World's Largest Herpes Support Group
valleynovascotia

Is there any point in moving forward towards dating a girl?

valleynovascotia

Hey guys wanted your advice on something im talking too a girl on pof and we were talking about Banff and she mentioned it was the std capital. Then we talked about herpes and I mentioned that i heard it was around. She mentioned that it was scary to date with it being around. she mentioned some awful words  when i told her that some women just spread it and don't tell people, I havn't told her that I have it but do u think it's appropriate too throw in the towel on this one based on her views on herpes? From my experience most women on pof reject you for it I only ever met one girl on pof that didn't but it didn't work out in the end. What do you guys think about this?

valleynovascotia
3 minutes ago, valleynovascotia said:

Hey guys wanted your advice on something im talking too a girl on pof and we were talking about Banff and she mentioned it was the std capital. Then we talked about herpes and I mentioned that i heard it was around. She mentioned that it was scary to date with it being around. she mentioned some awful words  when i told her that some women just spread it and don't tell people, I havn't told her that I have it but do u think it's appropriate too throw in the towel on this one based on her views on herpes? From my experience most women on pof reject you for it I only ever met one girl on pof that didn't but it didn't work out in the end. What do you guys think about this?

Sorry didn't mean too put this in cure research lol

Constant Diplomat

Meet her first bro. Make your judgement then.

valleynovascotia
5 minutes ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Meet her first bro. Make your judgement then.

yeah i can tell though shes not open minded with herpes she said it was scary too date knowing that it's around. That seems like a give away towards being rejected,

hellohello111

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. The worst she can say is no and then you are right back where you are now. 

valleynovascotia
52 minutes ago, hellohello111 said:

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. The worst she can say is no and then you are right back where you are now. 

True but the only downfall i live in small community she doesnt live in my town but close enough and she may talk, thats the problem with telling people as i  don't want people to know.

hellohello111

True but if you own this, what can people say? People will be ignorant but who cares? I understand the embarrassment but F it. Live your life bro

Constant Diplomat

I don't really think people reject people because of herpes, I think herpes allows them to reject you if they aren't that keen in the first place. I am certain all the women I've disclosed to ended up liking me more for having the courage to disclose. The trick is to do it in a positive manner, not an ashamed, alarmist, or apologetic one.

valleynovascotia
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

I don't really think people reject people because of herpes, I think herpes allows them to reject you if they aren't that keen in the first place. I am certain all the women I've disclosed to ended up liking me more for having the courage to disclose. The trick is to do it in a positive manner, not an ashamed, alarmist, or apologetic one.

Idk this one is has been pretty blunt on herpes and stds saying it's scary too date knowing it's around.

Edited by valleynovascotia

ThatGurl

It's not really something you should avoid or beat around the bush. If she already has a certain perception, meeting her is not going to change that. What I think you could do is just be honest, give her some good information, and let her decide. There are plenty of people out there and do you really want to be with someone who is so critical and judgemental? 

My experience has been 50/50 and the people who take it well are the ones who have it. (I have ghsv1) I've gotten to the point where I just don't gaf and let them run away in fear.  Don't need you in my life if you're gonna be like that cause it's not rainbows and sunshine every day. 

STDs are scary and real because MOST of them can cause bodily harm. Everyone should be able to have open and honest conversation about it before engaging in sexual activity. 

I can understand not wanting people to know, but you're not getting rid of it any time soon.  You can own it and live your life or hide it and live in fear.  It's very liberating being able to tell people, even if they run away. But I would suggest telling friends and family first because they are less likely to freak out and stop talking to you.

valleynovascotia
1 hour ago, ThatGurl said:

It's not really something you should avoid or beat around the bush. If she already has a certain perception, meeting her is not going to change that. What I think you could do is just be honest, give her some good information, and let her decide. There are plenty of people out there and do you really want to be with someone who is so critical and judgemental? 

My experience has been 50/50 and the people who take it well are the ones who have it. (I have ghsv1) I've gotten to the point where I just don't gaf and let them run away in fear.  Don't need you in my life if you're gonna be like that cause it's not rainbows and sunshine every day. 

STDs are scary and real because MOST of them can cause bodily harm. Everyone should be able to have open and honest conversation about it before engaging in sexual activity. 

I can understand not wanting people to know, but you're not getting rid of it any time soon.  You can own it and live your life or hide it and live in fear.  It's very liberating being able to tell people, even if they run away. But I would suggest telling friends and family first because they are less likely to freak out and stop talking to you.

I think there''s no point in telling her best too just move on why tell her the only people you have too tell are the ones your planning on sleeping with.

Constant Diplomat
On 6/25/2018 at 4:14 AM, valleynovascotia said:

Idk this one is has been pretty blunt on herpes and stds saying it's scary too date knowing it's around.

Ugh dude. ANYONE would say that. But when someone likes you, and they genuinely like you, they will look beyond that, because their emotions WANT them to. If they aren't that into you, they won't.

Focus on making connections with people, and consider herpes an afterthought.

HenrySimplex

Don't tell her, go on some dates. If it comes up on the first couple dates, lie about it or feign ignorance. 

Or Ya, throw in the towel just give up! :)

No good deed in life goes unpunished. Most humans don't want to hear the truth anyway.

The truth hurts. The truth is what tells you your mom is full of cancer. The truth is that little voice everyone conceals when they interact with a friend whose partner is banging strangers on the side without him knowing. It's the razor sharp facts nobody wants to hear. Buildings would fall down, families would rip apart at the srams and nations would self detonate if the truth was truly known in this world. 

Fairly consistently I make the mistake of being too honest, too upfront and deliberate. But no good deed goes unpunished in this life, and when comes to taking to an ignorant yet hot piece of ass on the internet, you be the one to decide whether a little Hush hush might do you well at first.