World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Inn_wonnderland

Just found out I have HSV-2

Inn_wonnderland

I found out yesterday that I have HSV-2 and honestly I just loose it at the thought of anything Happy. I literally cry at the drop of a hat and I can’t stop it. I have never felt more dirty and unwanted. I have the worst fears of never being loved again. The only person who knows is my sister who was there at the doctors with me, and all I feel is judge mental thoughts from her. I have honestly never felt so alone before. 

Do any of y’all have advice as to how it got better for y’all after finding out, or ways to move past the “thought and fear” of it? 

WilsoInAus

Was this a surprise for you, or did you know it was coming based on sex and symptoms?

Inn_wonnderland

Definitely a surprise. I have no idea where I could have gotten it from and honestly to scared to ask the last person (who we were on and off again) I slept with about it... he is kind of a jerk and what if his comes back negative. 

And when I first started having problems down there I went to the doctor and they told me I have a yeast infection and a UTI... until a couple days later I realized something else was really wrong. 

WilsoInAus

What test did you have and what were the results, that might help narrow down timing of infection.

Inn_wonnderland

All she did was a visual examination.. as the sores and lesions were pretty bad at this point. I’m going to go tomorrow to get blood work done. 

WilsoInAus

Insist on a swab, you really must insist. Request them to make sure it is properly typed. PCR is the best detection method but if they intend on doing a culture have them properly type it.

This does all sound like a recent infection if it comes up as herpes. This would mean it is the guy you mention, did you have sex with him in the week leading into the outbreak of sores?

Cinders00

I recently found out I have HSV-2. I found out this past Friday, to say the least, its been the hardest weekend of my life. I was so scared and nervous to tell my parents. but to my surprise they were entirely supportive, and that was and still is the support that helps me get by during this rough time.  I couldn't stop crying, i felt like I was nothing really.  its as if my confidence completely got stripped from me.I had so much anxiety on Monday morning when I had to go to work. But today has been a good day. I haven't cried today at all and I actually feel like I can breathe. tomorrow might be more difficult but all I'm trying to say is the good days are possible. I didn't think so, but here I am on this site when two days ago I didn't have the courage to sign up for it. 

If you want someone to talk to and relate with feel free to message me. 

good luck

Dee22

Hi

welcome. I think we can all relate to how u feel. Its a cery overwhelming emotional process and takes time. I think the uncertainty is hard and i am also trying to sit with it not knowing exactly how i got it. 

Inn_wonnderland

I feel like the days will get better eventually and honestly don’t know I I could do it with out support of others going through the same thing. The stigma that this thing has, is truly the worse; minus the pain of the first outbreak. It’s a pain like no other! 

NewlifeforVal

You're not alone, I'm 3 weeks in and i finally had 4 straight days of not crying and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I lead such a happy, stress free, good life here in los Angeles...I'm a good person, i have good friends, a degree in social work, a good job, i work out regularly, I'm attractive...I literally was living my dream... and it feels like that was someone else's life now. I am slowly accepting it, and reminding myself that that person is still me. 

The thought of dating/ telling any of the guys i talked to before this is terrifying. 

I am not used to not being in control of my emotions so this has definitely all the way shaken up my world. 

We will get through this. I have to believe that. I have to believe this is a fresh start on life, even if its unwanted.. And maybe this will force me to pick better partners. Force me to take even better care of myself.

Praying for us all. Sending a big hug to anyone reading this.

Dee22

Hey 

i feel the same and im also a social worker. I know that i can live a normal life but feel its will greatly impact my ability to date. And have also thought it will force me to look for nicer ppl who will be understanding and supportive...... and it is an isolating feeling thinking about it. :( it is really helpful connecting with others. And we will be ok ...

NewlifeforVal
8 hours ago, Dee22 said:

Hey 

i feel the same and im also a social worker. I know that i can live a normal life but feel its will greatly impact my ability to date. And have also thought it will force me to look for nicer ppl who will be understanding and supportive...... and it is an isolating feeling thinking about it. :( it is really helpful connecting with others. And we will be ok ...

Isn't it weird being the one who needs help right now? lol. I called my best friend crying like dam near every day for the first 2 weeks..which is not like me. Its hard to explain to friends, that the whole dating fear is such a huge thing to us. I know it sounds like its not the worst thing in the world..but it feels like it is. Which is something i think only us, the ones infected by it, can fully understand. I wish i could speed up this mourning process. 

Hiking today for the first time since HSV. Mission get my old life back..

HUGS!

Dee22

Yes its a weird feeling , spending our life supporting others but now needing it. I find friends dnt get how we may feel. . And realistically i know life will and is going on but there is uncertainty and sadness and somehow its just a really isolating experience. Ive had really bad flu for a month and now ive been paranoid it couod set the hsv off so for me i think i have all this extra worry. :(  

it wld be great if we cld meet but we are on opposites of the world. 

I guess i am trying to tell myself its a challenge to deal with but something that will hopefully still allow us to date and live our lives. ... but yes hace lots of moments where it doesn’t seem possible