World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lovehut123

Chronic cold sore sufferer

Lovehut123

Any chronic cold sore sufferers? I need some advice on how you have dealt with this emotionally and anything that has helped treat or prevent outbreaks

KCookie

Year before last was my worst year, had one every month, as one would disappear 10-15 days time another would appear. How have I dealt with it, terribly. I actually take time off work, luckily my own business, not very good on the bank balance though. I take Famvir, l-lysine and clover leaf. I thought I had nailed it as I went all last year without one, then begging of March I've had 4 in a row with only 5-8 days apart. To help outbreaks I would say plenty of sleep, cut out foods high in Arginine, no stress and keep out the sun. Had for me as I work outdoors in 40c heat. Emotionally I'm a reck, it like my brain takes over and I can't stop stressing what I look when I have one. As most say on this forum it's only a cold sore, but to me it's the end of the world. Compeed patches are good to use with an OB, defiantly helps the healing process and at least the lady's can wear makeup to cover them.

How often are your OB, do you eat the correct foods. Do you get plenty of sleep.

Chicagonow

Meet too would only get it every 5 to 6 yrs and this year ubhave been getting one every month. Have been having  hsv1 since I was a child. But I donhabe hsv2. And i am 43 oily skin to pimpes that don't go away for months

KCookie

Didn't get my first one until I was 20, now 45. Back home in the U.K. I would hardly get any and I led a very bad life, ie lots of raving. Now grown up all I do is eat healthy and lots of exercise and I'm riddled with the bloody things. Just can't understand why. 

How do you cope when you have an OB.

Chicagonow

I don' know trying topical creams going to see if I start taking valtrex 

sochke
5 hours ago, KCookie said:

Didn't get my first one until I was 20, now 45. Back home in the U.K. I would hardly get any and I led a very bad life, ie lots of raving. Now grown up all I do is eat healthy and lots of exercise and I'm riddled with the bloody things. Just can't understand why. 

Your are having almost 25 years..how do you managing life with famliy

Lovehut123
19 hours ago, KCookie said:

Year before last was my worst year, had one every month, as one would disappear 10-15 days time another would appear. How have I dealt with it, terribly. I actually take time off work, luckily my own business, not very good on the bank balance though. I take Famvir, l-lysine and clover leaf. I thought I had nailed it as I went all last year without one, then begging of March I've had 4 in a row with only 5-8 days apart. To help outbreaks I would say plenty of sleep, cut out foods high in Arginine, no stress and keep out the sun. Had for me as I work outdoors in 40c heat. Emotionally I'm a reck, it like my brain takes over and I can't stop stressing what I look when I have one. As most say on this forum it's only a cold sore, but to me it's the end of the world. Compeed patches are good to use with an OB, defiantly helps the healing process and at least the lady's can wear makeup to cover them.

How often are your OB, do you eat the correct foods. Do you get plenty of sleep.

Have you tried sunscreen for your lips ? Try some with zinc oxide . That's what my Dr told me. You should find some stress managment techniques. Emotional stress can make it worse. I feel you tho I'm that it makes me upset when people say they're just cold sores. They are psychological torture and can cause frustration dating if one gets them often.

Ive gotten one every month since my first outbreak. I got a bad one last month. One would appear. Took valtrex it would be gone end of day and new one popped up the next day. Went like that for a couple days. I had bad anxiety that month. Seems like I'm learning my triggers. Stress and anxiety can easily cause one so I've been taking supplements daily to boost my immune system. So in a way it's like I'm on suppression therapy . Im hoping I finally found a combination that works for my body. 

Lovehut123
18 hours ago, Chicagonow said:

Meet too would only get it every 5 to 6 yrs and this year ubhave been getting one every month. Have been having  hsv1 since I was a child. But I donhabe hsv2. And i am 43 oily skin to pimpes that don't go away for months

Do you know what could be causing the ob?

Lovehut123
9 hours ago, KCookie said:

I try and remember that this is temporary . And that I will find something to make these things come less often . That I will use this to be better and make myself healthier. I barley started getting them. I wasn't living a healthy lifestyle tho before . Have you tried supplements? 

Chicagonow
2 hours ago, Lovehut123 said:

Do you know what could be causing the ob?

No not really started trying to eat healthier started to add more dairy I think that might be it cause trying to eat oatmeal and started drinking juicer juices. Dont.know if body is building up or what but trying to cut down on the milk.. to see what happens.. And just to b clear I have 1 and 2 and just found out in 11/2017 with #2 and went to doc because I was having ob #1 back to back. So ask her to get me really tested always had std testing but time I wanted that one to be   checked for. Cause honestly I don' feel much just time to time itches  thr. When I found out I felt something down thr.  But humid weather triggers my #2 I think will confir. This summer. Just found out at 42 but I think I ha e been having it for about 20 yrs

KCookie
18 hours ago, sochke said:

Your are having almost 25 years..how do you managing life with famliy

Well my kids never want to kiss me and to be honest I don't want that either, even thought both my daughters have had sores early in their lives. I just can't work out how they got it. I'm so so careful when I have a sore, I use a patch straight away, have my own towel, toothpaste etc etc, it's like i lead a separate life to my family. My wife has only had a few sores in twenty years together, but my kids do share her makeup, also their carer used to get sore. I'm just hoping they never get another one. Sex life is pretty crap with the wife as I have sores more that not. Feel quite lonely to be honest. These sores certainly ruin my life.

KCookie
15 hours ago, Lovehut123 said:

Have you tried sunscreen for your lips ? Try some with zinc oxide . That's what my Dr told me. You should find some stress managment techniques. Emotional stress can make it worse. I feel you tho I'm that it makes me upset when people say they're just cold sores. They are psychological torture and can cause frustration dating if one gets them often.

Ive gotten one every month since my first outbreak. I got a bad one last month. One would appear. Took valtrex it would be gone end of day and new one popped up the next day. Went like that for a couple days. I had bad anxiety that month. Seems like I'm learning my triggers. Stress and anxiety can easily cause one so I've been taking supplements daily to boost my immune system. So in a way it's like I'm on suppression therapy . Im hoping I finally found a combination that works for my body. 

Yes I use factor 50 sunscreen on my face twice a day and use factor 50 lip balm constantly throughout the day. Since I've been running my own business I am completely stress free, that's why I can't understand why I've had four in a row after not having one for 14 months. 

DandelionGrl

I'm a little late to the conversation, but, "Hi! Chronic cold sores here too!"  On average, I can have up to 3 ob a month, since my early teens.  I'm amazed and relieved to finally find people like myself.  I use varying doses of Valtrex,  Acyclovir cream, and Zovirax cream.  I've also had some luck with Lysine and prescription acne creams.  But my best tip is TUMS!  If I can get to the sore before it fully blisters, I can treat it with a paste, or even stick the wet TUM right on my lip, and it WILL dry the sore.  Sometimes it prevents the sore from ever blistering, sometimes it prevents blisters from spreading, and sometimes it just speeds up the blistering process and cuts my down time in half.  If I could share anything with this group, that is it.  :D 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Locs
      By Locs
      I gave my partner oral herpes but I haven’t told him yet. I was just diagnosed 2 days ago. A little background, I’m a normal 20 something year old. I have been having sex with my partner for about 7 months now. When we first started messing around it was more so of a thing that “just happened” (protection was used) around this time he was also talking to another girl as well. We eventually just started hanging out more and we got closer. We’re together all the time, even though we never actually said we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Back in june I was raped by my boss ( he didn’t use protection) I told my partner and we’ve been working through the problem together. My roommate also told me after 2 months of living together that she has type 2 herpes. I was only frustrated with her because she didn’t tell me before we moved in. Not that it would have changed anything, just that I would have taken better precautions because we share practically everything.  I was open with him about me feeling sore down there before I went for a check up. We both thought that I just had gotten a cut from rough sex. He performs oral on me often and he told me how he saw the “cuts” as well but he still proceeded to perform oral a little until i told him it felt too uncomfortable. After that incident we haven’t been having sex until I felt better. (I’m pretty sure that’s the moment I passed my virus on.) I took it upon myself to look at my “cuts” in a hand mirror and it looked too serious to just be from rough sex. I’m not sure if my roommate, him, or my rapist passed it on or maybe I have had it and not known. I just really don’t know how to tell him. The hardest part about having this is that I can pass it on. I just feel so low. And now all I can think about is my rapist and how he could have possibly gave it to me. I ruined my partners life and I’ve been trying to build the courage to tell him. 
    • Asiangirl77
      By Asiangirl77
      Dear all, 
      first of, i’m thankful I found this website. I’ve been diagnosed with genital warts a few months back since April and it hasn’t been pleasant. 
      As I was doing my treatment for genital warts, immediately as I went home I realised some small bumps which then immediately turned into huge yellow ulcers that really hurts like shit. 
      Hence I went back to my doctor the next day and she was surprised as well, 
      1. Is there a chance of contacting genital herpes from oral sex? 
      2. I do not have any blisters Nor rashes but these sores does hurts and pee-ing is just terrible, it burns so much. 
      3. How do one survive with being diagosed with herpes? 
      4. Any chances of soothing the huge sores that i’ve have? 
      5. I’ve been given some anti-vira medication, any idea how Long does the outbreak takes? 
      6. Does that means there’ll be no more unprotected sex from now on as I might pass this virus to my partner? 
      7. Pretty sure I’ve gotten it from this Australian guy, but I haven’t been able to tell him to go for a check up and all. 
      Please feel free to give me suggestions and ideas on this thread as i’m In a lost now and have completely no idea what’s the next step. 
      I can’t seem to upload the photos of the sore here, so if anyone could help, please let me know as i’m Desperate to clear the pain. 
    • awm
      By awm
      Hi guys, I'm so glad I found this forum again and that there is a section called 'Rant and Rave' because I think that's all I need to do really. Some insight and education in your responses would be useful though :-)
      So...lately I've been run-down, stressed with work and general life. I've been trying to rest but it's been tough of late. Only in the last year since I started my own company have I had coldsores appearing on my lips, I've had 4 in total now and they come pretty big.
      Recently on and off I have taken Acicolvir tablets thinking to myself 'I know I'm run down, a coldsore might come' but then it's hard to know when to start/stop taking them? Usually I'll take them for about 7 days, a coldsore doesn't come, so I stop.
      Anyway, I was taking the tablets for about 5 days after I took some time off work with what I thought was tonsillitis.  The doctor gave me some antibiotics too and I continued taking the Aciclovir too but not for the past 2-3 days after the antibiotics finished and I managed to just feel well enough to go to a festival with a friend. Low and behold, this morning my throat started feeling sore again and then on the train on my way home, all of a sudden this white spot appeared on my top lip and it's only since I've actually got home that I've noticed a couple of other spots next to it and now this is looking quite familiar. I guess it's a coldsore :-(
      This is tough, considering I just about got over what I thought was tonsillitis and I just really don't need this right now. In past experience it takes about 2-3 weeks to clear completely!
      So...I have a lipzor machine, which cost me a lot of money (no idea if it actually works), I've been using that on it, I've also applied some zovirax I have left over, I now have a patch on it for when I got to sleep, I've taken 2 aciclovir tablets, 2 x lycine tablets, 1 x echinecea tablet and that's it.
      I've read up on all the things to do but it would be good to know if anyone has any advice as to what to do at this really early stage.
      I also wonder if perhaps this was never tonsillitus and maybe antibiotics was the wrong thing to take? Can the virus come out with swollen tonsils too?
    • Blackboi
      By Blackboi
      It was on the 12th of August, 2015 when I realized or had my first out break. Few days before that day (August 12th), I went to a friends birthday party, I had so much alcohol, I was happy then I met this girl, she was kinda alone and me! Feeling like a superstar wanted to cheer her up. 
      So we talked and I gave her some alcohol, she was so much excited and we danced, hugged and even cuddled while dancing. Then she told me she was tired she needed to seat she asked if we could take a walk away from the party. 
      Whom am I to say no, after all she is very pretty and sexy, I took her to a nearby uncompleted building, she asked if she could smoke? I said yes sure feel free. She smoked we had some more drinks, then it happened. We had unprotected sex in that building, although I deed the withdrawal method, hoping and feeling everything is ok. 
      To cut short the story, I started noticing some bumps like objects on and around my penis. To be honest, I was so scared there was nothing that didn't Cross my mind including HIV. I browsed the net for clues or similar symptoms, I became all the more confused. 
      The out break and symptoms lingered for weeks, on the 4th of October I summoned the courage to see a doctor, he examined me and suggested a couple of test. I ran the tests and it was confirmed, I had been infected with Herpes Virus. He then prescribed some drugs for me, which I bought and took according to the prescription. 
      1 and 1/2 weeks later the symptoms cleared and the itching stopped, I took the complete dose just to be sure and it seems like all was ok. By the end of November I noticed a fresh out break again, I went back the doctor he asked me to buy the same and continue the medication, he added that that's herpes for you, just when you think they are gone, they reappear. 
      While taking the drugs the doctor adviced me to avoid alcohol and other substance that may weaken my immune system, it then means I was also suffering from weak or low immune system because as at when I did the test, my white blood cell count was 5700 it was a bit low. 
      This means I had to take my drugs regularly to keep the out break away. To sum up my story, I travelled to the village on the 23rd of December for a burial arrangement. In the course of the event I was discussing with my uncle then I opened up to him and shared my experience. 
      That was when he mentioned moringa leaf and seeds to me, he went into his house brought out a small plastic can filled with moringa seeds, he said I should eat about 4 to 5 seeds three times a day, then take about 3 ounces of dried moringa leave add to a kettle and boil, after boiling I should just drink it like a normal green tea. 
      I spent my remaing days of the festive season in the village, while taking my moringa seeds and tea. I returned to the city with a hand full of seeds and leaves and continued my moringa therapy for the next 3 months. On the first week of April 2016 I decided to take another test, the test result came out and this time my white blood cell count was 8600, although the HSV is still there but I haven't noticed or had any out breaks since I started taking the moringa seeds and leaf. 
      Today is the 27th of July, 2018 and I am glad to say that I havent noticed any out breaks since then and I have not been taking any HSV drugs as well. more so, I am proud to say that I am a father to a lovely beautiful baby girl. Although at first I was scared if my girl friend had been infected because I didn't have the nerves to tell her and she was begining to get upset of my frequent use of condoms. 
      So I stopped using the condoms and we had intercourse, and the result is a lovely beautiful baby girl, while we were at the hospital I requested that a test be carried out on her, LO and BEHOLD she was and is still HSV negetive. 
      So my dear lovely people, please don't beat yourself over this, it is most certainly not the end of anything in your life, all you guys need to do is boost your immune system naturally to fight the virus from the inside. Anywhere you find yourselves, please kindly look for moringa seeds and leaf, chew at least 4-5 seeds a day and if you can get the leaf, take two cups of the tea in the morning and two cups in the evening and all will be well with you. 

Thank you all, remain bless
      hendrick.laama@gmail.com

• mkumar
      By mkumar
      life is not easy , Guys Vertrans from long time pls advice what to do , any experience are most welcome , Functional Cure where one can leave in peace 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hairpees
      I agree your post was very well written. I think I was speaking from more of a GHSV1 perspective as it relates to the oral virus so many carry and spread.   I too, before being diagnosed, was small minded and ignorat about herpes. But I believe it had to do with the way I was brought up. Looking back now I want to say it was because of my experience in college. I went to ASU, we are absolutely known for partying and STI’s. I was heavily involved in Greek life, and bascially if one person found out you had herpes your life was changed  socially and romantically. You were the girl/ guy on campus with herpes. A bunch of little 18-22 year old shits who didn’t give a flying F if you said HSV1 or HSV2. It was herpes. That’s all they were known for. Surrounding schools found out and people from your hometown found out. Maybe my generation sucks but that’s extremely sickening to witness and go through.  I now work in marketing with a bunch of people my age and older. There is a guy who disclosed and was open about herpes to a lot of us in the office and again, he was just known as the herpes guy. And no, not by me but grown adults with real jobs and education. Most likely those adults statistically had some strain of it too. But again these are my experiences. I know they are wrong now but who knows when the rest of the world will catch up.
    • mrwright
      Hello I am new to Honeycomb, I live in Chicago IL. 54 years young & single, I look forward to making many new friends here.
    • Onehotmess
      Some more good news on crispr! Restoring cells to an uninfected state once a virus is destroyed. https://phys.org/news/2018-09-cells-uninfected-state-virus.amp Now if only they could remove this virus from each of us and fix the effective cells would be no longer a dream! 
    • WilsoInAus
      But don’t you have an oral HSV-1 infection? Condoms don’t protect against that?
    • Herpeguy562
      Give it a try and report back to us. It's pretty safe vaccine approved by the FDA.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.