World's Largest Herpes Support Group
LetItGo

I think I gave “it” to him

LetItGo

I have been living with Genital Herpes for over a year. I know when it’s about to come ruin my week by the tingles and itches and I know when to take my antivirals. 

I have been dating and sleeping with one man since October. He knows I have herpes and our sex life has been wonderful and ALWAYS safe. Condoms and occasionally I take my antivirals when I feel an outbreak coming. No sex during outbreaks.

Today he found a strange cut on his penis. It’s circualr. He questioned if it looked similar to mine but it’s hard to tell.  Only one. He felt zero symptoms. Nothing. No pain urinating or itching. Like I said, nothing. He’s getting tested soon but I wanted to come here for some quick advice!!

I’m looking for anyone who knows about a males first out break or any at all.. what are the symptoms? Compared to a female? Could I have given him this life changing STD? Please help soothe my mind. All opinions welcome.

Edited by LetItGo

WilsoInAus

It sounds like this cut is well within the condom covered area? As such this is extremely unlikely to be related to an initial infection with HSV-2. Has he tested previously?

Quest

Let it Go. Easier said than done. No pain? No anything? Let it go like your name says. 

LetItGo
20 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

It sounds like this cut is well within the condom covered area? As such this is extremely unlikely to be related to an initial infection with HSV-2. Has he tested previously?

Yes it is not near his pubic area. It is exactly where a condom would fully cover. He has been tested before we started dating, all negative. The reason I raised such concern is online I do read men usually have no symptoms, where i had fever, burning, itching, etc. but I came here because I feel it’s far more trustworthy information because we are the people living with it. I appreciate your opinion on this. 

Edited by LetItGo

LetItGo
5 minutes ago, Quest said:

Let it Go. Easier said than done. No pain? No anything? Let it go like your name says. 

Very true! But Just needed some advice! I wasn’t too sure if there’s any difference between a male vs females initial outbreaks, a lot of online sources say men have very little symptoms. I came here as I always do because I can always educate myself more from the people who are living with it. Thanks! 

WilsoInAus
15 minutes ago, LetItGo said:

Yes it is not near his pubic area. It is exactly where a condom would fully cover. He has been tested before we started dating, all negative. The reason I raised such concern is online I do read men usually have no symptoms, where i had fever, burning, itching, etc. but I came here because I feel it’s far more trustworthy information because we are the people living with it. I appreciate your opinion on this. 

This reduces the chances significantly that it is related to herpes.

I think we men experience not dissimilar outbreaks in nature but no doubting the female anatomy is much more sensitive in which herpes lesions can wreak more havoc and heal slower. Without the lesions, the chance of other 'imperfections' indicating herpes is pretty low indeed.

Reality is that we get some assorted issues on the penis, pimples, fordyce spots, rashes from a day's experience in jocks, funny red bumps that come and go in hours etc.  

Quest

There are so many areas in the forum and posts get lost fast. Look up the many things that can appear on the penis that is nothing to be concerned about and ease your mind. 

2kroc

No, if you've been consistently using a condom then his penis couldnt have been exposed to herpes.

Also I recommend he guys use coconut oil or divine 9 lubricant as full body lube because they have anti viral properties in them.

LetItGo
On 11/4/2018 at 11:09 PM, Divon said:

Actually those kinds of cuts are what I get.

He actually ended up testing positive for HSV 1. 

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, LetItGo said:

He actually ended up testing positive for HSV 1. 

As in he always had it from childhood?

LetItGo
Just now, WilsoInAus said:

As in he always had it from childhood?

Actually no he had tested negative 3 months before we had got together. During those 3 months he received oral from 3 different girls. We think it came from one of them? I have been tested frequently w my doctor and blood work since and only positive for HSV 2 not 1. 

WilsoInAus

I think it’s more likely his negative test either wasn’t IgG or a false negative.

A primary infection genitally with HSV-1 does not go unnoticed. Oh la la, unmistakable sores within days of infection.

LetItGo
9 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

I think it’s more likely his negative test either wasn’t IgG or a false negative.

A primary infection genitally with HSV-1 does not go unnoticed. Oh la la, unmistakable sores within days of infection.

How common are false negatives?! I feel like I see a lot of that 

Edited by LetItGo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tayyy
      By Tayyy
      Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 
    • davidis
      By davidis
      Hey friends,

Haven't posted in a while - but I wanted to write a quick post, I had my kinda-5-year-herpes anniversary (got it on my birthday  which makes it easier to remember) - and I'm happy to say that since then I've been in 4 relationships with non-herpes people (with a few short ones in between) and it has only gotten easier for me to disclose each time.

When I was first diagnosed I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I would have to disclose to everyone I meet some horrible secret, because after the initial shock it didn't feel horrible at all... it just felt like a harmless thing I had to live with.

So then I decided that that's how I was going to live my life - I tell people who I'm dating about it as soon as I can tell it's going well. Sometimes the night I meet them. And in five years I have not met a single person who has turned me away because of it.

I truly, truly believe it's the only way to live with herpes - the more we keep it a secret, the more people will think it's something to be afraid of - which it's not. When I was first diagnosed, I met someone at the Toronto herpes meetup who sat down with me and told me that it wasn't a big deal - and that generally speaking, people don't care. Five years later and it's some of the best advice I've been given.

I know there are exceptions, and I know from what people here have told me that it can be incredibly difficult to disclose, but I really hope that doesn't stop anyone here from trying.

This is just my experience - but if one person reads this and feels hope, then I'll be happy.

You're all beautiful snowflakes

- David.
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
    • TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
    • YellowFish
      By YellowFish
      I was just recently diagnosed with HSV1 but the outbreak is on my vagina and I do not have any cold sores on my mouth.  I thought it was ok to kiss the man I've been dating and give him oral since I don't have any sores on my mouth.  But now both he and I are panicking that I may have passed it to him unknowingly.  What exactly is the risk?  What should I do?  What should he do?  I just started taking the medication today and we were kissing last night.  I feel so stupid for not knowing it could still present a risk.  
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • MikeHerp
      Hmm, ok , So  there's a copper ribbon.  I didn't know that. Wonder whether people are aware of that.  
    • MikeHerp
      The prophylactic vaccine trial by GSK took 8 years and they were still not done with it.  That's because it takes time to see whether it works--it's a matter of many people having sex over time and that just takes a lot of time.   A shedding study is quicker, so therapeutic vaccines are quicker to test.  5-6 years I think.  Note that there was a study conducted last year that showed that there's a high correlation between shedding and outbreaks, suggesting that it might not even be necessary to track outbreaks, measuring shedding may be enough. It's unclear what they would be proving in case of a gene editing technique.  I think shedding would be a part of it.  But what else, if anything, I don't know. Anyway, it doesn't necessarily have to take a long time like the GSK prophylactic trials.  
    • Miss Horne
      Role play? Dressing up in the bedroom?
    • Voyager2
      I certainly hope this research continues. It all seems legit to me, but again, I'm no medical man (although I did play doctor a few times).   
    • here-to-help
      This is good information to know. To go from continuous outbreaks to none all this time is encouraging. I wonder if after you've given it some time and this regimen proves itself, maybe you could title it, and type it for everyone to read. The more suggestions, the better! You mentioned you've suffered with Herpes I outbreaks. I have suffered with the type II, and I recently read that Lysine doesn't help with the type II. I don't know about that, because it really has helped me in years past. Anyway, by mentioning in your article that you have type I will help, because apparently something might work for type I that won't work for type II. I myself will get these products and add them to my daily garlic regimen, and perhaps I will be able to eat whatever I choose without triggering an outbreak. That's my big problem, wanting to eat the foods that trigger the outbreak!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.