Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
valleynovascotia

Is there any point in moving forward towards dating a girl?

Recommended Posts

valleynovascotia

Hey guys wanted your advice on something im talking too a girl on pof and we were talking about Banff and she mentioned it was the std capital. Then we talked about herpes and I mentioned that i heard it was around. She mentioned that it was scary to date with it being around. she mentioned some awful words  when i told her that some women just spread it and don't tell people, I havn't told her that I have it but do u think it's appropriate too throw in the towel on this one based on her views on herpes? From my experience most women on pof reject you for it I only ever met one girl on pof that didn't but it didn't work out in the end. What do you guys think about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
valleynovascotia
3 minutes ago, valleynovascotia said:

Hey guys wanted your advice on something im talking too a girl on pof and we were talking about Banff and she mentioned it was the std capital. Then we talked about herpes and I mentioned that i heard it was around. She mentioned that it was scary to date with it being around. she mentioned some awful words  when i told her that some women just spread it and don't tell people, I havn't told her that I have it but do u think it's appropriate too throw in the towel on this one based on her views on herpes? From my experience most women on pof reject you for it I only ever met one girl on pof that didn't but it didn't work out in the end. What do you guys think about this?

Sorry didn't mean too put this in cure research lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Constant Diplomat

Meet her first bro. Make your judgement then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
valleynovascotia
5 minutes ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Meet her first bro. Make your judgement then.

yeah i can tell though shes not open minded with herpes she said it was scary too date knowing that it's around. That seems like a give away towards being rejected,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hellohello111

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. The worst she can say is no and then you are right back where you are now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
valleynovascotia
52 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. The worst she can say is no and then you are right back where you are now. 

True but the only downfall i live in small community she doesnt live in my town but close enough and she may talk, thats the problem with telling people as i  don't want people to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hellohello111

True but if you own this, what can people say? People will be ignorant but who cares? I understand the embarrassment but F it. Live your life bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Constant Diplomat

I don't really think people reject people because of herpes, I think herpes allows them to reject you if they aren't that keen in the first place. I am certain all the women I've disclosed to ended up liking me more for having the courage to disclose. The trick is to do it in a positive manner, not an ashamed, alarmist, or apologetic one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
valleynovascotia
15 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

I don't really think people reject people because of herpes, I think herpes allows them to reject you if they aren't that keen in the first place. I am certain all the women I've disclosed to ended up liking me more for having the courage to disclose. The trick is to do it in a positive manner, not an ashamed, alarmist, or apologetic one.

Idk this one is has been pretty blunt on herpes and stds saying it's scary too date knowing it's around.

Edited by valleynovascotia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatGurl

It's not really something you should avoid or beat around the bush. If she already has a certain perception, meeting her is not going to change that. What I think you could do is just be honest, give her some good information, and let her decide. There are plenty of people out there and do you really want to be with someone who is so critical and judgemental? 

My experience has been 50/50 and the people who take it well are the ones who have it. (I have ghsv1) I've gotten to the point where I just don't gaf and let them run away in fear.  Don't need you in my life if you're gonna be like that cause it's not rainbows and sunshine every day. 

STDs are scary and real because MOST of them can cause bodily harm. Everyone should be able to have open and honest conversation about it before engaging in sexual activity. 

I can understand not wanting people to know, but you're not getting rid of it any time soon.  You can own it and live your life or hide it and live in fear.  It's very liberating being able to tell people, even if they run away. But I would suggest telling friends and family first because they are less likely to freak out and stop talking to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
valleynovascotia
1 hour ago, ThatGurl said:

It's not really something you should avoid or beat around the bush. If she already has a certain perception, meeting her is not going to change that. What I think you could do is just be honest, give her some good information, and let her decide. There are plenty of people out there and do you really want to be with someone who is so critical and judgemental? 

My experience has been 50/50 and the people who take it well are the ones who have it. (I have ghsv1) I've gotten to the point where I just don't gaf and let them run away in fear.  Don't need you in my life if you're gonna be like that cause it's not rainbows and sunshine every day. 

STDs are scary and real because MOST of them can cause bodily harm. Everyone should be able to have open and honest conversation about it before engaging in sexual activity. 

I can understand not wanting people to know, but you're not getting rid of it any time soon.  You can own it and live your life or hide it and live in fear.  It's very liberating being able to tell people, even if they run away. But I would suggest telling friends and family first because they are less likely to freak out and stop talking to you.

I think there''s no point in telling her best too just move on why tell her the only people you have too tell are the ones your planning on sleeping with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Constant Diplomat
On 6/25/2018 at 4:14 AM, valleynovascotia said:

Idk this one is has been pretty blunt on herpes and stds saying it's scary too date knowing it's around.

Ugh dude. ANYONE would say that. But when someone likes you, and they genuinely like you, they will look beyond that, because their emotions WANT them to. If they aren't that into you, they won't.

Focus on making connections with people, and consider herpes an afterthought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HenrySimplex

Don't tell her, go on some dates. If it comes up on the first couple dates, lie about it or feign ignorance. 

Or Ya, throw in the towel just give up! :)

No good deed in life goes unpunished. Most humans don't want to hear the truth anyway.

The truth hurts. The truth is what tells you your mom is full of cancer. The truth is that little voice everyone conceals when they interact with a friend whose partner is banging strangers on the side without him knowing. It's the razor sharp facts nobody wants to hear. Buildings would fall down, families would rip apart at the srams and nations would self detonate if the truth was truly known in this world. 

 

Fairly consistently I make the mistake of being too honest, too upfront and deliberate. But no good deed goes unpunished in this life, and when comes to taking to an ignorant yet hot piece of ass on the internet, you be the one to decide whether a little Hush hush might do you well at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,338
    • Total Posts
      466,617
  • Posts

    • TCBH
      You don't put it down there. you put it on your arm. 
    • luvurself16
      I got hsv from a police officer. Sickos out there.
    • Toro
      I am 44 and I have active herpes in both of my eyes.Only Amenalief helps.
    • Jayne
      I know this thread is a couple of years old, but it’s been helpful to me, and I wanted to contribute as well. Back to Berliner’s original post, I’ve tested negative on several IGGs, with the latest ones being 1 yr and now almost 2 years past exposure.  Figuring out what was going on was the worst nightmare I’ve ever been through in my life. I made the mistake of drinking heavily a week after my father died of cancer, and I had unprotected AS with an ex, who happened to be poly and had some occasional unprotected M2M encounters.   Three days later I had a red line rash along my (sorry to get explicit) crack. This was followed by a rectal burning. Tested negative for G&C and related tests.  Over the next couple of weeks I had severe swelling and discomfort in my lower right quadrant and was told to go to the ER, where (I guess as a standard practice) they did a cat scan, which revealed nothing.  Also not a bacterial infection.  However the repeated manual examinations that occurred at urgent care and the ER seemed to relieve the abdominal pressure over the next few days.  I then had diarrhea for the next several weeks after.  I developed what felt like internal hemorrhoids, which were exacerbated by the diarrhea, and a gastro doctor confirmed via digital exam that there was indeed some sort of mass that felt like possible hemorrhoids. He ordered a sigmoidoscopy, but by the time it was undertaken, whatever was there was gone. After the procedure though, I felt much better for a while, possibly due to digestive issues clearing up after the colon “cleanse.” But this was concurrent with other issues.   About 3 weeks after the encounter I developed a large rash on my left thigh. Shortly thereafter I started having light sensitivity issues, culminating in a fever-like state after being outside in the sun only for 15 minutes after work. At work around that time for a couple days I felt like I was going through life encased in a gauzy gel- similar to being on laughing gas at the dentist, but not in a good way. I didn’t know what the hell was happening to me. I developed a severe case of canker sores for about a day. Later during a sunny drive, after getting back in the car at a gas station I noticed a red blotch below my lip. I tried to shrug it off but it happened again on the trip back.  So by about a month after the encounter I was having more anxiety. I spent the night at a friend’s house and woke up with a massive, swollen red eye and swollen lips. I got eye drops for bacterial conjunctivitis but that was wishful thinking.  A couple of weeks later, my lips were covered in sores. I smothered them with abreva. By the next day, they had mostly gone away. I tried to do a swab test at urgent care (I believe it was the next day), but there was not enough there to make any sort of positive diagnosis. Since then, I’ve had what you could call repeated aborted lesions and red blotches that appear around my mouth, particularly after stress and alcohol consumption. But even having peanut butter or chocolate would set it off for a long time. Fair skin doesn’t help- there was no hiding it. Two months after the encounter, I had my first vaginal burning- it was pretty intense and I had to use ice cubes because I didn’t know what else to do.   The worse feeling though was the periodic flare-ups of rectal itching/burning, often accompanied by another red line rash. It made sitting uncomfortable for about the next two months. I couldn’t wear pants at work- only skirts seemed to make things somewhat less irritated. And for the first three months, I was still testing for HIV along with HSV because of the overlapping symptoms (rash, diarrhea, neural pain, severe flu like symptoms without fever). I lost a lot of weight and had panic attacks. On top of all this I had just moved to a new city and started a new job and didn’t have a support network. And the sad thing is, I had to deal with all of this instead of being able to grieve for my father and being a better source of support to my mother. She had to support me without understanding what was happening.   Another bad thing through all of this was having both my ex and my current partner treat me like I’m crazy. That makes me feel alone and in the dark. Another “hysterical woman.” F*** that.  And while I felt grateful that my current was at the time still ready to be with me even if I had hsv, it’s a little discomfiting that he still doesn’t really believe me. But I’ve learned to live with ambiguity. And now I’m used to doctors as well as partners acting like this is nonexistent. Especially with negative IGG tests even 2 years later, which have left me without any answers.  I’m lucky in a way to be able to blend in because I don’t get obvious sores, genitally or orally (I can cover up the blotches with concealer, and they fortunately have lessened in frequency). But I still get the rectal itching/burning every six months or so (anthistamines seem to alleviate it a bit). And as more of a concern, I’ve had a cramp in my lower right quadrant ever since, which feels like it’s in my digestive tract. Since this has pretty much spread everywhere else in my body, intestinal involvement wouldn’t surprise me, and it isn’t unheard of anyways. I’ve tried to move past this and have since gotten married to my partner, who is a source of support (even if he doesn’t believe I’m having health problems. I know that’s a contradiction but occasionally I want to believe that too.).  I’m also newly pregnant, and symptoms have started to flare up again somewhat. I’m sure this will be an adventure. Hopefully more good than crazy. I know I’m going to struggle with the fear of passing this along but I’m trying to reconcile what doctors say (which is that it is extremely rare) with my own intuition about what I need to be careful of. Maybe I’ll repost with an update down the road. In short, there are people out there who test negative and have to live with loved ones and doctors thinking that a negative test closes the book on this. Again, learning to live with ambiguity is a real life lesson that I’m still coming to grips with. This forum and specifically this post have been a source of comfort that I haven’t been able to find elsewhere. Thanks everyone for the support for the community.     
    • Rockster
      You deepthroat so good that you get all kinds of mouth-to-skin-of-base contact? Kudos to you, but that is extremely rare. 
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.