Excision; new AV's or possible cure?

Visitorette

Hi,

I really hope exicion will crack the nut like any other next person with hsv

But whenever i look at their website i get mixed signals. 

Like on some parts of the website they say they want to cure viruses and somewhere else i read they want to develope medicines what gives the notion of pills like famvir etc. which makes me sad cause we don't need i think more kinds of drugs read: supressors. 

Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could enlighten me about this, i don't get it. I can 't be the only one who has noticed this.

1 hour ago, Visitorette said:

Hi,

Like on some parts of the website they say they want to cure viruses and somewhere else i read they want to develope medicines what gives the notion of pills like famvir etc. which makes me sad cause we don't need i think more kinds of drugs read: supressors. 

Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could enlighten me about this, i don't get it. I can 't be the only one who has noticed this.

They said excision is a suppressor too

37 minutes ago, Visitorette said:

Who's they? 

Like in general, it’s a “functional cure” like how the HIV medication is to make it undetectable, excision is just like that but I pray it’s a working gone for good cure Bc I can’t handle taking pills EVERYDAY that’s so much money 

4 hours ago, Visitorette said:

Hi,

Where does it say they want to develop medicines what gives the notion of pills like famvir etc.?

If functional means non-transmittable to others and myself that would be great but it would be a big bummer if it's like for example a better acyclovir pill, meanwhile not 100% safe like it's now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

Where does it say they want to develop medicines what gives the notion of pills like famvir etc.?

Like on the home page. But maybe i associate "medicines" too much with "pills."

The website says that it can go into the ganglion and suppress the viral replication cycle. I would like to ask if this vaccine is developed and will not recur after we have injected it.

1 hour ago, Visitorette said:

Like on the home page. But maybe i associate "medicines" too much with "pills."

The term "medicine" is probably being used loosely. The bottom line is that the approach will be via gene editing, not some daily pill. The formula that they will deliver to someone will be for the purpose of penetrating the neurons (where the virus lives), and editing the virus's genome, significantly disrupting (or completely stopping) it's ability to replicate. If you stop it from replicating, it can no longer cause disease and that's what we consider a functional cure. Excision Bio probably refers to that formula as a "medicine". It's likely the formula would be injected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

术语“药物”可能被松散地使用。底线是该方法将通过基因编辑,而不是一些日常药片。他们将提供给某人的公式将用于渗透神经元(病毒存在的地方)和编辑病毒的基因组,从而显着破坏(或完全停止)其复制能力。如果你停止复制,它不再会导致疾病,这就是我们认为的功能性治疗切除生物可能将该配方称为“药物”。公式可能会被注入。

Do you think that if R&D is successful, we need to inject once a year? Still only need to be injected once

2 hours ago, Heal World said:

The website says that it can go into the ganglion and suppress the viral replication cycle. I would like to ask if this vaccine is developed and will not recur after we have injected it.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Theoretically, crispr would remain in the cell doing it's thing. I don't know how long it would last. I simply don't know enough about the science to answer that question. Excision may not even know right now. All this is new and they are working out the details. That's what the animal studies are doing.

By the way, crispr is NOT a vaccine. Vaccines are simply a weakened/attenuated form of the virus that elicits an immune response without causing the actual disease. With the immune system now armed and ready, the person who comes in contact with the virus will be able to fight it off and not catch the disease. That's the concept.

2 hours ago, Cas9 said:

我不认为有人确切地知道。理论上,crispr会留在细胞中去做。我不知道会持续多久。我只是不太了解科学来回答这个问题。切除现在甚至可能不知道。所有这些都是新的,他们正在制定细节。这就是动物研究正在做的。

顺便说一句,CRISPR不是疫苗。疫苗只是病毒的弱化/减毒形式,引起免疫反应而不引起实际疾病。随着免疫系统的武装和准备,与病毒接触的人将能够抵抗并且不会感染这种疾病。这就是这个概念。

Thank you for your answer, very professional

7 hours ago, Visitorette said:

What is R&D?

Research and development

Just now, brookeb300 said:

Research and development

At a biotech company

20 hours ago, Savannah069 said:

Like in general, it’s a “functional cure” like how the HIV medication is to make it undetectable, excision is just like that but I pray it’s a working gone for good cure Bc I can’t handle taking pills EVERYDAY that’s so much money 

Hi Savannah

try intermittent fasting. 

I have (had) two outbreaks a months. Taking a week to heal each which means I was 50% with symptoms.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I got from a new girlfriend which has no symptoms or maybe very mild once a year. She did not know.

Anyway, I never took one single pill. I hoped over time my body would learn how to deal with it. 

The only think that works for me is intermittent fasting. Read about it. Basically I dont eat from 19:00 to 12:00 next day. 

Like this I manage to stay outbreak free. Have to go now. You can pm me if u need more info.

16 minutes ago, Rikymann said:

Hi Savannah

try intermittent fasting. 

I have (had) two outbreaks a months. Taking a week to heal each which means I was 50% with symptoms.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I got from a new girlfriend which has no symptoms or maybe very mild once a year. She did not know.

Anyway, I never took one single pill. I hoped over time my body would learn how to deal with it. 

The only think that works for me is intermittent fasting. Read about it. Basically I dont eat from 19:00 to 12:00 next day. 

Like this I manage to stay outbreak free. Have to go now. You can pm me if u need more info.

I don’t have outbreaks. I’m just saying with the HIV medication it’s required for you to take the pills everyday , so if excision works like that to be undetectable I’ll honestly be fine with that, I only had one outbreak 

22 hours ago, Savannah069 said:

I don’t have outbreaks. I’m just saying with the HIV medication it’s required for you to take the pills everyday , so if excision works like that to be undetectable I’ll honestly be fine with that, I only had one outbreak 

That would be nice to not worry about transmitting to others. If this were a real life scenario (non-transmission), would we have to disclose to every potential partner that we have HSV?

6 minutes ago, dont quit!17 said:

That would be nice to not worry about transmitting to others. If this were a real life scenario (non-transmission), would we have to disclose to every potential partner that we have HSV?

No because we wouldn’t be able to transmit it at all there wouldn’t be a risk

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Visitorette said:

I think i'd  give anything for  a (functional) cure who else?

They say health is most important, right.

I am all for that! Heck I would be happy just to have the blisters stop. But it seems that is asking a bit much as well.

As long as I can’t transmit this virus to others.. I’m more than happy with it.. I’m tired being with my anxiety.. I’m afraid if I’m not washing my hands clean enough or put my baby on my lap it could transmit the virus to him :sob: