World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
5in

Ok. What now.

5in

Ok I have it!:confused: What do I do now? I'm just now starting my break out and it hasn't began to hurt. What should I do to prepare for the pain? I'm so scared. Is it going to be very painful? will I be able to go to work? At night I wake up every 3 hours because my scrotum itches so bad. any help will be appreciated. thanks

:confused:

Caliope

Not everyone has the same experience. Not everyone has pain. Not everyone has outbreaks.

I'll give you some hints to help with it.

Aveeno Active Naturals - they have a few amazing products that contain colloidal oatmeal and really help with the symptoms. Two I like are the bath powder designed for skin rashes like poison oak and they have a new anti-itch cream that is a combination of pramoxine and calamine with just a hint of menthol.

You can use otc pain relievers such as: Tylenol, Advil or Aleve.

I like to avoid foods that contain nuts, legumes and many of the whole grains especially corn. They make me itch like crazy.

I take vitamin supplements. The ones I find to be most important are L-Lysine and Vitamin C with Bioflavanoids.

5in

Thanks for the feedback. I just made another appointment to get more information. I'm so scared:confused::confused::confused:

I hope some others will give me some advice.

MsLucy

Don't be scared. This isn't going to kill you. The itching will stop, and if you do get a full-blown outbreak (and lots of people don't) you'll get one or more blisters that probably won't hurt much unless they break open and get raw. That's what hurts, but it's no worse than having an open sore or a broken blister when you burn yourself. You've had that before, right? Nobody looks forward to it, but nobody has ever died from it either. Then it all heals up and goes away.

If you do get an outbreak, one thing I've found really helps dry it up and heal quicker is applying hydrogen peroxide directly on the sore a few times a day. It makes it feel better, too.

This is all new to you, and I know you don't know what to expect, but it's important to keep it all in perspective. By comparison, I'd personally rather suffer the discomfort of an outbreak any day over a toothache or a migraine. If you get an outbreak, nothing horrible is going to happen. There are no lasting effects once it's healed. But like Caliope said, everyone is different, so before you panic, wait and see what develops. You may be one of the lucky ones and not have any discomfort at all. It happens. You're gonna be alright. Promise. ;)

5in

:confused:

Just got another blister. I'm seriously about to cry. I don't feel good either. Sorry about the whining, but I still have no idea what to expect. I read in some peoples post that it hurts extremely bad. Thanks for the advice that you two have given. Its much appreciated.

I have some weird feelings in my eye? i hope i didn't effect my optical area.

catiesmom

If you have 2 blisters but not an intense amount of pain, i'd say you've avoided being one of those who get excruciating outbreaks. But worrying about it won't help either! Try the peroxide, if it hurts try the Aveeno, and RELAX!! This won't kill you, it might not even hurt you that badly, and it will be over soon!

Mya

I found baking soda baths to be very helpful and relaxing (a lot of people also recommend Epsom salts), it cleans down there really well. Don't rub the sores with a towel, that could break or irritate them, if you have a hair dryer use that on cool setting to dry the area. If you start having body pain, try Aleve; that worked for me when Tylenol or Advil didn't. My doctor prescribed Lotrisone cream to cut down on the itching and discomfort. Other than that, just get plenty of rest and avoid foods like chocolate or caffiene, they can trigger outbreaks or make them worse (I know I've cut down on my Java Monster energy drinks just in case)

Just try to stay positive! It's scary at first, but it's definitely not the end of the world. It's a very common virus, more than you might think. And you are not alone :) I highly recommend you make that appointment with your doctor to quell your fears, mine was very helpful and had a lot of information. Good luck!

5in
I found baking soda baths to be very helpful and relaxing (a lot of people also recommend Epsom salts), it cleans down there really well. Don't rub the sores with a towel, that could break or irritate them, if you have a hair dryer use that on cool setting to dry the area. If you start having body pain, try Aleve; that worked for me when Tylenol or Advil didn't. My doctor prescribed Lotrisone cream to cut down on the itching and discomfort. Other than that, just get plenty of rest and avoid foods like chocolate or caffiene, they can trigger outbreaks or make them worse (I know I've cut down on my Java Monster energy drinks just in case)

Just try to stay positive! It's scary at first, but it's definitely not the end of the world. It's a very common virus, more than you might think. And you are not alone :) I highly recommend you make that appointment with your doctor to quell your fears, mine was very helpful and had a lot of information. Good luck!

Thank you very much. I'm going to get some Epsom salt to take a bath, and try the baking soda. Going to the doctors today in a hour to get some information.

Stryker

that is my biggest fear optical infection....wash your hands all the time during breakouts...i would assume that you wash after using the bathroom.i've seen pictures of optical herpes and that does not look like much fun at all.try using an ice pack down there.i don't have harsh breakouts no more and hopefully you will adapt to this SOB.keep your chin up and remember there are lots of us out here with the same thing.