World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Mya

Nice birthday present

Mya

So I found out yesterday that I have herpes. It all started about two weeks ago, I felt like I was developing a yeast infection, but started feeling better so I thought nothing of it. A few days later my boyfriend and I had sex and that's when the outright pain started. I though it was just friction burns, so I went to the doctor to have it checked out. She's down there looking around and she says "This looks like herpes" and ordered a bunch of tests. That was last Wednesday. So I stressed out all weekend but still managed to have a nice birthday on Monday. Then on Tuesday I got the call and the diagnosis. I've been prescribed with Valtrex 1 gram tablets, twice daily. Damn those pills are big o_O

Luckily, my boyfriend has been wonderful through all this, even though he realizes he probably has it now too. I tried breaking up with him twice over the last week, and both times he looked me right in the eye and said he still loves me and still wants to be with me and get married and have kids and everything else we've planned. I was just worried that I finally found a great guy and was going to lose everything, and that no one would want to be with me because of this. My mom's been really supportive too.

I've been in so much PAIN. Yesterday was the worst; migraine headache all day with full body aches, fever, chills, the pain down there from the sores is so bad sometimes I can barely walk, and on top of that I just started my period. I just barely made it through work last night and was crying from the pain on my breaks. Finally broke down and took some Aleve; body pain is mostly gone now but the headache remains :(

I'm trying to stay optimistic and tell myself that I'll feel normal again soon and be able to mostly forget about this (other than having to take medicine every day). Boyfriend is gonna go get tested soon just to be sure, but I'm 99% sure he has it too. But as long as we can still have our life together, we can deal with this. Reading through this site has helped a lot too. Sorry for getting too lengthy, babbling is my style ;)

sunshine3

you're lucky...

Hi,

I'm just new here too. You have a wonderful boyfriend. I do too. I was so scared to tell him but he knew I'd been having pains and I can't hide anything from him... especially when I'm upset. I got the official results just yesterday but I pretty well knew what I had. The symptoms were classic. Anyways, after I told my boyfriend and after having him tell me it's not that big a deal he went and did some research and scheduled an appointment with his doctor to get tested as well. Last night he called me and told me that he hopes he has it too so that we don't have to worry as much about me passing it to him (although.. he could have given it to me... but anyways...). I couldn't believe how supportive he has been with all this. You're lucky you have him around... if you're anything like me you'll need the support from time to time so stop trying to break up with him. He's a keeper :D

Mya

Well, I was so racked with guilt and felt so sorry that I'd most likely given it to him that I just assumed he wouldn't want to be with me, so I gave him the option "If you don't want to be with me because of this, I'll understand" (through tears of course, because of course I don't want to lose such a great guy, but in my mind I thought it'd be selfish of me to assume he'd stick around). And he'd just grab me and hold me in the tightest hug he's ever given me and basically told me it didn't change much (except that we'd be pill poppers for the rest of our lives lol), and all that mattered to him is that we'd still be able to have kids. But now it's got him wondering if he could have picked it up while he was in the Army and it just never showed up in his blood tests :/

Yeah, we're probably gonna go to Planned Parenthood on Monday or Tuesday so he can get tested. The only problem is is that Valtrex is expensive enough with insurance, and he has none, which is why we were looking at Lysine for an affordable substitute. I'm still gonna be kinda skittish about fooling around until we're both on some sort of preventative medication, because I don't want to be passing OBs back and forth.

It's great that you have someone so supportive as well :) Guys like ours really are keepers, because the last thing we need at a time like this is our support system ripped out from under us like a carpet. I was so afraid of a bad reaction, but I realize now it's not in his character, he's really laid back about things. This was no different.

Good luck with everything :)