World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Leahrainy

Female HSV2 outbreaks

Leahrainy

Hello to all fellow HSV1/2 buddies! 

I have been living with HSV1 ever since I was a child, I learned what my triggers are (mostly sharing a drink with someone else) and so I learned how to keep it under control, so good that I can have up to one outbreak per year. 

I got HSV2 in September 2017. I've been having outbreaks every two weeks or so, and apparently that is something normal in the first 6 months / first year. I had one clear month recently, and I was extremely happy about that. I'm trying to learn what are the triggers for me in particular. This month I changed my diet even more. I cut on things like peanut butter, chocolate, carbohydrates, all kinds of nuts, and so on. I have a good diet with vegetables and fruits, plus L-lysine supplements, B complex and vitamin C. I exercise weekly. My goal is to minimize the number of outbreaks per year. I know a lot of people have the same wish as me. I would really appreciate any advice from fellow HSV2 friends out there. 

Thank you! 

LillianPanos

@Leahrainy Me similiar have hsv 1 since a child as older very few if any outbreaks, now hsv 2, since march 2016, outbreaks horrible and had burning discomfort for months finally feeling better no outbreaks but on valtrex daily, and use coconut oil and special creams down there daily, when I do enage in sex about twice a week feel a bit discomfort and burning though but no outbreaks. I too do exercise regularly do not eat peanuts and choclate and just try to eat healthy hopefully you start getting relief over time.

IcantThinkofaName

do you drink coffee ( stress on adrenals) or use collagen ( high  in arginine)? That messed me up at first, I was drinking really strong coffee though.

maybe limit use on those for awhile and try to add back in later on

Leahrainy
10 hours ago, LillianPanos said:

@Leahrainy Me similiar have hsv 1 since a child as older very few if any outbreaks, now hsv 2, since march 2016, outbreaks horrible and had burning discomfort for months finally feeling better no outbreaks but on valtrex daily, and use coconut oil and special creams down there daily, when I do enage in sex about twice a week feel a bit discomfort and burning though but no outbreaks. I too do exercise regularly do not eat peanuts and choclate and just try to eat healthy hopefully you start getting relief over time.

Thank you for your message. I think I will try Valtrex this week, I haven't thought of this option before. I'm always worried about herpes and sex, and always concerned that I could infect my partner with it, even though the statistics say the transmission from female to male is extremely low.. 

How often do you get an outbreak with your current regime? 

Leahrainy
8 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

do you drink coffee ( stress on adrenals) or use collagen ( high  in arginine)? That messed me up at first, I was drinking really strong coffee though.

maybe limit use on those for awhile and try to add back in later on

I do drink coffee, probably more than I'm supposed to per day, no stress though. I limit now my coffee intake to one per day. And I'm definitely avoiding now foods that are higher in arginine than lysine. I am looking forward to see if this will stabilize my situation. 

I had 5 weeks free of outbreaks, and I'm trying to figure out what I did right in that period. 

The thing is, I only have two triggers for my HSV1 (drinking from someone else, sexual partners are always in the safe zone; and if the lips get irritated, for example after kissing with someone who has a moustache, and those hairs irritate the skin) ; and I really hope it will work the same with my HSV2, so I'm figuring out what the triggers are specifically for me. 

I started eating turmeric daily, simply to make my immune system stronger, and I've read that it also helps with herpes. 

Regarding collagen, I was not aware that it can affect herpes. 

LillianPanos
12 hours ago, Leahrainy said:

Thank you for your message. I think I will try Valtrex this week, I haven't thought of this option before. I'm always worried about herpes and sex, and always concerned that I could infect my partner with it, even though the statistics say the transmission from female to male is extremely low.. 

How often do you get an outbreak with your current regime? 

After sex I always for some burning and a bit discomfort but not an outbreak. Have no had an outbreak for a 2 months, but when I get one its burning a raised area nothing like the first one that lasted over a month.

Beachlovr88

I always have pain and burning during and after sex too. Do you know of anything that is supposed to help with that? I've never found a thing. My doctor's useless. She barely told me I had Herpes.  

Feeling Normal Again

After a year and a half of constant outbreaks, I found Neem Capsules (Organic India) and Neem Oil (NOW brand). Both affordable on Amazon, one bottle of oil lasts me months.

I started out taking two capsules twice a day and applied oil twice a day. It worked fast. After just a few applications, pain and itching gone. Never had another sore. Two years outbreak free!

Within two months of being outbreak free, I cut back to Capsules one week on, two weeks off. And Neem oil once a week before bed. 

I drink a cup of very strong coffee every morning, eat chocolate, grains, drink wine after dinner. I do eat organic, but I eat what I want. Neem prevents outbreaks!

If I do feel even the slightest tingle, I apply neem oil for a few days, and sores never surface.

I was in shock how well neem worked for me and want to share hoping it works for others too.

Alwayssmile_
On 6/1/2018 at 8:07 PM, Feeling Normal Again said:

After a year and a half of constant outbreaks, I found Neem Capsules (Organic India) and Neem Oil (NOW brand). Both affordable on Amazon, one bottle of oil lasts me months.

I started out taking two capsules twice a day and applied oil twice a day. It worked fast. After just a few applications, pain and itching gone. Never had another sore. Two years outbreak free!

Within two months of being outbreak free, I cut back to Capsules one week on, two weeks off. And Neem oil once a week before bed. 

I drink a cup of very strong coffee every morning, eat chocolate, grains, drink wine after dinner. I do eat organic, but I eat what I want. Neem prevents outbreaks!

If I do feel even the slightest tingle, I apply neem oil for a few days, and sores never surface.

I was in shock how well neem worked for me and want to share hoping it works for others too.

Hi

Are you still outbreak free with those supplements? 

Dutchy
On 6/2/2018 at 8:07 AM, Feeling Normal Again said:

I am taking neem capsules foto a month now and already two ob's.... Taking 2 capsules a day...