World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
CRA7002

Is it herpes?

CRA7002

Hi everybody!

So here's my story, which is tough for me to tell. I started getting symptoms about a year ago. It started as one pimple and since has spread all over the penis. I have no consistency in when the "outbreaks" occur. Sometimes it is just a pimple or two, other times it is a lot of them. I have different pains and itchiness in the genital area. It finally looks like I am clearing up right now after having pimples for at least the last two months. The thing is that it wasn't just one outbreak. They just kept occurring in different places on my penis. It has also spread to the anus. I don't receive pimples there though. There is nothing on the surface, but I experience something that feels like very dry skin which is very irritating at times.

The outbreaks often are triggered by masturbation. Also, it is some what noticeable that I have some type of infection, herpes or not, even when I'm not experiencing an outbreak. There are some non-painful, small pimples that can always be seen around the area in which the head and shaft are connected.

What has me very confused is that I'm only 18 and have not had any sexual contact with anyone. I used to get cold sores when I was younger, but have not had one in probably almost ten years. My thinking was that there would be some correlation with frequency of outbreaks between my mouth and penis if I somehow spread it to my penis. Another thing that makes me question if it is herpes is that I was having yellow crystals in my ejaculate. It has not occurred in several months though.

Anyway, whether it is fear or embarassment, I am finally going to the doctor very soon I hope. Sorry if this is hard to follow. Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

worrisome87

have you had anybody give you oral, because you could possible contract it from that?

CRA7002
have you had anybody give you oral, because you could possible contract it from that?

No nothing at all. I think my saliva has come in contact with my penis, but I have heard it is unlikely to spread it like that.

Caliope

I think that the likelihood of you spreading your oral infection to your genital area is very slim. The fact that there has been no sexual activity to be responsible for your symptoms leads me to recommend that you see a dr and have some testing done.

If you have a blood test for herpes it will detect your oral infection however if there is the presence of sores etc. those can be swabbed and cultured.

There are other things that could account for your symptoms.

CRA7002
I think that the likelihood of you spreading your oral infection to your genital area is very slim. The fact that there has been no sexual activity to be responsible for your symptoms leads me to recommend that you see a dr and have some testing done.

If you have a blood test for herpes it will detect your oral infection however if there is the presence of sores etc. those can be swabbed and cultured.

There are other things that could account for your symptoms.

Ok thank you for the advice. I could be wrong, but there are some things that make me tend to believe it's not herpes. Such as the yellow crystals and frequent problems on my penis compared to never having sores on my mouth. Maybe I'm wrong.

CRA7002
Please see a dr.

Yea I plan to in the next couple weeks when I finish the semester at school.

Caliope

Are you away at college? There is usually a health center that is available to students? If you are in HS you should consider maybe going to a clinic in the evening or on the weekend.

I know you've been dealing with it for a while but seeing a dr sooner may be better if there is something else causing this discomfort. Herpes wouldn't be a reason to hurry but since you have no idea what it is you may not want to procrastinate further. The crystal part would have me concerned.

CRA7002
Are you away at college? There is usually a health center that is available to students? If you are in HS you should consider maybe going to a clinic in the evening or on the weekend.

I know you've been dealing with it for a while but seeing a dr sooner may be better if there is something else causing this discomfort. Herpes wouldn't be a reason to hurry but since you have no idea what it is you may not want to procrastinate further. The crystal part would have me concerned.

Yea, I'm away at college. The thing with the crystals is that I haven't had them occur for a long time now. I actually scheduled a doctor's appointment a little while ago for when I'm done with school, which is in two weeks. I think I will take your advice and visit the health center on Monday. Thank you for your advice and concern.

CRA7002

What really has me puzzled is that if I spread it from my mouth to penis, wouldn't I have some correlation in how often outbreaks would occur on my penis and mouth? I haven't had a cold sore in like 10 years, but I have outbreaks on my penis all the time. Is this a correct assumption?

Also, I don't ever get any pimples on the lower part of my penis. All my problems occur on or near the head. I never get any pimples under the scar where I was circumsized. Is this a sign that it's not herpes?

Caliope

unfortunately no one on this forum can diagnose you. we can only share our experiences and believe me they are diverse and very different.

I somehow doubt that what you have is herpes which is why I think you need to see a dr.

CRA7002
unfortunately no one on this forum can diagnose you. we can only share our experiences and believe me they are diverse and very different.

I somehow doubt that what you have is herpes which is why I think you need to see a dr.

Yea I gotcha. I guess I'm just looking for something to help ease my mind while I wait until Monday to go to the health center. It's very nerve racking because I've waited so long to see a doctor and now I am finally going. Once again, thank you for the insight, advice, and concern. I really appreciate it.