Herpes scare, can anyone help?

I have been itching for the last two months after a protected encounter with a female. itching started in four days and I have seen dermatologists and a GP none of them say this is Herpes related however the itching does not go away. They did not see lesions however. My groin and anal areas are very tender (reddish and can feel the pubic hair rubbing my skin but no one saw bumps, I felt on or two cuts in the anal area as they tend to cause stinging sensation while showering) and have been itching or feels slightly burning once in a while and constantly feeling like something is crawling in that areas. Visited three dermatologists and one GP. All advised it is not herpes and two of them gave steroid cream and two dermatologists prescribed antifungal. I don’t know which of them are right? I am driving myself crazy reading too many forums. Is this some sort of asymptotic herpes where the symptom just shows as itching and redness? My first two weeks of itching was intense and eventually subsided while applying the steroid cream but it return when I stopped applying that cream for 2-4 days. applying antifungal or steroid cream it gets better but the redness returns in few days again if I stop applying. Could it be herpes? The doctors days they don’t see blisters so they don’t think it is herpes. My 4 week testing hsv1/2 is negative. I m safe or do I have to wait till 3 months? I read from Terri’s post that IgG won’t pick up hsv2 8% of the times,May I know why? Do you think the lesions might show up later time or it would have shown right away?  It has been 6.5 weeks since exposure almost. I read forums in which people found out having An out break after 6-8 months? Should I trust the result after 3-4 months and Should I trust my doctors? 

This female is a sex worker and one time thing. I am married and have a wife but we stopped having sex a year ago due to issues so had to look for other areas and I feel that I made a big mistake in my life. 

MY seven week testing was also negative IgG for both hsv1/2..

I had chat with many doctors and they say this is not herpes but my symptoms won’t subside at any cost. I am scared to death, my nose, face and mouth r having intense crawling, itching feeling which is not going away. I am scared that I contracted something and also autoinnoculated to my face and nostrils. Even my nostrils are itching and I did use protection while having oral and vaginal sex. The encounter lasted for 1 min when she is on top and one min from her back. No anal involved and I neither did not touch her genitals.. I don’t understand the mystery.

You won’t believe this today, but your stress is the main culprit here. Genitally focussed anxiety causes itching and burning. 

Stop and close your eyes for a moment and you’ll realise how much you are clenching your muscles down there.

Start to relax more, a warm bath before bed etc. Finish whatever your treatments are and just relax and believe you’re ok!

• Thanks 1

I agree but do you see any of these similar to atypical herpes symptoms? Can I get a late outbreak? I am scared.. 

by the way from your name I figure out that you are from Australia, I visited NZ last year great experience to be in the Australian continent. I wish to visit Aus sometime in future.. 

Outbreaks occur about 2-12 days after infection. The intense general itching you describe is not a male symptom of herpes.

The point is you are scared of being punished in some way. When you relax and believe you’re ok, I’m sure you will be.

• Thanks 1

Many of us blokes have been there mate, I assure you.

NZ is a wonderful place, particularly the South Island in my view. 

Australia is quite different. It is bigger than the US minus Alaska and sparsely occupied!

Agreed, I have been to both north and South Island.

Agreed that Australia is quite big, I do have family in Melbourne so might pay a visit in future. Thanks for the support. 

Should I get tested again you think or should I keep my concerns aside? 

Technically the 12 week mark is conclusive in the negative. 

However I do feel you’ve had absolutely no reason to suspect herpes in the first instance.

It would be best to start believing now with any further test at 12 weeks being the final word on the matter.

I found that there is a bump coming in my pelvic region it is not painful not itchy but it look at like it has pus in it. Could it be foliculitis? I am scared.. it is not painful though..

19 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Technically the 12 week mark is conclusive in the negative. 

However I do feel you’ve had absolutely no reason to suspect herpes in the first instance.

It would be best to start believing now with any further test at 12 weeks being the final word on the matter.

@WilsoInAus I just realized this morning that there is a bump that came up which is not painful but reddish and looks like it has some fluid in it. Does this look anywhere near to Herpes? I feel this is more like Folliculitis? Any thoughts Wil? 

C45C0589-E6C2-42CD-A09A-500F82A7B2D4.jpeg

I am scared to shit, please help. 

FuriousNCurious

Hmmm.. That really looks like folliculitis. There's a hair follicle growing right smack in the centre of it. It's totally understandable to be scared about it given your current situation.

• Thanks 1

Here is a good site for that.  Herpes can form around hairs but a much larger chance of folliculitis.  Best advice watch it for a couple days and read this site.  

http://www.livingwithgenitalherpes.org/what-does-herpes-look-like.html

There is also an entire page about pimple and herpes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1