World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Nowornever2017

Kitty still feels off!

Nowornever2017

It has been almost a yr & my vag is still pissed off at the world! How long until i feel normal down there? 

Dx GHSV1. No sores since 1st out break last aug. but im sore down there. Irritated. Red. Constantly feel raw. 

Messed around with a guy a week ago & i was so swollen from it! Felt like i had cow lips between my legs. 

Would love some insight! 

Scooby2112

I am a boy and have the same thing just on my penis.  I also still get burning on my legs constantly   

I have never experienced actual blisters though   

But sex definitely inflames the penis   I tried a lot of creams etc  but I think that made it even worse   

Doctors think it may be a nerve issue maybe triggered by H but not actually H

I have just started cymbalta but after two days still have nerve sensations and really drowsy.   

YOu might need to see your gyne to make sure nothing else is going on BV and yeast etc.  

Nowornever2017
3 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

I am a boy and have the same thing just on my penis.  I also still get burning on my legs constantly   

But sex definitely inflames the penis   I tried a lot of creams etc  but I think that made it even worse   

I have just started cymbalta but after two days still have nerve sensations and really drowsy.   

YOu might need to see your gyne to make sure nothing else is going on BV and yeast etc.  

Thank you...ive gone to a couple diff docs & they look between my legs & say, welp all looks well. & thats it. One doc told me its all in my head & gave me a cream. (Like a antifungel cream or something) I just want me kitty to fell better! Ugh. 

Hope you figure something out as well. Keep me posted please! :)

justanothersufferer

could you try suppressive valtrex for a few months and see if it goes away?

Nowornever2017
2 hours ago, justanothersufferer said:

could you try suppressive valtrex for a few months and see if it goes away?

I have been actually. Just bummed my dose up to 1000mg a day, was only taking 500 a day for the past couple months. Im hopin it helps. Its been a week & a halfish. 

justanothersufferer

ah, yea i've been on 500mg haven't taken any in a long while now, but use to take it daily.

when i was first diagnosed for the first year i'd get neurological stuff all the time. twitches, itchiness, tingling etc. but its been a few years since i've felt that. 

Scooby2112

Please let me know how antiviral work for you.  I have been considering going in them as well as the cymbalta to try to get things back to normal   

The hard part is how do I know when I may be shedding if I have constant sensations and can’t tell the difference between it and prodrome. 

@justanothersufferer were your sensations constant? Or just here and there?  Did you get them on your thighs mine is mainly burning sensation on the front of my thighs. But I also get some sensations down the back of my thighs that feels more like a chill that runs down.  

I have a spot on my glans that seems slightly pink like raw skin but never had a blister there.  Seems like it's always there.  

Then twitchy/pinchy feeling on my testicles.  

Scooby2112
11 hours ago, Nowornever2017 said:

Thank you...ive gone to a couple diff docs & they look between my legs & say, welp all looks well. & thats it. One doc told me its all in my head & gave me a cream. (Like a antifungel cream or something) I just want me kitty to fell better! Ugh. 

Hope you figure something out as well. Keep me posted please! :)

I have been to many Dr that look and say I don't even have H because it's not typical blisters.  Then I say my legs burn and they look and say my skin is fine.  Like you one told me that I should consider getting a psychiatrist.  

How was your first outbreak?   

Did you get anti-virals early on?  Since my Drs didn't believe anything was going on I had to go to about 6 doctors before someone let me try some but they still didn't believe I had anything. 

G77

I got infected 8 weeks ago and my vag has been itchy and burning ever since! Really hope it goes away eventually as it can be pretty awkward when I'm at work and I have to itch! I've found coconut oil really helps though..it stops the itch and soothes the burn. 

Scooby2112

Burning only on the kitty? Or do you have pain elsewhere too?

Nowornever2017
2 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

Burning only on the kitty? Or do you have pain elsewhere too?

Me or Gilly?

justanothersufferer
On 6/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Scooby2112 said:

Please let me know how antiviral work for you.  I have been considering going in them as well as the cymbalta to try to get things back to normal   

The hard part is how do I know when I may be shedding if I have constant sensations and can’t tell the difference between it and prodrome. 

@justanothersufferer were your sensations constant? Or just here and there?  Did you get them on your thighs mine is mainly burning sensation on the front of my thighs. But I also get some sensations down the back of my thighs that feels more like a chill that runs down.  

I have a spot on my glans that seems slightly pink like raw skin but never had a blister there.  Seems like it's always there.  

Then twitchy/pinchy feeling on my testicles.  

For many months they were constant. After the first year it sorta eased up for the most part. I think I had a few instances where for a month or so I felt tingly, itchy, and had weird jolt like twitches every once in a while. However out of my 4 years having hsv2 the last two have generally been a breeze.

I've noticed a few folks on this forum suggest that after about a year things get easier. That was generally accurate for me!

whyme24
On 6/30/2018 at 5:36 PM, Scooby2112 said:

I have been to many Dr that look and say I don't even have H because it's not typical blisters.  Then I say my legs burn and they look and say my skin is fine.  Like you one told me that I should consider getting a psychiatrist.  

How was your first outbreak?   

Did you get anti-virals early on?  Since my Drs didn't believe anything was going on I had to go to about 6 doctors before someone let me try some but they still didn't believe I had anything. 

It is definetely herpes related. It is just not written in the medicine literature thats why so many doctors dont know.Actually even they do know there is not much to do. Again bone or joint aches are also related. It is an autoimmune issue.Try vitamin b12 get some nerve meds and just wait. But you should go to a good neourologist otherwise they will keep saying you it is not herpes related. But even symtoms are so definite for nerve issues ehhh going med school is not making a person clever i guess.

KMB
Posted (edited)

I’m going through the exact same thing. I was diagnosed 2 months ago and have never had a blister/sore. Just almost constant discomfort, burning, itching. I feel like I’m getting no help at all from my doctor-although I am taking meds 1000 mg a day. The depression is really starting to get to me too-I’m holding out hope that it will get better and I will have more good days than bad but it’s really hard-just want to feel normal again. @Nowornever2017

Edited by KMB

floridaguy

It's the same thing with everyone I see. You tell Dr. something is not right they tell you it's all in your head. But we feel the pain all the to real. I experience tingling, itching and shooting pains down there as well. I get pains on my penis head and inside. I dont get outbreaks tho. Drs say it's not herpes related because herpes symptoms dont linger on they stop. Man this damn virus is the devil. 

KMB

@floridaguy it really feels like there is NO support for this. I asked my doctor if I should come back if I get an outbreak and she said no. Plus the emotional toll it takes. I googled support groups today and couldn’t find anything. So I’m basically left to just suffer alone. 

Inlimbo

KMB have you tried a probiotic? I'm very recently diagnosed but along with antiviral I've started a probiotic for gut and vaginal health. 

Terrell
On 6/29/2018 at 7:43 PM, Scooby2112 said:

How long have you had it? Because I don’t experience that however initially I did.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:33 PM, Nowornever2017 said:

It has been almost a yr & my vag is still pissed off at the world! How long until i feel normal down there? 

Dx GHSV1. No sores since 1st out break last aug. but im sore down there. Irritated. Red. Constantly feel raw. 

Messed around with a guy a week ago & i was so swollen from it! Felt like i had cow lips between my legs. 

Would love some insight! 

Patience sweetheart it will subside. Thank God I told myself 

Scooby2112
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Terrell said:

How long have you had it? Because I don’t experience that however initially I did.

I am coming up on 1 year.  It has not been a fun experience.  I hear of others that say that they feel normal.  I definitely have not felt normal in a year.  

It's hard to even know when I am shedding  how can I minimize transmission When you have irritation all the time?

Edited by Scooby2112

brookeb300

I have it all of the time too

KMB

@Inlimbo I have not tried a probiotic. I’m taking vitamin c daily for immune boosting purposes and Lysine for suppression of cold sores. I’ve seen so many different suggestions I don’t even know what to do! 

Scooby2112

Just know that nothing has been proven to help Herpes. 

That doesn't mean it doesn't help some just across a broad population there is not data that supports any of the vitamins etc at doing any better than placebo.  

Terrell
On 7/11/2018 at 7:55 AM, Scooby2112 said:

I am coming up on 1 year.  It has not been a fun experience.  I hear of others that say that they feel normal.  I definitely have not felt normal in a year.  

It's hard to even know when I am shedding  how can I minimize transmission When you have irritation all the time?

Please buy a book on immunology rather being mislead you can gain an understanding of the immune system. Patience is essentially in our unprecedented situation. I thought i would never feel normal again however I was wrong. Law off attraction please think positive