World's Largest Herpes Support Group
thatjusthappened

Just angry...help

thatjusthappened

I was diagnosed with HSV2 in July of 2017...almost been a year and I swear I can't take it. I have had about 5 outbreaks in that time and all of them except for the one that angered me this weekend have been in the same location. I have some questions...I am an uncircumcised male and all the outbreaks have been in the same spot on my foreskin, I have immediately used valtrex (acyclovirand it seems to minimize the impact of the OB but I cant keep doing this. It seems i go a few weeks clean then another pops up. I eat pretty well and exercise, i left my job last Sept and have been unemployed for the past 8 months but it was for good reason. I was so stressed that I had to leave and I have been traveling the world and enjoying life since...now actively looking for work again because well I am running out of money and need insurance lol. Sorry for rambling...but my main questions are, since I am uncircumcised and all my outbreaks have happened on my large foreskin, can i just get circumcised and that would rid me of herpes? God i hope so, i will go this week if i can. The recent OB I am currently experiencing is massive, never had one like this before...I haven't done anything major the past week to warrant it other than go in the ocean, at a few more pizza slices then normal....any suggestions? I have been a bit stressed looking for work again but not major. I stay pretty healthy and even in terms of mental health but this OB has about 6 little blisters and it is now on a brand new spot on my foreskin...so that is worrying me. Again, I have only had the diagnosis for a little under a year. I just want some advice and help. I'm very close to putting wart remover or honestly the thought of burning them came to mind...i hate it that much. Someone please talk me off the ledge or just give me some advice or a remedy that could help me :( does it get better??? Thank you in advance, hope everyone has a great weekend. Any over the internet medicine I can grab?

Taintedgirl

Circumcising will not rid you of it unfortunately. A few people on here have had success with topical applications such as oil of oregano and lemon balm perhaps you can try those? 

thatjusthappened

I've tried almost everything...have heard of oil of oregano but havent tried it yet. I'll give it a go but I've just lost hope on anything helping...just wondering if my symptoms are normal. 5 or 6 times in 9-10 months since I've been diagnosed? 

Feeling Normal Again
Posted (edited)

I was having horrible reoccurring OBs. I tried everything: oil of oregeno, tea tree oil, acv, colloidal silver, coconut oil, etc...

I finally found something that actually works, Neem capsules and Neem oil. Surprised at how very affordable they were, I started off taking Organic India neem capsules twice a day. And rubbing daily NOW brand neem oil, anywhere I'd ever even had an itch, tingle, or sore.

Almost immediate results, within a day or two, no pain or itching. Between 1-2 months, I cut back to taking neem one week on, two weeks off, and only rubbing on the neem oil once a week before bed. 

Outbreak free for almost 2 years now. If I ever even feel the slightest itch or tingle, I apply neem oil for a couple of days, and the blisters never even surface!!

Edited by Feeling Normal Again
Reworded