World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

Sign in to follow this  
Saharah

Valtrex and TTC

Saharah

Hi everyone, my husband and I are about to try to conceive our first child however I have just started having a small outbreak - worst timing as we were  going to start trying this weekend! My Dr told me I couldn't take valtrex while trying to conceive but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information around whether it is safe or not. I called my pharmacy and they said the medication should be out of my system after 72hrs in which case, if everything has healed, we should be ok (I've just started taking it three times a day to try and clear it up fast). I'm worried about still having the drug in my system in case we do conceive. Is this a valid concern or am I being too paranoid? Would really appreciate any advice!! Thank you! 

Edited by Saharah

IamPositive

There’s would be any problem to conceive even when you have an outbreak. The virus doesn’t affect your fertility. And if you got the virus long before your pregnancy.. your baby are well protected inside there. I had my first baby after 4 years having the virus. He were born healthy.. the difficult part is preventing the transmission after the birth... :cry: I constantly stress and anxious..

StayStrongOk

Hi @Saharah, how did it go with trying to get pregnant? Did everything works well for you, could you share your experience? Thanks.

Scooby2112

Not sure why this is a concern.  Drs will want you on AVs when you give birth.  To minimize an outbreak during delivery.

not sure why during conception it would be a concern.   It I am not a dr.  So I would listen to them but consider getting additional opinions.