World's Largest Herpes Support Group
moialbalushi

'Right-to-try' bill passes Congress

moialbalushi

Taintedgirl
Posted (edited)

It has nothing to do with herpes. I think someone told you this the first time you posted about it. 

• Proponents say the bill opens a door for terminally ill people to seek experimental treatments
Edited by Taintedgirl

moialbalushi
37 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

It has nothing to do with herpes. I think someone told you this the first time you posted about it. 

• Proponents say the bill opens a door for terminally ill people to seek experimental treatments

Me ?? I just knew about it. Arent herpes suferrers terminally ill ? 

Taintedgirl
3 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

Me ?? I just knew about it. Arent herpes suferrers terminally ill ? 

No we’re not. Terminally ill refers to people who are dying with no chance of being cured like cancer patients.

moialbalushi
42 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

No we’re not. Terminally ill refers to people who are dying with no chance of being cured like cancer patients.

Ah ok mic... ;) 

Dying2Live

I can't claim to have read the bill so I won't comment on whether it will actually be effective in making treatments available to terminally ill patients. That said, HSV can certainly be life-threatening in infants and immunocompromised patients, etc., and the current AV drugs are not always effective and in some cases are highly toxic. Those are situations where we might indirectly benefit as new HSV treatments are evaluated in cases of drug-resistant and/or systemic/brain infection. Current "experimental" treatments in these cases might include for example Monoclonal antibodies, Pritelivir, and ultimately I would expect CRISPR. This has the potential to help accelerate newer treatments to the rest of us who suffer from HSV disease by providing patient data that *may* accelerate FDA approval or change the dynamics of the currently extremely cumbersome, costly, and time-consuming FDA approval processes.

Taintedgirl

Everyone please read the bill. Let’s not derail things and claim it benefits us when it doesn’t. It will NOT accelerate FDA treatments for us this is strictly for terminally ill patients. I think reading articles before we comment is something we should do often because some people will take whatever is said and run with it. False hope is a stressor. 

moialbalushi
6 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

Everyone please read the bill. Let’s not derail things and claim it benefits us when it doesn’t. It will NOT accelerate FDA treatments for us this is strictly for terminally ill patients. I think reading articles before we comment is something we should do often because some people will take whatever is said and run with it. False hope is a stressor. 

Its not about approval. Its about the idea that it is getting easier. This is just the begginning you dont know it might be easier to get access for herpes candidates later. That’s the thing also

Atrapasueños

No creo que se apruebe para el herpes pero tampoco podemos decir que "NO" todo puede suceder desde el 2009 dijeron que en 10 años habrá una cura para el vhs falta un año y no ha llegado esa ansiada cura

Pero tampoco estamos en 2009

I do not think it will be approved for herpes but we can not say that "NO" everything can happen since 2009 they said that in 10 years there will be a cure for the vhs missing a year and that long-awaited cure has not arrived

But we are not in 2009 either

LeftCoast

Give me some better drugs. 

I am on suppression therapy with Valtrex. I still get outbreaks and I can still feel the virus swirling around my body (especially in my back, wtf). Fast track or give me access to the Pritelivir because Valtrex is hardly helping with the symptoms and does not offer any damn reassurance with viral shedding and transmitting. 

50% reduction? What is that shit? 

Taintedgirl
7 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

Its not about approval. Its about the idea that it is getting easier. This is just the begginning you dont know it might be easier to get access for herpes candidates later. That’s the thing also

Stop being intentionally misleading. You posted this article without even knowing what a terminal illness was and now you’re making assumptions about the future. I get that there’s all this hope but you’re misleading people into thinking something will happen when that’s not the case. Speculation over an article is not okay as I’ve alre said you’re giving people false hope and that’s not good. The FDA never agreed to fast track herpes treatments because of terminally ill patients and until they announce it it’s best to assume they won’t. The biggest proton this site is people always correlate success for another disease to herpes and well that’s just not true cancer and herpes are worlds apart. 

moialbalushi
6 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

Stop being intentionally misleading. You posted this article without even knowing what a terminal illness was and now you’re making assumptions about the future. I get that there’s all this hope but you’re misleading people into thinking something will happen when that’s not the case. Speculation over an article is not okay as I’ve alre said you’re giving people false hope and that’s not good. The FDA never agreed to fast track herpes treatments because of terminally ill patients and until they announce it it’s best to assume they won’t. The biggest proton this site is people always correlate success for another disease to herpes and well that’s just not true cancer and herpes are worlds apart. 

No mic.... . Im not being misleading. I didnt know what terminally ill meant at the begginning. But then I actually thought about it and it appeared that the article DOES mean something for herpes sufferers since it is a first step. And yes, this might help us to go and take a step forward and request for it to be applied for herpes for example. So how the fuck this is not related to herpes ? You cant relate ? . Now it is your turn to stop being obsessed to proof that you are right and everyone is wrong. You are really making people here stressed with your negative attitude “man” !! 

moialbalushi
16 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

Success for other diseases can be related to herpes research in many ways btw. Im certain that you are the wrong one here and you are the one that needs to open”his” eyes. Really

Taintedgirl
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, moialbalushi said:

Success for other diseases can be related to herpes research in many ways btw. Im certain that you are the wrong one here and you are the one that needs to open”his” eyes. Really

You are misleading people by giving them false hope. Your articles are always mis.eading I remember you posted about Florida monkeys with herpes and said maybe now they’ll take it seriously even though monkeys have nothing to do with human herpes. You are not very good at understanding articles I suggest you read them before posting because a lot of people are like you here they take whatever and run with it. Post relevant articles. 

Edited by Taintedgirl

Taintedgirl
7 hours ago, LeftCoast said:

Give me some better drugs. 

I am on suppression therapy with Valtrex. I still get outbreaks and I can still feel the virus swirling around my body (especially in my back, wtf). Fast track or give me access to the Pritelivir because Valtrex is hardly helping with the symptoms and does not offer any damn reassurance with viral shedding and transmitting. 

50% reduction? What is that shit? 

Better drugs are coming but not on the back of this ruling unfortunately. Besides valtrex are you on any immune boosters?

moialbalushi
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taintedgirl said:

You are misleading people by giving them false hope. Your articles are always mis.eading I remember you posted about Florida monkeys with herpes and said maybe now they’ll take it seriously even though monkeys have nothing to do with human herpes. You are not very good at understanding articles I suggest you read them before posting because a lot of people are like you here they take whatever and run with it. Post relevant articles. 

Loooooooooooool. I dont remember I mentioned anything about monkeys. I dont know about this at all. I added this thread with asking “ what do u think guys ? “ for a reason. Because I also wanted to know about it more. So stop accusing me that I INTENTIONALLY mislead people. Can you ?? 

And yes Im going to post more of these as long as Im convinced that they are somehow related to herpes research and drug development.  

Be sure before you accuse. 

Edited by moialbalushi

Taintedgirl
10 minutes ago, moialbalushi said:

Loooooooooooool. I dont remember I mentioned anything about monkeys. I dont know about this at all. I added this thread with asking “ what do u think guys ? “ for a reason. Because I also wanted to know about it more. So stop accusing me that I INTENTIONALLY mislead people. Can you ?? 

And yes Im going to post more of these as long as Im convinced that they are somehow related to herpes research and drug development.  

Be sure before you accuse. 

You’re not the monkey guy I apologize you just type like him. English isn’t your first language right? The bill is not related to research or drug development. A lot is happening with research and vaccines who knows 9f it’ll work but this bill will not affect any of it in any way. It’s primarily for dying cancer patients. 

moialbalushi
24 minutes ago, Taintedgirl said:

You’re not the monkey guy I apologize you just type like him. English isn’t your first language right? The bill is not related to research or drug development. A lot is happening with research and vaccines who knows 9f it’ll work but this bill will not affect any of it in any way. It’s primarily for dying cancer patients. 

No , English is not. Thank you for explaining. 

LeftCoast
6 hours ago, Taintedgirl said:

Better drugs are coming but not on the back of this ruling unfortunately. Besides valtrex are you on any immune boosters?

I take about 2000mg a day of lysine as well. I've only had my diagnosis since February so the virus is kind of causing havoc.

Taintedgirl
59 minutes ago, LeftCoast said:

I take about 2000mg a day of lysine as well. I've only had my diagnosis since February so the virus is kind of causing havoc.

Try some superlysine from amazon by a company called quantum I’m getting my package this weekend but I hear only good things from it. It has lysine, echinacea, propolis and a bunch of other stuff. 

Jimmyjimmyhuapua
22 hours ago, Taintedgirl said:

You know babies can die so herpes is also a serious condition dont look at it just as genital. It can cause worse health issues there are many deaths of babies and teens

cowpoke02

government controls medicine you wont get any good medicine . they block research and medicine .. worse time to be alive . lucky we have the things we do . they go to other countries to do it .  research of poor people then bring it back here.  obama passed a bill it let doctors experiment on you no consent . haha, think they got rid of it i hope . doctors any way find a good one that cares .   population control ay way .. to many people.  see it can be bad .  old days they dip babies in silver product and something else . for the eyes ..   read the bills you have a  heart attack from corruption and money laundering . lol.  

WilsoInAus
59 minutes ago, Jimmyjimmyhuapua said:

You know babies can die so herpes is also a serious condition dont look at it just as genital. It can cause worse health issues there are many deaths of babies and teens

Many? Where is your evidence of this?

Either way, it is simply a sensationalist argument. More children die in car crashes every year yet you don't seem to mention any of that. What's the answer? Stop driving and ban cars? Of course not. You work toward zero. Better and safer cars, more automatic driving, higher quality dual carriage roads.

All deaths are sad, and a sad reality. Yet all that can be done is work toward zero.

Taintedgirl
1 hour ago, Jimmyjimmyhuapua said:

Agreed but terminal illness is not herpes. 

Jimmyjimmyhuapua
44 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Many? Where is your evidence of this?

Either way, it is simply a sensationalist argument. More children die in car crashes every year yet you don't seem to mention any of that. What's the answer? Stop driving and ban cars? Of course not. You work toward zero. Better and safer cars, more automatic driving, higher quality dual carriage roads.

All deaths are sad, and a sad reality. Yet all that can be done is work toward zero.

Wilson if you want to see evidence okay will put here news links these are on news but there are also lots of cases in developing countries or poor countries without news ! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6183740/toddler-angry-rash-herpes-dad/

https://www.unilad.co.uk/health/18-day-old-baby-dies-from-herpes-after-just-one-kiss/

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/parenting/baby/72588255/Kiss-almost-killed-my-baby-Mums-warning-after-newborn-catches-herpes-simplex-virus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-ultra-orthodox-jewish-babies-keep-getting-herpes

https://www.newidea.com.au/10-year-old-aussie-girl-dies-of-herpes  there are more but google it with your hands you have braind and hands so you can research.

Lets come to your next example about car. If you dont take care of your car possibility of having accident is high.. First of all its not a good example we are talking about a disease here and you are giving example from daily routine life. Everyone can die in any condition even while you are walking on street or while you are having sex. But for your example i will explain it in that way. Yes you have a car its a bad car but you drive it everyday. If you dont take it to service regularly and if you dont fix when there is something wrong, possibilty of having accident will be so high. Lets say that you didnt take it to service and car's brake system became terrible of course you may not stop the car while you drive and can die. But you have a chance to change it because it is available at car service. In our example we have no shit to change disease is there a cure ? a drug to stop infection no. 

I wont argue this with you because your ideas are so positive about herpes but if there would be a cure you would be the first here to get it im sure.