World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ocean

natural remedies??

ocean

has anyone tried the herpaflor remedies?? tablets and topical solutions ?? they advertise so well . sounds like bliss but i dont know. id really like to get off this acyclovir.

katb

If you are looking for natural remedies the following may help:

- zink ointment

- propolis

- melissa

- tea tree oil

queenie

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil? Upon my first outbreak, I didn't know what that first, one tiny spot was. I put a dab of Tea Tree Oil on it as that's what I usually did for shaving nicks or ingrowns because I assumed that's what it was. But oh my-- it STUNG!! It wasn't the essential oil iteslf though-- is that it? I'm just wondering about its effectiveness.

queenie

maybe burning is good??:confused:

shockedgirl08

I am trying to figure out what might help me to take.. and how many to take... anyone help?

where do you get tea tree oil and pure vitamin e to put on the sores

desde

Dmso

I just thought I would share my experience with natural medicines--I have had herpes for 9 years, and initially I used acyclovir, etc. But I rarely got recurrences, until about a year and a half ago. It's been a very stressful period of time, which I believe has triggered these recurrences. So since I started using natural medicines for other problems a couple years ago, I decided to start looking for natural medicines for herpes when the recurrences started. I bought a book by William Fharel, and he recommends using a combination of DMSO cream on the outbreak site, plus at the base of the spine, (several times a day during outbreaks, and then every couple of months)... plus using oxygenated water. So When I first started, I used the program completely, and didn't have any outbreaks during that time (which isn't completely out of the ordinary--because I never had frequent outbreaks). Anyway, I stopped oxygenating my water, and haven't used the DMSO for a long time. I then had a recurrence, and started using the DMSO every couple hours, and within 48 hours, the sore was almost completely healed. I did start using the DMSO at the very first sign of the outbreak, and didn't wait. So my experience has been good with it, and it seems like it works just as well as (or better than) Valtrex, without the big price tag. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my experience!

HC-Support-Team

DMSO not recommended!

he recommends using a combination of DMSO cream on the outbreak site, plus at the base of the spine, (several times a day during outbreaks, and then every couple of months)...

Hi desde,

Welcome to the forum :)

We appreciate your feedback but strongly do NOT recommend this treatment approach due to its known potenial dangers.

You can find more information by searching previous threads on the forum and the Herpes Homepage also has a relevant article here: http://racoon.com/herpes/main/dmso.htm

A full list of related articles on DMSO can be found here: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_treatments.htm

Hope this helps,

Shenda