World's Largest Herpes Support Group
PeaceNeeded

Are these my "secondary" outbreaks or what? [PICS]

PeaceNeeded

Hello, I am HSV2 positive, though never got again the exactly kind of pimples of my first outbreak, I do sometimes get something like in the pic you can see attached.

Non itchy (though since infection I do have some tingle now and then), and no painful, they are just that sort of "goosebumps" on my glans.   Day don't last much, also had the feeling that they DEintensify after masturbation.

Should I accept that this is what my "regular" outbreaks look like? IS this some other thing? Irritation, allergy?

Thanks

bumpsglansok.jpg

rush82

Have you ever got them swabbed?

Did you ever have anything similar before you were positive?

mconcerned1986

They don’t seem like herpes

PeaceNeeded
2 hours ago, rush82 said:

Have you ever got them swabbed?

Did you ever have anything similar before you were positive?

I don’t remember ever had something like this before getting H.

Can you swab even if there’s no fluid? They usually last 1/2 days. But if I look closely they’re always there, just sometimes seem to increase in size. I am more convinced that got a ‘new’ or rare form of H from that girl.

WilsoInAus

I wouldn’t be convinced that you have HSV-2 yet. Might be best to get a Westernblot to confirm status. 

PeaceNeeded

Hi Wilson, why in six months my HSV2 IGG went from 0,5 to Positive? Could this be HPV (only std I didn’t test) and alter HSV2 values?

mconcerned1986

This manifestation does not look like it.. these look something like glands or stuff like that... as Will suggested get Western and don’t live in this limbo for ever.. get it once for all and be peaceful.. for herpes they stay atleast couple of days like 5-8? 

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, PeaceNeeded said:

Hi Wilson, why in six months my HSV2 IGG went from 0,5 to Positive? Could this be HPV (only std I didn’t test) and alter HSV2 values?

I think it is more a case that about 1 in 4 tests result in a false positive, a low positive. You've had quite a few tests so one of them was bound to turn a low positive owing to proteins that are in the blood from time to time. Whatever is causing the HSV-2 positive will not be related to HPV.

PeaceNeeded
7 hours ago, Puni said:

I have exactly similar symptoms with me. 

I got it from a sex worker in asia, through an oral (is the only unprotected thing I can recall).

I start to think we have an herpes variety.

But I see you’re positive to HSV1, My HSV1 is negative, only have type 2.

PeaceNeeded
49 minutes ago, Quest said:

Thanks Quest. I hoped for months that my condition wasn’t Herpes. But we should start think that this virus can present in many forms. I tested for lot of stds and visited more than a dermatologist. None was able to tell me what’s going on (judging by pics). 

The only sure thing is that my first ob and these spots of the pics here are symptoms I never had in my life before having intercourse with those sex workers.

I think this is indeed herpes, not in the typical form maybe, but a mild or ‘new’ form (or adapted to my body defense).

Looking at your link cannot think of other causes. (also because more than 7 months passed since exposure).

WilsoInAus

I doubt very much it’s herpes, please obtain a Westerblot. 

How many IgG tests have uou had since the episode?

PeaceNeeded

Three (1st  IGG negative 0,50 but IGM already positive, 2nd equivocal with value ‘1’, and 3rd ‘Positive’ with IGM ‘negative’). I want sure do another one ‘cause didn’t like that the last one came without value. But I also know that numbers don’t mean much, I mean even if is a ‘low positive’ you have it and most important are contagious for partners.

WilsoInAus

No, if low positive, an infection is not confirmed. About 50% of people with values of less than 3.5 are not infected.

Quest
Posted (edited)

We pinned down what this was and I forgot what it was and don't feel like searching. A dermatologist will not diagnose these spots as hsv. @WilsoInAus or @Scooby2112  Was on the thread. Do you guys remember what it was? These bumps will be more pronounced when blood runs in the penis. My boyfriend had them and he has always been negative for HSV 2

I wish you peace. I think you will do well either way.

Edited by Quest

Quest
Posted (edited)

Yes or Fordyce spots. Thanks Wilso. His are so small it is hard to know which direction they will go https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/mens-health/what-is-this-lump-on-my-penis/#fordyce-spots

Fordyce spots are small yellowish or white spots on the head or shaft of the penis. Fordyce spots are sebaceous glands (tiny glands found near the surface of your skin) without hair follicles.

They can also appear on the inside of the cheeks or on the lips, and are present in 80 to 95% of adults. Fordyce spots are generally harmless and don't need treatment

Edited by Quest

Puni

@PeaceNeeded what symptoms do you experience daily, I experience nerve pain and tingling in pelvic area.

Even I got this from unprotected oral sex, and I can remember her having a healing outbreak in her mouth. 

PeaceNeeded

@Puni honestly don't remember her mouth... it was late and I was really silly in picking her, sure not the most "healthy" I could find...

About my glans I am sure that something happened, besides the initial outbreak (that looked more like a balanitis with bumpy little pimples) and the mild tingling I got (later, not during first ob days)...

But I think that my HSV2 IGM and IGG are precise enough... I will do a 4th test in september to check the numeric value but don't think this will change much.

Found two interesting pics on internet

This refered as balanitis candidomycetica https://goo.gl/images/vWkq3d

And this very similar to my condition too captioned as Herpes on some (dubious)website: https://goo.gl/images/hdndpT

cloud2017

Hi,

My penis also looks very similar. The bumps are always there, they never go off. My blood test has been positive for HSV1 with value of 3.67.

Out of 3 doctors who examined my penis, two confidently said I don't have herpes. Third doctors was doubtful after seeing blood test.

I always have burning sensation. Sometimes more and sometimes less. But 80% of the time I feel its burning to some degree.

PeaceNeeded
1 hour ago, cloud2017 said:

Hi,

My penis also looks very similar. The bumps are always there, they never go off. My blood test has been positive for HSV1 with value of 3.67.

Out of 3 doctors who examined my penis, two confidently said I don't have herpes. Third doctors was doubtful after seeing blood test.

I always have burning sensation. Sometimes more and sometimes less. But 80% of the time I feel its burning to some degree.

Hi cloud,

mine is HSv2, anyways can you exactly recall if the bumps appeared after the intercourse that gave you hsv1? Or you can't be sure about times between events?

Do they sometimes shrink in size? (e.g. at the moment mines are not as prominent as in the picture above)

thanks!

cloud2017
On 8/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, PeaceNeeded said:

Hi cloud,

mine is HSv2, anyways can you exactly recall if the bumps appeared after the intercourse that gave you hsv1? Or you can't be sure about times between events?

Do they sometimes shrink in size? (e.g. at the moment mines are not as prominent as in the picture above)

thanks!

@PeaceNeeded

cloud2017

I started getting these bumps after 10 days having protected sex with couple of hookers. They don't change in size.

I asked my doctor to swab them. He said there is nothing to swab.

Before these bumps appeared, I had itching in the base of the penis. I think may be virus started to reach penis gland that way.