World's Largest Herpes Support Group
friendlyguy131

Protected Sex with high risk female

friendlyguy131
Posted (edited)

Hello on Sunday afternoon I brought home a girl that I found out later used to be a sex worker. I'm not sure for how long but shes 24 years old. I asked if she was clean she said yea she gets tested a lot. In my stupidity I went ahead with the act. She performed protected oral on me and then we did protected doggy style for only a few minutes. The condom never slipped an inch but I know herpes can be shared while wearing protection.Over the next day I masturbated a total of 3 or 4 times which isn't too far above normal when I have the house to myself. 
The day after the initial encounter I started to have huge regret and anxiety about the whole thing and started to feel "symtoms". First thing I noticed was the tip of my penis at the hole is uncomfortably sore but not unbearable. I keep my hair trimmed so I'm always a but itchy but my anxiety is making it more noticeable in my head. I am experiencing some hot flashes and a bit of back pain but again I feel like that could be explained by the anxiety. for a couple of hours I did feel a "tingle" at the very tip of my penis. still no bumps or lesions yet. Is this too soon to feel anything and I'm just paranoid or is there something else going on. 
This is the only new partner ive been with in the last 7 years and I thought I did everything safe but now I don't know what to think.

It's day 5 and a half now and the Flu like symptoms are mostly gone but my Lymph nodes under my ear have been visibly swollen for the last 24 hours and a sunburn looking rash on my face and neck. I still have no lesions or bumps. most of my discomfort is in the rest of my body not my groin. 

Edited by BrotherD

Beachlovr88

I would definitely go in, and get tested. Insurance covers preventative screenings, and there are also free clinics. 

friendlyguy131
2 minutes ago, Beachlovr88 said:

I would definitely go in, and get tested. Insurance covers preventative screenings, and there are also free clinics. 

I'm going in as soon as tomorrow or I have an appointment for sure on Monday but if I don't have a sore by then will they be able to test?

Beachlovr88

Yes, the only way to find out if you're HSV positive is by doing a blood test. So, you'll tell the doctor your symptoms, and then you can ask for a blood test. They'll draw your blood and send it to a lab, and it will take 3 to 5 days to get your results back, depending on how far away the lab is.

friendlyguy131
6 minutes ago, Beachlovr88 said:

Yes, the only way to find out if you're HSV positive is by doing a blood test. So, you'll tell the doctor your symptoms, and then you can ask for a blood test. They'll draw your blood and send it to a lab, and it will take 3 to 5 days to get your results back, depending on how far away the lab is.

I was under the impression that a blood test this early was less accurate.

WilsoInAus

Hey mate. I think you are letting the stress of the situation overwhelm you somewhat.

At this time, a blood test will only indicate your herpes status before this episode (which may be worth doing).

It is best to have lesions swabbed, should this happen. Without such lesions, there's little indication a herpes infection took place. Lesions will occur at  least at the location where the virus entered the body. It is there not possible to have a lesion that appears only in the well protected area.

friendlyguy131

I'm trying to stay positive but every other sign and symtom I have points to a Viral Infection of some kind and the timing of the sex is too perfect to ignore. the only symtoms I don't have is the actual visual signs.

Beachlovr88

Men often don have any symptoms at all. Blood tests are the best and only way to find out, especially early on. Swab tests aren't as accurate. Trust me haha but since the lady you had intercourse with was once a sex worker, you definitely want to get tested anyway. To protect yourself and others from anything you might have contracted. You might not have anything to worry about. But its always a good idea to be proactive when it comes to sexual health. 

friendlyguy131

Blood test is on Monday and if anything grows by then they will have something to swab..The female seems to be very asymptomatic but isn't on any antiviral. I take responsibility for my dumb actions but what kind of shitty hand to be dealt. One time short encounter with protection the whole time and my life as I know it is over...

Puni

Even this happened to me, but my fear was hiv but turned out I got hsv1

Beachlovr88
On May 19, 2018 at 3:56 PM, BrotherD said:

Blood test is on Monday and if anything grows by then they will have something to swab..The female seems to be very asymptomatic but isn't on any antiviral. I take responsibility for my dumb actions but what kind of shitty hand to be dealt. One time short encounter with protection the whole time and my life as I know it is over...

It's certainly feels that way, doesn't it? Everyone tells me everything will be okay. And I can't help but disagree. But since you used protection, there's a good chance you'll be in the clear. So, you'll probably be just fine.