World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Anonqwerty

Is this sores??? GRAPHIC

Anonqwerty

So I was diagnosed with HSV1, which I assumed was oral because I had a yeast and BV but no signs of sores and mouth was very itchy, tingly, etc. 

but there is a possiblity I have candida overgrowth in my body my immune system has been compromised for a few years now.. hair loss, low energy, etc.

but then these appear... 

theyre painful but not unbearable more annoying... one looks like a puss filled bump and the other is red and white irritation no bump 

IMG_7367.PNG

IMG_7366.JPG

Anonqwerty

More info:

this isn't the first time this has happened in a month..

tested negative for everything else

i do have IBS, mucus in stool.. 

working on a doc appointment no insurance 

Josephine W

I’m no expert here AT ALL, but I remember asking my doctor a similar question. I don’t know about the irritation but I remember having a puss filled bump (it was slightly painful) and wrote my doctor. She said that the herpes lesion can present itself in different ways so it’s not always easy to tell,  but they are not typically a raised bump like I described (which was as a large pimple). She said most often they are very small and look like a blister that then breaks open, and the other more common presentation is like a very small slit or cut in the skin. 

I honestly think I just had a pimple..popped it a couple days later.

Hope that helps a little!

Anonqwerty
2 hours ago, Josephine W said:

I’m no expert here AT ALL, but I remember asking my doctor a similar question. I don’t know about the irritation but I remember having a puss filled bump (it was slightly painful) and wrote my doctor. She said that the herpes lesion can present itself in different ways so it’s not always easy to tell,  but they are not typically a raised bump like I described (which was as a large pimple). She said most often they are very small and look like a blister that then breaks open, and the other more common presentation is like a very small slit or cut in the skin. 

I honestly think I just had a pimple..popped it a couple days later.

Hope that helps a little!

I have had papercut like lesions on my face before so I expect to see the same if I had GHSV1?

Josephine W

I’m not sure. In the realm of HSV1 I haven’t had any experience on my face, only south of the border. But from my experience with Genital HSV1 they always look like like paper cuts or just little slits in the skin. 

Wtfisthisplease
19 minutes ago, Josephine W said:

I’m not sure. In the realm of HSV1 I haven’t had any experience on my face, only south of the border. But from my experience with Genital HSV1 they always look like like paper cuts or just little slits in the skin. 

Do you get multiple slits/cuts? Did you ever get igg blood tested and it turn positive for hsv1? Or were you swabbed. Or both. Curious. How frequent are your outbreaks? Thanks

Josephine W

I have only ever had one at a time, usually in the same spot or very close by. I never got blood tested. With my very first OB they swabbed it and three days later reported it tested positive for HSV 1. I had that first outbreak for a couple weeks, then nothing for 4 months and now I’ve been struggling with frequent ones for almost two months. 1 little cut lasts for a few days, clears up, then another comes back almost a week later. Pretty frustrating, trying to find a supplement regimen that will work for me.

Anonqwerty
7 hours ago, Josephine W said:

How were you able to find them? 

My photo was the first time I was able to catch a picture.

Josephine W

The first time I ever felt something was during sex so I honestly thought I tore something. The next morning I got out a handheld mirror and went looking, and decided it must have just be a tear. It was super sensitive to the touch so whenever it got touched with toilet paper I could feel it. The next day I looked at it again and thought it looked more like a how a cold sore does than a tear, so out of panic I immediately went to the doctor. Usually I can feel a bit of pain or abnormality like tingling, but I also often feel around down there every morning in the shower just as a quick pain check.