8 hours ago, Divon said:

Not so many tests you can do, I´ve had it looked at by a doctor. PCR CAN find on hand herpes but its not very likely since the skin is quite thick there so u need to get a pretty obvious lesion for them to think that its worth it. PCR testing is quite limited to muscous membrane and fluid blisters.

Alright, but it does go away on itself just like anywhere else though right?

yes, of course. I thought ocular hsv was dangerous?

JHenry

On a different, but related topic.  After 30 years, I am trying to dissect what exactly is meant by “skin to skin” contact.  Hypothetically, If I touch myself and I am shedding (but of course would not know that) and then touch another person, say in their genital area,  could I  have in fact, infected them with the virus?

In my minds eye, from what I have read – to have “skin to skin” contact  I would literally need for my penis to  touch their skin in a susceptible area  to transfer the virus.   

I guess my bottom line question is, “can I transfer the virus with my hand”?   You would think after 30+ years of dealing with this nuisance, you couldn’t have anymore questions. And afterthought question-how much does Valtrex reduce asymptomatic shedding And in layman’s terms, what exactly does that mean in application and context?

Thanks in advance   

Divon
On 2018-04-16 at 8:16 AM, Quest said:

yes, of course. I thought ocular hsv was dangerous?

Doesnt have to be no. In fact, I think its called corneal scarring when it becomes dangerous and is fairly rare to happen, esp if HSV2.