Whats the stats of GHSV1 being transferred via oral?

Nowornever2017

Can anyone tell me whats the transmission rate for a muggle catching HSV1 from performing oral sex on someone with GHSV1

Without lesions present, this would be something like a 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 10,000 shot. The chances may even be smaller. It is not observed often if at all.

• Thanks 1

@WilsoInAus would this be your estimate of ghsv1 to ghsv1 transmission?   

I assume we are talking when sores aren’t present no prodrome (if I ever didn’t have prodrome that would be easier to understand).  

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 4:15 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Without lesions present, this would be something like a 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 10,000 shot. The chances may even be smaller. It is not observed often if at all.

Why do you think this is? If type one “prefers” the mouth, I would think genital type one would transfer easily to the mouth of a person who is completely HSV negative.

41 minutes ago, M85 said:

Why do you think this is? If type one “prefers” the mouth, I would think genital type one would transfer easily to the mouth of a person who is completely HSV negative.

Because it hardly ever sheds from the genital region in an infectious quantity. Further, an adults lips are a different prospect from a child's.

I’ll say it now and I’ll say it 1000 times more. I did not carry the hsv virus whatsoever. I am one of the Select few people on this earth that demand HSV tests regularly. I got genital HSV1 from a genital hsv1 positive man. First time we had sex- One night. You can’t automaticslly assume people carry the HSV1 virus. 

I suppose my giver thought it was fine, maybe he came to this website taking advice from people who shouldn’t be giving it. Though I don’t even want to face it myself, Ill need to discuss hsv1 now that I carry the virus with potential partners. See you never Casual sex. Most people don’t even know the difference between HSV1 and HSV2. When the word herpes leaves your mouth panick sets in. That’s the sad part thanks to the stigma and lack of knowledge. 

• Like 1

That makes no sense. Why would you test so regularly? It must have concerned you! Yet you have sex with someone without asking to see their test results.

you see... but... regularly test... never symptoms... Lemmiwinks... folk dancing... yum yum... test first unicorn!

what are you doing to alleviate the stigma?

Maybe it makes you feel better to come on here because you gave someone genital herpes. Maybe you feel terrible for what you did. I don’t know your story Wilso but I have read that you passed genital herpes to someone via oral sex. I can’t imagine how awful that must feel every day of your life. I tested regularly to make sure I never did that to someone because it’s the equivalent of giving someone HIV without the death sentence. An incurable STI thay will affect someone for the remainder of their lives. 

And that’s why I tested so regularly. I never wanted to be the asshole that spread diseases to people sexually. There’s a special place in hell for people who knowingly infect others. I should have demanded to see my partners test but he was my best friend (I never thought he would be the one)  obviously that’s why I’m here now because I gave my trust to someone so undeserving. I lost the friendship too. I’ll never make this mistake again. All around herpes wrecked my life and not sure how to end the stigma because it’s one of the most non talked about stigmatized  hush hush things on the planet with no resources or backings from the government or a cure in sight.

Yes I passed my oral HSV-1 to another’s genitals. No I don’t feel bad about that, no more than a mother ought to who has passed HSV to their child.

The reason why I come here is multifold and includes people like you creating negativity and stigma around herpes that makes people feel bad about things when there’s no need to. Also, as you would have read, I come here owing to misinformation and misinterpretation that causes fact free emotions and actions detrimental to people.

HSV is nothing like HIV, let’s not sensationalise things and deal with realities and HSV on its own merits.

What an awful religion you must belong to that has so much hatred, hell and ruin. It makes sense that you have given into such a cult like, brainwashed set of life values.

You yourself along with everyone on the planet has passed one of HHV-1,2,3,4,5,6a,6b,7,8 To another human being. I hope you’ve got your express ticket to hell safely packed!

But there is an alternative. The love of Jesus Christ.

There is no hell only salvation. There is no ruin or punishment, only love.

All you need to do is open your heart to the love of Jesus Christ and you are saved - in life and death.

Edited by WilsoInAus
  • Like 1

Dude, are you for real? You're saying on one hand that you don't care that you passed a virus on to another person (or other people) and then you start a sermon about loving Jesus? What the hell (pun intended) does one have to do with the other?? 

Just now, Always-late said:

Dude, are you for real? You're saying on one hand that you don't care that you passed a virus on to another person (or other people) and then you start a sermon about loving Jesus? What the hell (pun intended) does one have to do with the other?? 

No I didn't say that, I said I didn't feel bad about it. What good would that do? The best emotion is to feel love like Jesus taught us. That's the connection.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:15 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Not true. It happened to me. And a ton of other people on here. It is not that rare. I've read studies on shedding rates. And what is the rate you are referring to? I in 5,000- 10,000 sexual encounters?

Edited by Always-late
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Always-late said:

Not true. It happened to me. And a ton of other people on here. It is not that rare. I've read studies on shedding rates. And what is the rate you are referring to? I in 5,000- 10,000 sexual encounters?

Yes please see the Herpes Handbook by Terri Warren for some transmission figures.

Your infection could have been from oral sex as I understand it. There are not many people on here with genital to genital transmission of HSV-1. Certainly no more than the odds quoted would suggest.

1 in 5,000- 10,000 sexual encounters with people of unknown HSV status? If that were the case, there wouldn't be so many people with it and it would not be so prevalent. I've read a few studies that suggest those that have HSV1 (possibly half of the population?) shed 5% (or more) of the time. I'm not doing the math here, but that seems like a lot more risk than one in 5,000-10,000 encounters. We couldn't all be that unlucky. 

Those are the odds. Note that less than 1/3 of shedding can actually result in infection. 

A key issue I admit is that people do not appreciate that outbreaks can be transferred etc.