So i thought i had genital herpes and i still might, my doctor said i did but my blood test came back negative. i had all the symptoms and have been taking the medicine and feel much better. but now idk what to do. so i’m not going to know my results for a little while because of the swab and the person i’m alsmot positive gave it to me is my boyfriend of 3 months. there’s no way i could’ve got it anyway else on my genatils. but i don’t know what can cause what meaning can i have oral sex with him? i wouldn’t let me to me but i would to him and i’m confused if i should or not
If you have flu/cold (i.e. fever, coughing, sore throat) and you have an Igg test, is there a possibility of a false positive? I.e. can antibodies reacting to the flu affect the outcome of the Igg test (cross-reactivity?).
If you do have to wait between having the flu and taking the test, how long should you wait for? Thanks
https://imgur.com/a/Wj2dETS Hi all, about 2 days ago I started to feel intense pain on my labia majora, looked down and saw 2 rather large open sores( 1 on either side). The pus (normal looking yellow) from the sores have stopped this morning. A day later, there was a blister that formed in my pubic area. In addition to this, there is skin shedding whenever I wipe after a pee ( it doesn't hurt when I urinate, I don't have a fever).
My only sexual activity has been with a virgin and it was oral (started April 27th and ended June 8th). I've never seen a cold sore on this guy's mouth so I am unsure of what it could be. I'm on holiday for the next 2 days in a humid tropical country (indonesia, where the hygeine levels are appalling) so I don't know if the climate (dust, shower water) could have irritated the skin, as I've been here for 2.5 weeks already.
I have been sweating excessively and I forget to immediately take off my sweaty clothes after a day out. Could that be the cause? Somebody please help this is urgent.
Hi there. I just got my hands on my test results, but I have 5 different papers and they all say something different (I'm guessing for different test types?) but I'm confused by what I should go by. I'll attach the different pictures in the replies.
Okay I will provide a brief back ground then would just like opinions or advice. I had been extremely ill with a bad head cold for about 3 weeks that antibiotics were not helping. Even now 5 weeks later I still wake up with mild throat pain. I started feeling burning in my vagina and automatically assumed this was a yeast infection as I have been with my daughters father for 9 years now and have had 0 other partners during this time. About 4 days after the original vaginal symptoms I noticed small white ulcers inside my Labia (looked exactly like a canker sore but on my vagina). I immediately went to gyno who told me that it was herpes and started me on valtrex. I had taken a fluconazole 2 days prior as I had assumed yeast infection. The next day my symptoms were gone and the Ulcers were practically healed as well. I don’t know if I can attribute this to fluconazole or valtrex. I had cultures done which were both negative, and igm which was negative both 1 and 2. Then an igg negative type 1 and positive type 2 at a 1.11. I was devastated to get a result 0.01 over being equivocal or negative. Also of note my partner got tested and he was negative for everything and has never had symptoms. So I believed I must have got this over 10 years ago when I was in high school and carried it this whole time and even had it when I had my daughter. I decided to go to my previous gyno (went to a new doctor first time as I had just moved). He ordered another hsv2 igg. And this one was NEGATIVE at a 0.84. I am conflicted as to what I should do. I did not think my “outbreak” looked like herpes personally, but I had an expert telling me it did. I was just so extremely sick. The second test was only 3 weeks after the first. This has been extremely emotionally exhausting for me. Especially as a mother because my mind was spinning thinking I could have hurt my child at birth or given it to her in her short life so far. My partner doesn’t think I need more testing and I am leaning toward just waiting till my next pregnancy and doing another blood test then. Is that crazy? Thanks