World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Josephine W

Excited For Support

Josephine W

Hello world!

I was diagnosed with genital HSV 1 back in January and have been struggling to come to terms. While I find myself grateful for how it is making me choose a healther lifestyle, I am equally as frustrated at the consistent, but small, outbreaks I’ve been having the last couple months. Right now my biggest battle is understanding what is triggering it. Any insight into this would be so greatly appreciated!

Feeling Normal Again
Posted (edited)

Welcome to group! :)

I know everyone talks about trigger foods, but everything I've been researching is leading me to believe frequency and severity of outbreaks is the virus, not the individual. It's the speed of which the virus travels. If the virus is so fast it evades our T cells, more frequent outbreaks. I read a couple of research articles on nih.gov. They didn't make me feel any better, but they made sense, lol.

I've controlled my symptoms and outbreaks for two years boosting my immune system, neem, and  graviola tea. And aside from eating as much organic, gmo free, and unprocessed foods as I can, I eat what I want, including daily coffee, even espresso shots, wine after dinner, grains, chocolate, very spicy foods,etc. 

Boost immune system with things like vitamin c, zinc, dandilion root, echinacea. 

Find a treatment that works for you to suppress virus, eat healthy, and exercise.

Having a strong immune system, keeping virus dormant, and healthy lifestyle is the best advice I can give. ;)

Edited by Feeling Normal Again
Added word

Josephine W

Thank you so much! I feel such a wave a relief every time I read about someone who has found a way to control outbreaks and still get to eat the things all the websites say are scary. I will look into all of those! Thanks again!

Feeling Normal Again
Posted (edited)

No problem. I'm a foodie and a coffee addict, giving up spicy foods, chocolates, grains, or coffee was not going to happen. I eat meat, but I've gone back and forth between eating meat and being vegetarian. 

Went to culinary school before I switched to sciences. Lol, The course they gave on foodbourne illnesses influenced my love of microbiology!! Dropped out of culinary school after first year and started taking every science and medical science course I could find, ;)

I wanted to find a way to not sacrifice the things I love. I think I succeeded for me!

Edited by Feeling Normal Again
Punctuation