World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Ribbon35

Herpes in a pill to heal?

Ribbon35

Has anyone ever heard of capturing the secretions of your herpes breakout in tiny medical jar so that the virus can be collected and put into pills so that you can take them on the daily as a way to prevent recurring outbreaks?

I had a naturopath suggest this option to me as a way to decrease outbreaks. He even gave me the jar to capture and bring back to him whenever I have my next outbreak. Something about reintroducing your own herpes virus into your body helps build your immune system? Anyway someone there testified to it working for them for the past 6 months so I'm actually considering it. What do you guys think?

Taintedgirl

I wish we could post gifs on here because.....WTF! 

Please I beg of you do not capture your secretions and use them in that manner you could potentially infect other parts of your body and make your situation. Do not be led astray.

oldgal

Eww.  This sounds like something out of an old Vincent Price kind of movie!

I know this is the method behind various diseases and their medications, and for that reason I guess it perhaps has some merit, but I have to say that this is one of those times when I may well choose the disease over the treatment.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Skye249
      By Skye249
      Has anyone found a way of stopping menstrual-triggered outbreaks/viral activity? 
      This is the main trigger for me now after three years of having hsv2 but I don't know if there is anything that can be done without having a hysterectomy or using a contraceptive that stops it. Not keen on this or taking antivirals during my period so, are there any non medicinal solutions? 
    • Hairpees
      By Hairpees
      “I was tested, I’m clean,” he said on the phone
      I said “Are you sure?” I didn’t  like his tone
      Can I see your results, in plain black and white?
      Cause something feels off, I know it’s not right
      “My blood tests all negative, I’m in the clear”,
      I said “Where is HSV bloods, cause I don’t see it here?”
      We both seemed confused, and picked up the phone
      It’s not included in the panel? How should we have known?
      Did I give it to him? Did he give it to me?
      The CDC doesn’t test for herpes? HOW COULD THIS BE?
      Did he cheat? Was it dormant? Did I pass on a disease?
      No answers from lab coats to put me at ease
      No bedside manner, or kindness in their voice
      They decide what to test, what about our choice?
      I have to beg and to plead to pay for a test?
      Because knowing my own status will cause me more stress?
      Is this all a joke? Some kind of enigma?
      For a medical community to promote this kind of stigma?
      “We don’t think the test will change a damn thing”
      How about the psycological pain it will inevitably bring?
      “We therefore encourage doctors not to run the test”
      So let the poor symptomatics deal with the mess?
      “Ignorance is bliss, so it’s better to not know”
      And for everyone else, you reap what you sow?
      “It’s a harmless skin condition,” they’ll tell you I’m sure
      But let’s not test or talk about it, and not look for the cure
      False positives, the stigma, and lies all around
      A few examples as to why the CDC let’s us all down
      DEATH TO THE CDC fuck it right up the ass
      Include Hsv in the tests, we all may not pass
      And that’s perfectly fine let’s talk about it more
      Let’s normalize the STI, and the common cold sore. 

• sothisislife
      By sothisislife
      I was diagnosed GHSV2+ in 7/2017. I had the strangest calmness the entire diagnosis period, it was truly bizarre. I guess I just wasn't really worried; I have this innate, basically primal, belief that there is a yin to every yang… an ‘intuition’’ if you will. For the sake of the length of this response, I won’t go too deep into what I believe. But to make a long story short, NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE we all come from the same place. Science says big bang, one event. Religion says we come from God, … one being. No matter your beliefs, all creation hypotheses are similar in that it was ONE thing/being/event that created everything. I abso-fuckin-lutely cannot and WILL NOT entertain the assumption that anything is "incurable." A hypothesis that is substantiated and proven over and over again becomes a theory. But a theory is not fact. The only things that have been proven is that WESTERN MEDICINE cannot cure Herpes, as of yet. Mind you, they have not and will never do any kind of legitimate research or trials on naturally occurring substances (esters, herbs, plants, trees, flowers, etc.). Why? Because it is illegal to paten nature. No paten = No money.  They are making trillions of dollars a year on Herpes alone.

Before 1928, people died all the time of infections. The discovery of penicillin enabled mankind to say "hey, I have a cure for that!" But people all around the world have been curing infections for millennia with herbs. Example: I have an ear infection. My options are to 1. provide my body with proper nutrients, maybe stuff some garlic in my ear, and allow my body to do what its designed to do OR 2. (the lazy way) drop a few drippy drops of an antibiotic solution in my ear twice a day for 10 days. BOTH will work, but BIG PHARMA can only paten one, profit off one, and claim "curability" for one. Which do you think it is?!   In my opinion, we will NEVER see a cure for herpes. Medically and symptomatically, Herpes just isn’t a big enough deal. No one has ever died from Herpes.
      It is the 21st century and there are people out there, like me and possibly you, who don’t give a fork about big pharma’s claim to the incurability of Herpes. It is 08/2018 and I’ve had herpes for 13 months now. I have done an INSANE amount of research in the quest to cure myself. I have read (not many) testimonials from people claiming to have cured themselves. The problem (and scary part) is that these people won’t provide contact information, their names, or anything else identifying. The number of holistic healers who are dying and disappearing is honestly super forking scary. I want to know all your thoughts on this!! Comment down below.
      Links to a few studies performed on esters and herbs proving viricidal efficacy:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28196487
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13678235
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22377592
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18693101
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19576248
    • Sadhiker
      By Sadhiker
      A good compilation of ongoing clinical trials for herpes is on this website:
      https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?recrs=ab&cond=Herpes+Simplex&term=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=
      I also like this site for an idea of what's currently being funded by the NIH/NIAID.  You can also view all of their publications on HSV:
      https://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter_searchresults.cfm

• Itslife4u2defy
      By Itslife4u2defy
      Hello All! I had my first outbreak towards the end of May and it was horrible. I had a few open sores, peeing was excruciating and my vaginal lips were swollen beyond belief; very textbook.  After i recieved my diagnosis i went to work researching herpes and how to live my best life with it. After all, im only 18 years old and in college. I immediately start taking daily antivirals and order lysine. I was determined to not have another outbreak but not even 2 weeks after the start if my first ob i had another one. I was devastated. Since my first ob i believed i had 4 more and was besides myself( ive been doing everything to try and not have an ob; taking lysine, monolaurin, olive leaf extract). These outbreaks were nothing like the first, not much swelling or big sores, more like a few small white looking bumps that would go away, then reappear in a different spot, hence why i thought outbreak after outbreak. However, i went to the doctor yesterday to get a prescription for female condoms and told her about how many outbreaks ive had. She was so shocked and said there was no way i was having as many outbreaks as I said. She looked at the sores after i told her about the outbreak i was having right now and she promptly told me that its not herpes. She told me herpes doesnt look like that and i wouldnt be having outbreaks if im taking antivirals daily. She also told me that basically condoms wont do a damn thing about spreading herpes because it only covers the canal not the skin and the virus is transfered through the contact of thrusting. What do you make of this? Should i believe her? I just want my life to go back to normal as possible but i dont wanna risk giving herpes to someone else based off wrong information. The dots that show up on me look very much like this picture, just not as many or as big or located in the labia, mine are always locate on the skin next to the vaginal opening. —- side note: has anyone used female condoms? Was it still pleasurable? Do you feel as though its better at reducind skin to skin transmission than make condoms?

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • ExhaustedGirl1
      No they didn’t 
    • Quest
      Did your pictures look like the top pictures?
    • Quest
      No it won't go up forever, I know I have been infected for a long time. Some people in here have values in the 50s. it just gives you an idea of where those numbers can go from here. The more antibodies you have the better off you are and at least you know your immune system is building those antibodies. I hope you do really well!
    • WilsoInAus
      The number doesn’t matter very much in terms of your experience with herpes. Your immune system has 80 elements that address HSV and your experience is related to the combined effort of these 80 elements. I’d suggest this partner is very probably infected and has been for a while.
    • priorwalter
      Obviously zero percent transmission rates can't be assured with the combination of Pritevilir and Valtrex. But I think it's safe to assume based on what we know that their effects will be cumulative and they'll work better together than they would separately, since they're halting viral replication by different methods. Pritelivir inhibits the enzyme helicase, where Valtrex inhibits the enzyme polymerase. If it were the case, for example, that Pritelivir were also going after polymerase and did a better job of halting it than Valtrex, then we would just take Pritelivir by itself with no more need for Valtrex. But that's not the case. Since the approaches of halting replication are different, a "cocktail" of the two drugs is certain to be more effective than taking just one or the other.  More on how Valtrex and Pritelivir work here: https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/06/12/herpes-vaccines-dont-work-what-about-drugs-pritelivir-page-aids-playbook-13074

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.