Anyone from SLC, UT

CamelliaSinensis

Hey there. Even with the support of my friends/family who are negative I would like to have someone to talk to near me who could understand stand or even help guiding me. Good doctors to go to for long term treatment, tips and tricks for dealing with outbreaks, sex with a partner is who is negative, etc. 

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Mandyw
      By Mandyw
      Support group I can join ?
    • HNairobiKenya
      By HNairobiKenya
      I am from Nairobi,Kenya. I have searched and searched but can't seem to find any form of Support groups from where I am. I think in Africa generally, HSV isn't something talked about much or tested that often so most people do not know they have it. For us who do know, it feels very lonely. I am not looking for a hookup. I just want to see if I can connect with people closer to where I am. 
      If you are in a similar position, from whichever country, please feel free to share your experience.
    • Sad4L
      By Sad4L
      So I lost my info to my other account but about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with HSV2. Only 17 Had Only had sex less than a handful of times. The close friend I gave my virginity to, my boyfriend I was on and off with due to me breaking up with him, and my first No strings art attached encounter (which was still with a male friend I knew well).  Nobody has ever stepped forward to take claim of my diagnosis or to apologize and be accountable. I still remember that night in the emergency room after being in pain for over a week and my mom sitting there telling me if it was serious she "wasn't going to help me" as soon as we walked out the doors that night. Not only that , she cut my phone off the next day so my doctors couldn't call me with my results. They called her so even though I know I have it and took the antivirals to clear it up I never really got that closure from anyone. The people in the ER didn't offer much insight except "It's not life threatening, it's not that serious, and to just wear a condom if I'm having sex specifically during an outbreak but that I wouldn't be having sex during an outbreak because it'd hurt." . After long long nights of losing myself to the mercy of google I stumbled across this site and though some stories completely made me obsess more, I will say it has helped me tremendously. My mother and I haven't talked about my diagnosis since, and so I don't feel comfortable crying to her. IM HAVING MY FIRST MAJOR OB SINCE THAT NIGHT and I can not stop replaying everything in my head and feeling like a complete waste of space. I'm in pain, I can't get the burning to stop. I tried a cooling aloe based gel but if anything it's irritating the skin more, my care team at my hospital is taking a while to respond to help get a prescription in and I just feel alone in all this. I know there's nothing unique about my case and that I should be more than grateful i haven't been having horrible back to back OB's but shit. Like fuck me , I just don't understand. 
    • Jackwilly83
      By Jackwilly83
      Hello, i am Jack.
      I have the gift that keeps on giving, looking for other friends for moral support and have open conversations about our physical conditions. I am from Mumbai.
      Hit me up for some intimate moments together.
      Jack
    • imtryingmybest
      By imtryingmybest
      Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 
  • Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Muscha
      If you take it multiple times you can expect the results to vary but Im not sure how wildly it might fluctuate.  If you had taken the test without a breakout, anything under 3.5 could possibly be a false positive.  Since you had a "nice breakout" after a sexual encounter and tested 2.82, I would assume it is not a false positive.  It sounds like your body is responding well with no additional breakouts.  As a consideration, a Western Blot test would be an additional test (very precise) if you are looking for clarity.
    • dont quit!17
      So it doesn't come mixed at the right percentage?
    • dont quit!17
      Is SADBE still effective for you? Thats interesting you went the naturopathic route. It sounds like they are might be more open to ordering meds off label. 
    • John2020
      Bumps appeared 3 days after sex  
    • UnhappyH
      I'm a male and had sex with a girl about 18 months ago and got HSV-2 along with a nice breakout! I had my levels checked with labcorp through stdcheck.com - and my HSV 2 IgG, Type Spe was 2.82 I haven't had a breakout since and just got tested again and my level is 2.02. Does that mean that my body is potentially fighting it and infection levels are going down or will it just fluctuate up and down? I couldn't find any data on this. Everything I read just said if it's above 1.09 then you probably have it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.