World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Curious1998

Hsv1

Curious1998

Got the call this morning that I’m hsv1 and honestly I’m so sad about this I told myself I wasn’t gonna cry when I got my results but I can’t help it. Just knowing I got this and there is no cure I’m just so hurt about it I feel like my life is over. I feel so dirty and disgusted with myself. I don’t know what to do. 

Scooby2112

Do you know if it's oral or genital?   Over 60% of the population has HSV1.  Most are oral infections but a few are genital.  

Only way to know is having an active sore swabbed.  

Scooby2112

Also since 60% or more of the people have hsv1 you are in the majority.  Not something that should make you feel dirty.  Did you get chicken pox? Did you fee dirty then?   It's just another virus.  

Curious1998

I have genital hsv 1. And I was a baby when I had the chicken pox but guess me knowing how this situation was brought on to me has me feeling a certain way specially since I just been  diagnosed my emotions are everywhere you could relate to that huh? 

Scooby2112

Yes everyone can relate.  The stigma around the virus is what is weighing on you.  It's an artifact of our puritan past.  Herpes isn't as big of a deal in some countries.  

Here we are taught sex is dirty and getting an Std means you are promiscuous.  When in reality it's just something that happens.  We all fave many viruses th hat are transmitted back and forth.  Some are permanent like Epstein Barr and cytomegalovirus which are both other forms of herpes.  Many people have these but since they rarely shows symptoms people don't know and don't care.  Herpes however is known how it's transmitted and therefore that dirty aspect gets attached.  

If you got it shaking hands people wouldn't care one bit.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Jupiter6
      By Jupiter6
      Hello, I am new on here. (19F)
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 on March 4th this year, since then I have flared up twice (One flare-up lasting about 2 weeks). My sex drive crashed and burned as soon as I was diagnosed and I lost my appetite too - felt like rubbish for a while but kind of slowly accepting that this is part of my life now and I need to get over it. After telling my current partner that I have HSV and him being fine with it, my last flare up had FINALLY healed and we were going to have sex again but it hurt that much that he couldn't enter me fully. He is quite big but I have had no problems in the past. 
      I feel as though my vaginal has swelled (I'm not sure if it has) but I was just curious to see if it was so last night I tried to have a feel and I don't know if it's just because I wasn't in the mood but my actual vagina did feel very small. My vulva gets a bit itchy sometimes and even though the virus has healed, I still have a lot of discharge and it is uncomfortable to sit down.
      I've been back and forth to the GUM clinic since December as they didn't manage to diagnose me with the HSA virus until March. Before I was diagnosed I thought it could be Trichomoniasis but the nurse told me it wasn't as I wasn't in the kind of pain that women when they have this. I'm thinking now that it might be down to vaginismus (involuntary tensing of the vaginal muscles) but I honestly don't know. They've swabbed me for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea twice (since Dec) and those results were negative, they didn't think it was BV and it isn't anything HIV/AIDS related either as I have been tested twice for that too. I haven't been told that I have genital warts but I do have a few skin tags on my bum and near my genitals and my mam had genital warts too - but surely they would have known and told me if it was GW?
      This is really affecting me as I enjoy sex a lot, and do it a lot. My thoughts since being diagnosed are that nobody is going to want to have sex with me, nobody will love me ever again and I can't enjoy my life the same. Since trying to accept having herpes I was thinking that the flare-up is only temporary and after it has healed I can have as much sex as I want, but now it has healed ... I can't because it hurts before penetration has even happened
      I don't know what to do! PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you x
    • Kelly__
      By Kelly__
      At the age of 19 years old, I was told that I’m positive for Genital Herpes other know as hsv2. The moment the doctor said “ma’am it look like those are Herpes sores” I knew it but I didn’t want to believe it at all because I’ve only been with one guy from the age of 15 only one and he gives me this. Out of all things, he gives me the dirty gift of Herpes. Outbreaks are hell, as I pee it feels like I’m on fire and the sores ... omg the sores, hurted so bad. They irritated my skin and made my girl look pure nasty. I must say that I was more mad at myself than him because I knew he was a college athlete at a very popular school and most likely you’ve seen him on tv but anyways he was my first and only boyfriend. I’m not 20 years old and I’m a college student, I would like to move on with my life but I’m so afraid because I literally only had one boyfriend ever so I’m pretty shy and I don’t know how to actually tell someone I have Herpes, that’s the scariest part to me and I believe because I’m so young, it makes me feel even worst. I just want to be myself again and date. But i need advice 
    • Jasmine1997
      By Jasmine1997
      I was diagnosed with herpes just recently and I've been stressed everyday about it ... My partner know he's very supportive in many ways but he wasn't the one who gave it to me ... I had it for a long time and didn't know it 
    • anon2018j
      By anon2018j
      Hello,

so I have recently just been diagnosed with herpes type 1, I had a Cold sore on my face and it also spread my genitals. 

I was wondering where is my next outbreak likely to be? genitals or around my mouth?
    • me943
      By me943
      Hey guys I need some feedback and insight,
      A year ago I took a blood test for herpes and I got Herpes Simplex Virus 1/2 test, IGM is positive with a ratio of 1.60. I followed up with an HSV 1 & 2 IGG specific test and got negative results. I am concerned on my results and unsure of what to do or what to think. I haven't had any outbreaks or any signs of herpes. I thought about getting another blood test done to double check, but I need some opinions on what to do.

Please help me!!!
  • Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.