I haven’t had a outbreak since my diagnosis

Tbh I haven’t had an outbreak since May 29th of this year (diagnosed)and this month is almost over, how many females get outbreaks on their periods ? If I don’t have mine is it really suppressed ? 

Edited by HerpesDumbAf

Just posted something similar to this. I was diagnosed also on 5-29 and haven’t had a visible OB since. During my first OB I had my period. Since I’ve felt itching here & there, but nothing too serious. I usually get my period at the end of every month, around the 28th. I have not gotten my period yet, it’s now the 2nd. I’ve also been feeling like something is coming on, so because of this I’ve taken a days worth of Valtrex. I’ve read that your menstrual cycle can cause an OB so of course I’m trying to stay on top of it. No signs of my period, no signs of an OB...yet. Not sure what’s going on & if my periods late because of my hsv. I have hsv2. Any other females out there experience something like this?? 

I contracted Ghsv2 in november 2017, found out I was exposed to the virus 3 days after contact, got blood tests for antibodies and results were negative. I did experience redness in my genital area though, specifically around the perianal area. I started taking valaciclovir for two weeks then stopped. Ran blood tests again, negative. Got a PCR and tested positive for hsv2 on december. Took suppressive therapy for 6 months and I stopped it two days ago. I've experienced only the redness and irritation in the perianal zone, not an actual outbreak, it's been almost 8 months since I have the virus, and I'm really scared to have the first outbreak, my symptoms have been very mild.

I will soon, even though pcr tests are super accurate I know I have it, got 3 pcr tests, first positive, second negative (super weird, doctor thought the suppressive therapy might have eradicated it), third test positive (my redness has never really went away). 

5 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@normakiut I think it would be worthwhile getting a blood test for HSV-1 and HSV-2.

I will soon, even though pcr tests are super accurate I know I have it, got 3 pcr tests, first positive, second negative (super weird, doctor thought the suppressive therapy might have eradicated it), third test positive (my redness has never really went away).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      Hey @Fernie hope you are going well. The doctor is spot on here. Many people with HSV-1 end up with slightly elevated results for HSV-2 that does not indicate infection with HSV-2. This persists from test to test for some people. The Westernblot would be useful to you, but will just confirm what is being said to you. Most people actually with HSV-2 test above 3.5 on those sorts of tests. 
    • Fernie
      Just got off the phone with a doctor and they said based off the history of my tests, it’s most likely a false positive.    they also said that because I have hsv1 that that could be causing the false positive 
    • ChattyB
      How do you know you have hsv-2 orally.  I read that having hsv-2 orally is highly unlikely. 
    • Fernie
      I’m so confused and don’t know what to do.    Sorry for posting here so much but I’m just lost.   I’ve tested normal on these dates 7/14/2020 0.72 IGG , 10/28/2020 0.89 IGG.    Then I tested low positive 6/6/2021 1.11 IGG.    I went back after that test to confirm the abnormal results on 7/29/2021 0.78 IGG were the results which led me to believe that the first abnormal results were just wrong.    Fast forward to now I just got my results back this morning from 11/27/2021 1.17 IGG, were the results. I’m just so confused, don’t know what to do. I’m going to have a consultation over the phone with a physician today and I also reached out to Terri from Westover Heights.    At this point I’m considering a western blot and I’m so paranoid I also signed up for another full panel std testing. I’m just so confused and stressed out.  Hope my buddy @WilsoInAus sees this  
    • ChattyB
      Did you find out what's going on. I'm having the same exact shit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.