World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley738

Confused with doctors

Ashley738

So I have a major concern. 

For the last 6 months I’ve been dealing with an irritated vagina. This is the reason that caused me to go get tested. Besides that I had a situation with my lips back in January that hah topped off my concern about herpes. When I went to the doc I had 4 different docstell me that because of the winter weather that my mouth just looked as if it was dry or had windburn. So I took it as that. But with the lip thing happening and then I felt like a had a flu I and the er could t find anything with my throat being sore and etc I felt something was wrong. I’ve been told my irritation down below is Bv and yeast which is common when you have the Mirena. However, I went to a local place in April to get tested. Family owned business and the rest was about 50 buck that showed I tested positive. My primary doc which is the 4th doc I’ve been to still doesn’t think it’s herpes and told me not to worry but with my range being super high and those symptoms ,  wouldn’t you guys think it’s herpes as well. I haven’t had any issues since then besides my irritation and I wanna get retested again because I’ve started dating again an I would hate to pass this to someone not knowing.  What should I do ? 

Lk2404

Doctors are a huge reason why HSV is being spread carelessly. My story is I was symptom AND blood work negative of HSV 1 and 2 for 30 years. The asymptomatic man who gave it to me was POSITIVE for HSV1 via IgG test and without his knowledge had sex with me. (he was tested after my outbreak). I now have genital herpes for the rest of my life. He destroyed me. If you are positive via IgG blood work you can infect someone and I’m living proof. Don’t be that person. 

Ashley738
9 hours ago, Lk2404 said:

Doctors are a huge reason why HSV is being spread carelessly. My story is I was symptom AND blood work negative of HSV 1 and 2 for 30 years. The asymptomatic man who gave it to me was POSITIVE for HSV1 via IgG test and without his knowledge had sex with me. (he was tested after my outbreak). I now have genital herpes for the rest of my life. He destroyed me. If you are positive via IgG blood work you can infect someone and I’m living proof. Don’t be that person. 

Did u guys do oral to. Because now I have another question

Lk2404
10 hours ago, Ashley738 said:

Did u guys do oral to. Because now I have another question

No he did not go down on me. Thankfully he didn’t because then we wouldn’t have been able to know if he had genital or oral hsv

Ashley738

Hmmm? It makes me question becuse I hear that it’s very rare to pass Hsv1 genital to genital. I guess you just never know with this tho. My case still shocks me. I was with my sons dad 3 years. Never had an issue. My new partner I was with I was with for about a month before but didn’t have any symptoms until I decided I wanted to make things work out with my child’s dad and we made up and boomthe next day I was having vaginal irritation. My other partner never went down on me and he swears up and down he’s clean and he wouldn’t do that to me ever.  Around that time I had also smoked with my cousin who then told me she had hsv 1. Orally and it bugs me because I believe it can spread that way as well and it’s funny I caught it after she came back around and we shared a smoke. So I will never really know where I got it from. And even with the doctors telling me I’m fine I’m still taking precautions 

Lk2404
2 hours ago, Ashley738 said:

Hmmm? It makes me question becuse I hear that it’s very rare to pass Hsv1 genital to genital. I guess you just never know with this tho. My case still shocks me. I was with my sons dad 3 years. Never had an issue. My new partner I was with I was with for about a month before but didn’t have any symptoms until I decided I wanted to make things work out with my child’s dad and we made up and boomthe next day I was having vaginal irritation. My other partner never went down on me and he swears up and down he’s clean and he wouldn’t do that to me ever.  Around that time I had also smoked with my cousin who then told me she had hsv 1. Orally and it bugs me because I believe it can spread that way as well and it’s funny I caught it after she came back around and we shared a smoke. So I will never really know where I got it from. And even with the doctors telling me I’m fine I’m still taking precautions 

Sorry to hear. I wasn’t one of those people who didn’t know who passed it to me. I was tested regularly. 100% you can pass HSV1 genital to genital. This virus does not discriminate. I would not give oral if you aren’t sure, or let your partner know that you have cold sores and it’s a risk if you do. That’s what I would do. 

WannaCry

When you say your results were super high, can you tell us your result numbers? We have had many people recently who have been being tested with inappropriate methods being told they are positive. (Crude antibody tests, IGM tests, combined tests = all of these are NOT correct methods to diagnose HSV infection of type 1 or 2) Please let us know the test type and your result numbers. @Ashley738

Ashley738

my results were IGG 27.4 for HSV1

and I cannot remember if it was a combined test not. I’d have to glance at then whenever I’m back home

WilsoInAus
11 minutes ago, Ashley738 said:

my results were IGG 27.4 for HSV1

and I cannot remember if it was a combined test not. I’d have to glance at then whenever I’m back home

That helps a lot. There is the high likelihood that you have had an oral HSV-1 infection since childhood, even from before living memory. 

This does mean that you’re quite immune from a genital infection of HSV-1.

This would leave a HSV-2 infection as the the key herpes possibility. I would point out that most vaginal irritation of the nature you describe is not due to herpes and most people with genital herpes do not experience the irritation of the nature you describe.

I’d look to have a 16 week test post the last encounter with the previous partner for final confirmation.

Nowornever2017
Posted (edited)

I to have had nothing but an irritated cooch. Its been almost a yr. along with my pissed off kitty my throat has also been sore. 

Edited by Nowornever2017