World's Largest Herpes Support Group
juhll18768

Is it ok to take valtrex when you drink and might be at risk?

juhll18768

1 st of all I want to say I wear condoms, EVERYTIME, but sometimes they do break...

Would it be ok to take valtrex every time I drink and might have sex with a new woman? 

Maybe take 1000 mg or so, and discontinue the next day? I have no side effect with Valtrex (herpes retro viral drug), and it stops outbreaks 100%.

My fear is that taking Valtrex intermitently for only 24 hour regiments might make herpes stronger, possibly resistant to Valtrex?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• pseegs
      By pseegs
      So 4 weeks ago I tested positive for HSV 2. igg levels 1.36
      took test about 1 maybe 2  days after my risky exposure which I suspect is where I contracted it I started taking Valtrex.

Anyways I was taking 500 mg of Valtrex since once a day. Also taking an assortment of l-lysine ginger root, oregano oil topical and pill vitamin c list goes on. I have always eaten very clean but for that month I really tried to fast primarily on vegetables and fruits. I also decided to work out a lot of cold showers etc..
      So one month goes by I get tested Igg comes back igg .92 HSV2   that's a low positive right?  would the Valtrex have made it go down to .92?   Then they do a retrace test which I want to find out some more details on pretty sure that means they just run the blood through again and it came back negative this time I think its an igg negative.
      So yeah I'm obviously very glad, this whole situation has made me change my life and it wasn't easy still isn't. I am thankful for that.
      The doctor says she wants to run some more test again but said I should still be considered positive.
      Also could have been exposed to this a few months ago as well just was thinking it was that time because of the burning urination. I got tested one day later after that exposure within 24 hours. would igg even come back 1.36 if it was from then?
      Also if I have tested positive twice both being very low 1.36 and.92  should I get a WB.
      Thanks for reading excited to hear some feedback.

I will get more testing done next week should know more then and share

• Helipilotguy
      By Helipilotguy
      Scenario,  I had a sexual encounter with a person in early January, I was afraid of any STD did two weeks after i got a full panel test.   All results,  except HSV1 were negative (I've had HSV1 for a long time).  I got tested again (independent anonymous lab) 5 weeks 4 days post exposure and this time the IGG results forHSV2 cane back as 1.03.  Scared,  the next week I went to my doctor AND to an anonymous lab (just for comparison).  My Dr results were IGG 1.08 and other lab was 1.06.  My doc said positive and I stated daily valtrex.   Now,  12 weeks and 2 days after exposure,  my HSV2 IGG is at .74.  I've read a lot of conflicting information about this scenario... valtrex does affect blood work,  valtrex doesn't affect bloodwork.. 
      I've never had a "typical" outbreak, if at all.    My first one, if that's even what it was,  started with a folliculitis type rash in my pubic area,  itchy scrotum,  an increased urge to urinate,  and an itchy feeling inside my urethra BUT NO TYPICAL LESIONS, like all the Dr's say will happen.   I had a second possible ob, with the exact same symptoms a month later BUT NO LESIONS.   It was just after clearing that I went to the doc. 
      So my question is..... can valtrex LOWER an IGG score that much?   I've read that Terri Warren (although I couldn't find the direct post)  said that it can delay seroconversion BUT can it change the numbers so dramatically?   I'm scared to stop the valtrex because of my situation, im married and had an affair with the other woman.   My wife knows, everything,  and we are working through things BUT I must need piece of mind. 
    • yupitsherpes
      By yupitsherpes
      One would think that a drug with virtually no side effects, and a majority of ppl unknowingly carrying an sti would get some air time. I don't understand. The stigma and the ignorance is frustrating and I'm tired of carrying around a 'dirty little secret'!
    • Anon1029384756
      By Anon1029384756
      Hi all, 
      I have hsv2 and am wondering if Valtrex could trigger outbreaks.  I realize this question sounds absurd, but bear with me.  
      I have never used Valtrex before about 2 weeks ago when I started taking 1000mg daily for suppressive therapy (I have had hsv2 for 6 months and had 2 outbreaks so far, so I figured suppressive therapy wouldn’t be a bad idea). 
      A few days after I started daily Valtrex therapy, I got an outbreak.  Is it possible that by some mechanism Valtrex could trigger an outbreak? I realize there is no scientific data to back this up, but I am wondering if anyone has experienced something similar. 
      Thanks 
    • Dying2Live
      By Dying2Live
      Looks like there is now a site that's in English selling Amenalief (amenamevir) for the rock bottom price of about $95.43 USD a day. ($668 shipped for 14 x 200mg pills at 400mg/ daily dose). Amenalief is one of the helicase primase-inhibitor class of drugs that has been around for the better part of a couple decades, but has just recently made it to market in Japan. Pritelivir is also a member of this drug class. For those that have less than stellar results from current antivirals, helicase primase-inhibitors are likely to offer a relatively impressive improvement in quality of life assuming you can afford the ongoign cost of using them suppressively (needless to say they are NOT a cure). As a side note, the FDA blocked further testing of Pritelivir back in 2013, so in case you're wondering why you cannot buy this class of drugs as a consumer at your local pharmacy for a more reasonable price using your prescription drug plan, you owe a large thanks to the FDA for your being forced to weight your physical and emotional HSV-related damages against the cost of this treatment.
      If anyone out there is independently wealthy, willing to order an antiviral drug from a Japanese company, and would be so kind as to report back with their experiences taking Amenalief suppressively, I'm sure many of your fellow sufferers would be extremely thankful!
      https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=705711&item_branch=001
  • Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.