World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
macan

Test results on Wednesday.. waiting isn't fun...

macan

So, here I am.

All the statistics in the world haven't made me feel any better, but I am SO GLAD that you guys are here. Thank you all.

My story:

I met a girl via Internet Dating a month ago. Great way to do it and highly recommended.

I went hopeful, but expecting to be disappointed. It's the attitude to use because of the odds that I've worked out. It keeps me going.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we had sex on the first date. (Because neither of us were disappointed. :) )

Normally, I wouldn't do this because I think that sex gets in the way of a burgeoning relationship. It happened and I was careful about it and even went as far as asking about previous history.

The next day, I find a red mark on my upper groin where she was fairly actively rubbing. I just assessed that it was caused by an irritated hair follicle.

Or maybe my skin is reacting to something about her.

This is the odd bit. Is herpes THAT fast? That's like about 8 hours.

Now I've had a few more outbreaks. Generally each time we have sex on the weekends. Small red raw areas in my pubic hair line. The appear and heal quickly with only small mark left that the top ultra thin layer of outer skin has been disrupted.

Today, I discovered one blister under my belt line.

It was the first time I actually saw a blister first.

Finally the thought that I might have Herpes came up.

On to Google and look at as many images as I possibly can.

None of them looked like what I had, so I felt a bit more relaxed.

Then I found two pictures that did.

So off to the clinic I went.

I told the doctor that I thought I had herpes Simplex 2 and showed him.

He said, " I reckon you're right!"

(Was that a second opinion?)

He took a swab and told me to call back Wednesday.

So now is the four day wait.

In my heart, I feel that there will be only one answer.

New girlfriend is kinda crushed about it. She's sending text messages as I type this.

She feels so responsible although her last three partners were clear and she has no signs herself.

She's off for a test too.

We weren't on the best ground before.

Now she's frantic.

I'm still calm hoping against hope that I'll receive negative news.

A friend of mine is a sex worker.

I asked her for a second opinion. She's seen a lot of things.

She didn't think it was herpes.

It's a tiny bit of consolement.

I think the next few days are going to suck.

Thanks for being here guys and gals.

MsLucy

I wouldn't even wager a guess, but I do hope your results are negative. Having ben through those long days of waiting, I sympathize. They were the longest, most stressful days I think I ever lived through. Even though my result was positive, I wanted to kiss the dr just for ending the suspense. Good luck, and let us know how you make out, okay?

macan

Thanks.

After reading through some of the information on here, I've decided that I'm pretty much infected.

I've also decided that I doubt that I can tell who gave it to me.

Not that I'm that much of a tart, but the fact that it can be transmitted without external symptoms, people can be infected for quite some time and not know they've got it and condoms don't totally prevent transmission kinda puts the kybosh on tracking things...

I'm resigned to it now. It does have a slight feeling of unreal to it at this point. Guess Wednesday will tell...

macan

Thankyou all for being here.

I have investigated life with herpes and explored my options. I had come to the conclusion earlier today that I would accept things for what they were.

I waited for three hours only to be told that I was negative.

I could have fallen out of my chair as it was so unexpected.

The most likely vectors have tested negative also.

I was the last one, but the most convinced that my lesions were herpes.

I have learnt a lot from all of you people on this forum. Either via your symptoms or your advice. That which has not been given to me, but to others.

I have the barest beginning of understanding of what everyone goes through.

I wasn't likely to discriminate before and I definately won't now.

catiesmom

Be sure to find out what you DO have, and consider getting retested, even though it doesn't sound like you're infected. I hope you take the knowledge you've got now and avoid getting HSV in the future!!! Congrats on your results!

upstate99

good news but..

consider getting a blood test to be sure, because I've read that culture samples are not the most reliable way to test. Especially consider it if you experience more symptoms. Ask for an IgG blood test from your doctor. Also keep in mind that it can take a while for antibodies to develop to provide a reliable test, so waiting a month or two might be wise. It's annoying and takes forever seemingly, but I think if you aren't sure it's a good way to be sure.