World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
trying2livenormal

Swollen labia

trying2livenormal

Alright. So I had a blister on my labia majora yesterday. I tried to pop it because they heal faster when you get the virus out (at least I feel it does). Now, I know you aren’t supposed to pop them, but like I said... I do. Oops. Anyway, the area got really swollen and it was uncomfortable going to bed. So this morning I wake up and take some Advil to reduce the swelling. Didn’t work. My lymph nodes are swollen up into the right side of my pelvis now, and the skin is pink. My right labia majora is HUGE! And it is hard in some spots. Has this happened to anyone else? I had an epsome salt bath and now I’m icing my lady bits. Could the area get infected that fast or did I just piss off the virus?

Quest
Posted (edited)

WOW!!! If friction pisses of the virus then I imagine you did. Ouch. Based on DontJuan's research. If it were me I would use some CVS brand Zinc Cold Remedy spray. You want the ingredients Zinc lactate, zinc sulfate cream may be a good second. it can be hard to find everytime I go I usually only see 1-2 it is in a white /orange box and is about 2x4'' tall. I would spray it on and let it air dry then finish with diaper rash/bed sore zinc oxide cream combo. If I have a sore it instantly takes the pain away. Dr. B had my sibling taking curcumin 6x a day for inflammation. 

I am sure the men and women are better prepared to answer your question. You did the right thing with ice n Epsom salts bath. Don't pop them silly! Sleep more and less stress will be critical.

Edited by Quest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • walkthetalk
      yea I am on them.  Been taking them for about 8 months now.  I reckon they're good for general well being too, cause I am not as tired as I used to be and I didn't get the flu this year.  My blisters stopped after about the third month, but I really don't know if I am still positive or not, cbf doing a blood test and I am not dating so I don't mind not knowing for now.  But I am happy to stay on them for a while.
    • Pokemon
      See also: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/spotlight/imports/viral-shedding-level-dictates-risk-of-herpes-transmission.html  
    • Pokemon
      "We predict that transmission is unlikely at viral loads less than 104 HSV DNA copies" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006256/ The above quote suggests that transmission can take place with 10,000 copies (104).
    • vanish123
      See this article.  I would say that it is Herpes.   I have burning mouth syndrome and have to take a lot of antivirals.  Was valtrex then famicyclovir, then acyclovir.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html
    • vanish123
      Sorry to tell you, but I have the same thing.  Probably HSV 1.  It was not as bad as before, but when I kissed certain people it would get worse.  The last person I dated had HSV 1 and now I have it as burning mouth syndrome.  So here is the article.  I get tingles everywhere if I get saliva on me no matter where you kiss me.  So trigeminal area and my skin.  When the I guess initial outbreak was happening, I was getting fever and skin irritations everywhere.  Now I try to be careful not to kiss my partner  anywhere or touch my eyes etc, I do not need to spread it anywhere. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.