World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tothefuture

How many OBs have you had this year?

tothefuture

This is a bid morbid I know, but I'm really curious if I'm unusual (it has been said:D) or if there are others who get them as often as I do.

tothefuture

ohhhhhh I've sooooooo impressed myself. That was sooooooooo easy to do. JRTJRT eat yer heart out!!!:lol:

Anyway, on a serious note, I'm having FAR too many OBs. Have now got meds, and may start them on Jan 1st (I'm a tad obsessional I know). I would be really interested in whether I should be in the Guiness Book of Records of something. Friggin hell what a claim to fame that would be:(

helied2me

Was exposed mid Sept., OB started 2 weeks after exposure, lasted 6 1/2 weeks, 6 or 7 days no symptoms and currently on 8th day of another OB.

tothefuture

Mmmmm........that's a good point. So you would only put down 2 OBs but;

1. you haven't been infected for a year and

2. although you've 'only' had 2, the first one lasted 6 and a half weeks - I could have had about 3 outbreaks in that time.

Mmmmm...I think my poll may not be scientifically sound!:rolleyes:

Not to worry - it's a start and we'll see what others have to say.

Thanks for replying.

annyi

Geez, tothefuture, you are the king! I am impressed that you are still having such a high spirit over it! Are you doing the thing that patent said just let it go?! You can speed the process by killing the virus during the ob! One way or the other, hope you get out of it soon!! I have a thread "once a month" recorded how I got out of it, if you like to get some info, but I believe you already knew all those!

ohhhhhh I've sooooooo impressed myself. That was sooooooooo easy to do. JRTJRT eat yer heart out!!!:lol:

Anyway, on a serious note, I'm having FAR too many OBs. Have now got meds, and may start them on Jan 1st (I'm a tad obsessional I know). I would be really interested in whether I should be in the Guiness Book of Records of something. Friggin hell what a claim to fame that would be:(

tothefuture

I've just had a quick look at that thread and I will have to read up on all the options properly before January.

WaxedWrong replied in that thread - I wonder what's happened to her, maybe she's just taking a break from here for a while. It's a bit worrying that she seems to have turned into a frog though!:confused::shock:

catiesmom

I've had 6 i think, but i haven't had it for a year. I've had it for about 7 months, and this is my first month "avoiding" an outbreak.

Caliope

Okay I answered 1.

I have only had 1 actual outbreak. I am considering this to be where there is a sore/blister/lesion etc.

But. . .

I do get minor symptoms that never manifest to be an actual outbreak. I hope this didn't mess up your poll.

MsLucy

I voted, too (1-5). Was officially diagnosed in April, which is less than a year, but had a couple ob's prior to that. I thought they were reactions to the toilet paper I was using... okay. okay. Stupid, but I'm slow. What can I say? :rolleyes:) After switching toilet paper three times, I finally figured out... hey... maybe it's something else! Ya think??? Duh.

Stella33

3 so far

Hello,

I am new here. I have had the virus for 10 months now, and I have had three obs. The first was the worst! I was very adiment about taking a natural approch to this, so I have been watching my diet and sleeping patterns. Whatching my life style seems to help, but the pattern seems to be that I get an outbreak every 4 months. How is that for an internal clock!

I would also like to let everyone know that we are lucky to be alive and changes will have to be made on a daily basis. My friends and loved once that know about me and Mr. H have not treated me any differently and if anything it has brought us closer. Try not to stress and enjoy life to the fullest!

tothefuture

I'd be interested in talking to whoever put 21-25.

He/she could maybe PM me?

chloe808

I have had an ob approximately every 4 months sometimes I will go a little longer even though I was recently diagnosed I now know that these "razor bumps" or "pimples" were actually H.

gone

too may to count

Um, hard to count, but possibly in the 15-20 mark---9 being in the last 9 weeks---once a week. This is NOT fun!

alwaysalone

jesus i dont even know when i got mine, i just woke up one day and i was screwed and not in a good way. Um it would be more accurate if you were to ask how many days have I NOT had oBs. as i dont have meds and im under extreme stress. i have been pretty much running around with one or the other type of outbreak. I mean it's like i cant get a break.

beatlefan

not sure how to vote

im going on almost a yr and a half of constant ob. am I having back to back obs or is it possible for an ob to last that long, I have a steady intake of acyclovir and my symptoms seem to worsen. im out of my mind over this is there any better drugs i an take or as anyone else experienced this long of an ob anyways i dont know if its just one ob or many

tearsforfears
im going on almost a yr and a half of constant ob. am I having back to back obs or is it possible for an ob to last that long, I have a steady intake of acyclovir and my symptoms seem to worsen. im out of my mind over this is there any better drugs i an take or as anyone else experienced this long of an ob anyways i dont know if its just one ob or many

I'm right there with you beatlefan..I've had this about 2 1/2 years and still no slowdown here.

First year I was in the 28 od region...2nd year approx same...even now i'm too on acyclovir

and have frequent obs even with 400 mg twice a day..at times up to 2 grams even...though some are not as viscious as I use alot of diffrent topical things to help calm them down.It really sucks...

tothefuture

An update...and some good news.

Somehow I missed some of the replies to this thread. 6 people had at least 21 OBs in a year - not good.

Anyway, some good news for a change.

Some of you may know that I had I think it was 26 OBs in a year and I was almost phobic about taking meds. Anyway, I gave in - out of necessity really - and I've taken 400mg of Aciclovir daily since Jan 1st. I was prescribed 800mg daily but thought I'd start with half the dose and see what happens.

So far this year I've had 6 OBs. These have been absolutely tiny. But more importantly, significantly fewer than last year within the same time scale. And in fact I've not had any for the last 9 weeks. This is a MASSIVE improvement for me.

And I've had no side effects.

I do wonder whether doctors over subscribe and maybe a lower dose is sometimes BETTER than a higher dose.:confused:

I know it's still a lot of OBs to put up with, but I'm hoping that this trend will continue - I think it's early days.

Sorry for the indulgence of talking about myself - I realise this post isn't actually helping anyone! Well, unless it gives someone some hope that these OBs CAN reduce. I just felt a bit chuffed about it and wanted to let the regulars know, as it's not something I can tell anyone else about!!

Veronica

This year?

With this year you mean this year 2008? In that case it is only about one every month, counting the milder ones as well -> 5 to 6 mild outbreaks and one severe outbreak.

Or do you mean the past 12 months? Mid november 2007 I have been diagnosed with genital herpes. After contracting type 2 as well. I know I have had an mild outbreak a month before contracting type 2; but this was then regarded as an allergic reaction. 2 severe outbreaks (1 primary and 1 recurrent) and about 8 to 9 mild ones that I can recall of the past 12 months.

scared_little_girl

To many on my count!!

Hey:

I know its been awhile since my last entry, but I have been trying to live my life!! It has been going good actually!!

I was told I had HSV on May 14th, 2008...... and its now June 16th, and I am having my second outbreak!! I am little upset cause my birthday is the 19th.... I didn't want to spend my birthday with an out break!!:( So, again!! I am going to deal with this like its nothing!! It this F***ing virus don't like being my MY body then it can get the hell out!! :mad:

tothefuture

Well happy birthday for the 19th:D

You sound like you've got the right attitude.

Shayna

TTF,

Congrats on fewer ob's girlie! I hope it continues to improve for you ;)

Hey, I dropped weight when I was on acyclovir...got skinny actually...but it found it's way back a year after I stopped taking it. hmmm...maybe I'll take it again for the summer :lol::confused:

tothefuture

I've managed to put weight on in the last year - only down to over-eating I'm afraid.:oops:

Thanks for the words of Congrats!!!:D