World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
new person

oral sex with herpes.

new person

hey, it has been a one and half year since I have been diagnosed with herpes. But I also want to say that, I haven't experienced an outbreak for 6 months. Even while I am eating loads of sugary items. I know my herpes hasn't gone but I have come to this stage where I have to no longer take medicines. 

I have a question in my mind. Can someone perform oral sex on me if I take medicines? This is the major question. 

WannaCry

Someone can perform oral sex on you regardless of if you do or do not take Antivirals. However that person needs to be aware YOU are a carrier of the HSV virus. Antiviral medication when taken for 7 days+ in a row offers reduction of asymptomatic shedding and reduces OB risk.

new person

no, my question is they will not contract herpes if I will take antivirals? 

WilsoInAus

There is always a risk of transmission, all that can be done is minimise the risk. The risk of genital to oral HSV-2 is already very low, of the order of 1 in 5,000 episodes - the odds may be longer. 

The practical measures and conditions that reduce risk are as follows:

• No symptoms of any kind that carry a suspicion in your mind of a possible outbreak genitally
  • Your partner's mouth and lips healthy, not dry or cracked, sores, cuts, abrasions etc.
  • You taking antivirals
  • If the partner has oral HSV-1 (or genital HSV-2) this significantly reduces the risk
  • Barriers, dental dams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• KittyK
      By KittyK
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2 a little over a month ago. My symptoms weren't as bad as they could have been because I went straight to Planned Parenthood and they gave me medication and saved my life prettymuch, it only lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. Anyways, since then, I've had pretty much a non existent sex drive... I used to want it constantly before all of this. Has anyone had the same experience? Is it because of the HSV? Or is it a mental issue? I feel so bad because I haven't had sex with my boyfriend In over a month and he knows i have this, (he does not have it), but he still thinks it's because of him... I'm just genuinely not in the mood, ever. Which isn't normal for me... I just need answers, and anyone who tells me their experience might help me. No matter how much I try to think about having sex, or to get myself in the mood...it just seems like a chore to me... it's really depressing.
    • LauraZ
      By LauraZ
      Hello,
      I don´t know what to do, I had un protected sex in a party and I think I have herpes. My herpes I and II IMG is positive. Here I send I foto o my rash (sorry if its disgusting or something for some of you, but I really don´t know what to do). Do you think is genital herpes?
      https://ibb.co/geX21J 

• Trinax0
      By Trinax0
      So I had a rash on my vag. Peeling skin, burning and swollen. Two doctors confirmed it was an allergic reaction to clyndomyacin. While they were checking, they ran an STD test which showed I was positive for chlyamidia. I took meds and cleared that up. My urgent care doctor said I should do a follow up visit and check for syphillis and HIV because those are sometimes connected with Chlamydia. I then went and got tested & my primary care doctor also put on a herpes IgG blood test. All my results were negative except HSV2 I tested as follows : HSV1 negative .02 & HSV2 positive 8.0. In my head I was thinking there no possible way I’ve never had a bump lump lesion nothing ever that resembled herpes before. I did tons of researching and freaking out. My doctor then calls me on Monday and told me “all your tests are negative you do not have any STDs” and i said no no no hold on my “mychart” says I’m HSV positive and it’s a high positive and she said correct you have had it in the past but not currently. And I said that doesn’t make sense once you have it you always have it and she said yes it stays dormant but because you have never had a break out it’s notning to worry about and I’m STD free. I then called my Gyno and asked her the exact same thing & she said “your primary care doctor should not have given you that test that test has a very high rate of false positives and being that you have never had symptoms of herpes in your life it doesn’t make sense that you have herpes. She then told me “your other doctor was correct to presume your test is negative and your STD free” and I said so I’m good I have nothing to worry about? & she said “nope if you ever see a lump bump or open sore I want to see you immediately, however I don’t see that happening” (side note all I could see were the test results not any extra notes or anything else that doctors can see) 
      shoukd I still be concerned ? Should I tell future sex partners i have HSV2? Should i get another blood test ? Do I have herpes or not ? 
    • mkumar
      By mkumar
      I am Taking Hyperisince with Monolaurin from last 2 months , Monolaurin is a Good supplements helps a lot , But not sure about hyperisince if any reviews on this product pls update 
    • redNchains98
      By redNchains98
      So i was diagnosed last night with HSV-2 and a UTI and honestly my whole world felt like it was ending. I started taking the acyclovir this morning and so far i haven't noticed any results. I also bought Aloe vera gel, coconut oil, baking soda, and epsom salt.  I tried the coconut oil and it burned pretty bad. I also tried the epsom salt bath and the epsom cold compress. Both of those burned really bad and i read that it could be from the salt touching the blister(open wound.) I'm miserable and am looking for any ideas or advice to help ease the pain and relieve the itching. Anything is greatly appreciated as I've never felt so alone or scared before. 

• Trending Now

Create an Account

Our Privacy Policy.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation.