Sexual agreement - just got a cold sore

Hi. First of all, let me explain... I have been in a relationship with  my partner for 28 years. For the past three years, I have been living in Spain and working. - still contibuting to the house, and my youngest son is enjoying a free private education because of my benefits at school. In the past my partner has used sex as a weapon - meaning that he refuses me - for the last 15 years as a kind of punishment for me getting pregnant with our youngest who is nearly 17. He loves my kids to bits, but I went through major depression as a result of emotional blackmail and pressures at work. However, even though he doesn't admit it, he was having major anxiety and depression in his business. So, I get it, but only to a point. For my kids, I have stayed with him. 

Recently, I have connected with someone and have agreed a kind of sexual arrangement where we will meet once a week- He doesn't want a relationship as his wife has seriously just cheated on him. Even in the last three years that I have separated from my partner,  I still remained true. But, I have found things difficult. So, yesterday, We had our first hook up yesterday, and have planned to hook up  not seeing anyone else, unless arranged together.

However, this morning I started to see the signs of a cold sore. They were not visible before. Should I be worried?

Edited by Tracella01

Oh, just to make you more aware... my parter hs had a serious stroke and has had a protection order put on him because he has no idea about how to complete a task of even go somewhere, legally, he has to have a chaperone with him at all times. He has been in hospital for 2 months

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hear your story. I am living in Valencia and think I have just got oral herpes. Would appreciate support in trying to get a proper test done. The symptoms are ambiguous. One doctor says yes, another no, but neither have offered a test. 

Would be good to chat. 

Thanks

dentist have laser treatments for lip heroes now ..  one treatment . i got videos on here .  go where they vacuum  lip so evaporating h gets sucked away instead of on your face and lips somewhere else .  worth a try .   

• 2 weeks later...

No you should not be worried. Worst case scenario you have oral hsv which noone cares about. You seem to have way bigger problems to worry about to be honest. If ur husband asks just say that you have always had cold sores.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• FMLLFM
      By FMLLFM
      My girlfriend keeps saying she wants to do oral on me and "swallow".  I know for vaginal sex definitely we'd have to use a condom, but not sure for oral. I know HSV2 prefers the genital area.  Would it be better for her to just use her hands to avoid the extended oral contact and then just "finish" in her mouth? The "swallowing" thing apparently is important to her because she's persistent with it. So is it in semen? Having the green light to just "do it" sounds to good to be true. So I'd like to know how to do this safely. Thank you. (I was diagnosed more than 10 years ago and I'm asymptomatic) 
    • whereismyanswer
      By whereismyanswer
      Hello there. I'm a 24F, who has  had HSV 1 for 3 and a half years now. I got my first cold sore December of 2016 out of no where when I was 21. I was in school and working at a job that had me very stressed at all time. I came home one day and saw the bumps. Initially, I'd never thought anything of it as my dad always had them when I was growing up. Of course, you go on Google and after about 20 minutes of searching, you are absolutely devastated and disgusted with yourself.
      The first year after my 1st outbreak, I'd occasionally experience some shedding, but didn't get another breakout until the following year. Since that outbreak, I've pretty much steadily had cold sores every month for the last 2 and a half years. I was told birth control would help, because I was noticing outbreaks begin about a week before my cycle. Didn't change anything though.
      Earlier this year, I finally decided it was time to start suppressive therapy, given the fact that I had no success with natural remedies or hormone leveling using the birth control. I've seen no changes in the frequency of my cold sores since starting 1GM of Valcyclovior. It's been about 3 months, and I met with my doctor today to discuss the issue. She basically told me there was nothing she could do and to see a dermatologist. She also gave me the list of vitamins I already to take to try to include with my daily antiviral. I feel completely defeated. I don't know what to do now or if there is any hope. It hurts me so much because I'm so young and nothing has gotten better. Also, I don't think a dermatologist is the answer. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • LadyInPink
      By LadyInPink
      Does anyone have any advice about applying makeup and removing makeup if you have oral herpes? I'm finding it very difficult to not be wasteful with things like face powder, makeup brushes, tooth brushes and toothpastes, acne medications and moisturizers, and other items like that. I have a terrible fear of possibly spreading something all over my face, so any advice is appreciated. Thank you
    • TheKittiesTitties
      By TheKittiesTitties
      Hello all!
      Feels good to be back and to be alive!
      So, since I've been on this last, life has taken a drastic turn. Mostly for the better. My outbreak count has diminished greatly, although when they do happen, the little bastards make up for lost time. My mental health has improved alot. I've been sober for over 2 years and I have a feeling that has help tremendously in my physical and mental outlook. And lastly, I've got a girlfriend. We've been together for almost 3 years and we are looking ever so forward to our future.
      However....
      She dosen't know.
      We've restrained from having sex this entire time and alot has to do with my ability to keep her at bay. Not an easy task when your in love with a sexy girl who is madly in love with you. We however have found ways to get our kicks. I go down on her almost every day and she loves it. She jacks me off and somewhat does oral through my shorts or pjs. Either way we both cum and usually in each other's faces. Life is just dandy.
      I'm as paranoid as ever but have developed a routine to keep my worries at bay. Cleanliness is a major key to my sanity and/or insanity. Gloves have become my best friend and it seems to be a fulfilling relationship. I've been warming up to telling her and I have a good feeling about it. We are on the same page and we are totally devoted to each other. Sex is something we look forward to but in my head it's my biggest fear.
      That's where the "experiment" comes in. My hypothesis is as follows:
      If it goes over well, and only if, I want to have sex with her, but with a series of "protectants". I've been researching condoms use and its effectiveness on hsv. That combined with an antiviral dosage and as far as I can tell, it's more than capable of warding off her contracting hsv. But it is only transferable through skin to skin contact, right?? Well here's the kicker, I've devised a series of boxers and tighty whities with small holes cut in the crotch. With all of them on, my groin, thighs and partial stomach is covered. Before I put them on one by one, I put on a condom (maybe 2, let me know your thoughts on whether that is an effective idea) and put my penis through each of the holes one by one. By the time the last pair is in, the bottom ring of the condom is covered, thus no skin is showing and the surrounding skin is covered in a thick cotton cocoon of a fruit of the loom diaper. Seems good in theory, but I need some advice from you all in whether it will work and would it be effective.
      Let know what you think and your advice. 
      Thank you,
      TheKittiesTitties
    • Is this it
      By Is this it
      Hey everyone 

I had dry lips which then turned to a black spot you could say pic attached. It was there for a few days painless but was quite hard. 
      I put some oregano herbs on it as it was getting darker and peeling hard skin and it started to react and get watery I guess you could say. 

It now looks like this 2 days after applying the herb! The pharmacy said it’s not a cold sore and just reacted to what I put on it On top of a blocked gland or something 
      any ideas?? Please 

• Trending Now

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• AlexUobby
      Hey, @WilsoInAus thank you for replying.  Just those symptoms and this thread and some other thread on medhelp, I am so regretted and afraid. Thank you for your kind reply. When such sores come out again, I will definitely have a swab test.  It was so hard to get back to normal life. 
    • Micheal hook
      This medication is utilized to help assuage moderate to extreme agony. Purchase Oxycodone Online overnight Delivery Belongs to a class of medications known as opioid (narcotic) analgesics. buy oxycodone acetaminophen 10-325 en español buy oxycodone acetaminophen 5-325 en español oxycodone for sale online buy percocet online oxycodone online buy opana online without prescription buy opana 40mg online
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @AlexUobby you have a 16 week test result that is conclusively negative. You have not had lesions at the possible site of entry to your body for the virus.  That does add up to a closed case, no genital herpes (or soup) for you!
    • AlexUobby
    • AlexUobby
      Hey, it has been a while. I have posted before and received great help. But I got a new situation here.  1. A few days ago, I found 2 round scabs on the right side of my butt cheek. And then it occurs to me that I have the similar scabs in this area in January. I can't get a swab test because it has developed scabs.  But to be honest, it really looks like some pictures of herpes. I was very confused. And I noticed some marks of dried blood nearby. Can we say it was not herpes because lesions caused by herpes don't bleed? I have the obsession, always want to use my hand to scratch my butt. Last time it showed up, I thought it might be the cause. 2. Several days ago, I found some cut-like lesions on my right groin, too. The same lesions have showed up on the 21 day of my exposure, but it healed on the 24 day. And I have seen the same lesions showed up on March 24. They were always on my right groin. Never see one on there left. I sent the pictures to 2 doctor online(because of the pandemic), they both thought it wasn't herpes.  The hospitals in my city don't offer swab test,  so I must go to the city nearby. When such lesions show up next time, I will have a swab test.  1) Can we say the first lesions were not herpes because it bleed?  2) Can we say the second lesions were not herpes because the initial outbreak was so short?  3) I know recurrent herpes can show up in the box short area. But is it possible it changes its place in just 5 months?  3 week Capita HSV I and II Igg negative 6 week Capita HSV I and II Igg negative Roche Elecsys HSV I and II Igg negative HSV II Igg = 0.06(0.5~1.0 grey zone) 12 week a test produced by a company call Dia.pro HSV I Igg negative  HSV II Igg positive I did the same test 3 times, the value is 1.2, 1.4, 1.9 16 week Capita HSV I and II Igg negative Roche Elecsys HSV I and II Igg negative HSV II Igg = 0.073(0.5~1.0 grey zone)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.