World's Largest Herpes Support Group
bufshof

Different strains of hsv

bufshof

Does anyone know that if I date a woman with hsv 2 will I catch a different strain of hsv? I have hsv 1 and 2. I know that hiv has different strains of the virus. 

Edited by bufshof

WilsoInAus

No that is virtually impossible to do. And if for some reason you did, it would not make any difference to your experience with herpes.

Quest

Terri Warren says no, but I also used to wonder the same. If you have one and two maybe you are bullet proof as far as hsv is concerned. 

brookeb300

I think that you can just accumulate more on you now that you’re antibodies are maxed out

35hope

they're sub strains of hsv1 and 2 and i believe from my experience some are mild and others are aggressive 

had ohsv1 first and after a few years i didn't know why people would think hsv was an issue at all, then i was infected with hsv1 oral and genital from someone else my antibodies didnt protect me, this new sub strain i caught is much more aggressive, physically and mentally harming me now to the point where now i can understand the stigma of this disease.

Friends

Yes! This is what I’ve been saying also. I have HSV 1&2 was shocked to learn I had it...no symptoms, found out because I went to the Dr for a annual work up...and when they tod me I was in shock... still is a year later. Other than knowing normal life, but there are people on her that are saying that terrible things are happening to them. 

Skrillah80

I've had it for about 2 or 3 months still no outbreaks

WilsoInAus
49 minutes ago, Skrillah80 said:

I've had it for about 2 or 3 months still no outbreaks

Consider a Herpeselect test or even Westernblot for confirmation. 

Skrillah80

I'm starting to feel tingling and coldness on tip of my penis

WilsoInAus
4 minutes ago, Skrillah80 said:

I'm starting to feel tingling and coldness on tip of my penis

That’s not a herpes symptom.

WilsoInAus

Stress, yeast, bacterial infection, kidney and associated issues, bladder and associates issues, prostate, spinal issue, nerve entrapment, dermatitis issue...

Point is you should have an open mind lest you have a serious condition.

Skrillah80

Riiight on.. Jerking it to much or drugs I'm guessing lol maybe it's the apricot seeds working its magic lol

Constant Diplomat
9 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

I would beg to differ on this. I've never had any visible symptoms either, but I have felt the tingling coldness in my penis about three times over the last three and a half years since I've had herpes. It's unmistakable. One time, it happened when I was very sick with a stomach bug, and when I was at the doctor, I told them and asked for a swap to see if it was herpes. It came back positive. This was almost two years after I was diagnosed.

Technically, it's impossible to say whether the tingling coincided with a shedding episode, or whether the tingling was a result of the shedding. Either way, I when I felt this tingle and took valtrex twice daily, it disappeared within hours. I'd felt it linger around for a day and a half maybe two days without valtrex one other time. I avoided sex when I felt this tingle.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it's flat out NOT a herpes symptom. Maybe it's just the subtle feeling of shedding.

livelikeyourloved
On 9/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, 35hope said:

they're sub strains of hsv1 and 2 and i believe from my experience some are mild and others are aggressive 

had ohsv1 first and after a few years i didn't know why people would think hsv was an issue at all, then i was infected with hsv1 oral and genital from someone else my antibodies didnt protect me, this new sub strain i caught is much more aggressive, physically and mentally harming me now to the point where now i can understand the stigma of this disease.

Hi 35hope.  I am in the middle of experiencing something unlike anything I recall experiencing with oral HSV1 and it sounds like possibly it is similar to what you are describing.  

I believe I have had OHSV1 for most of my life, but only in the last couple of years am I have having more aggressive and noticeable outbreaks.  Previously, I would only notice a tingle and a very small pinpoint areas and it did not happen very often- hardly at all, and it would clear up pretty quickly.

Now, especially right now, my mouth/gums feel numb/sore as well as parts of my cheek and even strange feelings around one eye.  The spot on my lip is quite red and it has acted very different- meaning the tingling is stronger and covers a larger area and  the little tiny blisters come and go but aren't fully going away and the lips peel, etc..   I don't recall this being so aggressive before or lasting so long.  

I am not sure if it is perhaps due to a lower immune system, increased stress or perhaps it's possible that when HSV2 appeared (June 2017) I also was given gift of a new strain of HSV1?  Or, worse, maybe I now have HSV2 orally?  I thought that was not supposed to be possible but I guess there is always the possibility that I had HSV2 orally and not HSV1 as I had assumed.  

thanks for any insight/opinion

Edited by livelikeyourloved

blurneworder
5 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

I would beg to differ on this. I've never had any visible symptoms either, but I have felt the tingling coldness in my penis about three times over the last three and a half years since I've had herpes. It's unmistakable. One time, it happened when I was very sick with a stomach bug, and when I was at the doctor, I told them and asked for a swap to see if it was herpes. It came back positive. This was almost two years after I was diagnosed.

Technically, it's impossible to say whether the tingling coincided with a shedding episode, or whether the tingling was a result of the shedding. Either way, I when I felt this tingle and took valtrex twice daily, it disappeared within hours. I'd felt it linger around for a day and a half maybe two days without valtrex one other time. I avoided sex when I felt this tingle.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it's flat out NOT a herpes symptom. Maybe it's just the subtle feeling of shedding.

How did you get it swabbed?

4 hours ago, livelikeyourloved said:

Hi 35hope.  I am in the middle of experiencing something unlike anything I recall experiencing with oral HSV1 and it sounds like possibly it is similar to what you are describing.  

I believe I have had OHSV1 for most of my life, but only in the last couple of years am I have having more aggressive and noticeable outbreaks.  Previously, I would only notice a tingle and a very small pinpoint areas and it did not happen very often- hardly at all, and it would clear up pretty quickly.

Now, especially right now, my mouth/gums feel numb/sore as well as parts of my cheek and even strange feelings around one eye.  The spot on my lip is quite red and it has acted very different- meaning the tingling is stronger and covers a larger area and  the little tiny blisters come and go but aren't fully going away and the lips peel, etc..   I don't recall this being so aggressive before or lasting so long.  

I am not sure if it is perhaps due to a lower immune system, increased stress or perhaps it's possible that when HSV2 appeared (June 2017) I also was given gift of a new strain of HSV1?  Or, worse, maybe I now have HSV2 orally?  I thought that was not supposed to be possible but I guess there is always the possibility that I had HSV2 orally and not HSV1 as I had assumed.  

Can you describe the feeling around your eyes?

T9000
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Coldness obviously not, but tingling is one of the most common symptoms of herpes. Not sure why you would feel the need to lie about that.

Lostone2018

Would sense of coldness simply be the nerve "repairing" ..This is as much a nerve issue as skin issue. So is frostbite for instance.. Frostbite burns itches and crawls when nerves are unfreeziing or unburning from the extreme cold ..As the nerves repair they feel all those sensations including "cold" or water trickling.. I think its highly possible that a sensation of "cold" in the nerve can be felt with this condition.   Ive had them all, most of my face with.nueralgia effects...and negative igg tests even at 12 months .  frustrating

Skrillah80

Well I did a blood test about 2 months ago said I was positive for hsv 2..I ain't had no outbreaks but tonight I'm feeling the tingling again with coldness on tip of my penis.. Wonder wtf is going on.. I'm also taking apricot seeds maybe they are starting to take effect?? Can anybody help me?? 

RNY18

Do your research on apricot seeds first. I have seen some very mixed reports on their benefit vs danger.

PeaceNeeded
On 2/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, Constant Diplomat said:

Same here. Low HSv2 IGG numbers and a positve test, not many evidence on glans since first pimples ob, but since infection do have regularly mild tingling that never had in my life.

35hope
On 2/6/2019 at 6:05 AM, livelikeyourloved said:

my first infection with ohsv1 was a little fatigue( which stayed with me ever since got it) and a slightly itchy burning blister under my nose and it lasted two weeks till it started to heal, no itching or burning on any other part of my face or any sharp needle sensation, now though its sharp stingy pains similar to a bee or red ant sting mostly on my crotch and stomach but it also hit random area all over my body and my other prodrome symptoms numb burning itchy tongue, burning eyes and the feeling of burning through out my whole body especially on area were i wear constricted clothing like my waist or if i wear a tight shirt my neck and armpits and this been constant for over a year now.

The first 3,4 months were horrific i thought i had aids because on how agonizing the symptoms were. But it mild down since then, i still cant wear tight shirts but my burning eyes and body isnt as bad still have a numb mouth my sore throat comes and goes and still got the stingy pains not as painful, the itchiness is more so on my crotch and stomach now also. I never got any blisters like i did under my nose but got something that look like folliculitis on my stomach that didn't go away for more than 3 months. I really dont know what this is my std test said only positive for hsv1 so thats why i'm guessing it's a new substrain of hsv1 thats reckon havoc in my body. 

blurneworder
4 hours ago, 35hope said:

my first infection with ohsv1 was a little fatigue( which stayed with me ever since got it) and a slightly itchy burning blister under my nose and it lasted two weeks till it started to heal, no itching or burning on any other part of my face or any sharp needle sensation, now though its sharp stingy pains similar to a bee or red ant sting mostly on my crotch and stomach but it also hit random area all over my body and my other prodrome symptoms numb burning itchy tongue, burning eyes and the feeling of burning through out my whole body especially on area were i wear constricted clothing like my waist or if i wear a tight shirt my neck and armpits and this been constant for over a year now.

The first 3,4 months were horrific i thought i had aids because on how agonizing the symptoms were. But it mild down since then, i still cant wear tight shirts but my burning eyes and body isnt as bad still have a numb mouth my sore throat comes and goes and still got the stingy pains not as painful, the itchiness is more so on my crotch and stomach now also. I never got any blisters like i did under my nose but got something that look like folliculitis on my stomach that didn't go away for more than 3 months. I really dont know what this is my std test said only positive for hsv1 so thats why i'm guessing it's a new substrain of hsv1 thats reckon havoc in my body. 

I have the problems with my eyes and tongue, too.

how were you diagnosed?

Edited by blurneworder

35hope

On 2/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, blurneworder said:

I have the problems with my eyes and tongue, too.

how were you diagnosed?

just a igg blood test, which is the reason im still trying to diagnose it properly 

Skrillah80
On 2/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Friends said:

Yes! This is what I’ve been saying also. I have HSV 1&2 was shocked to learn I had it...no symptoms, found out because I went to the Dr for a annual work up...and when they tod me I was in shock... still is a year later. Other than knowing normal life, but there are people on her that are saying that terrible things are happening to them. 

I've had both for 2 months and still no outbreaks just tingling..