World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Hockeyawesome1

How long do wait for herpes antibodies to show up in blood stream

Hockeyawesome1

?

WilsoInAus

This varies by person. A Lyon of action happens from week 3 to week 4 when 50% of people seroconvert, that is, test positive having previously tested negative.

This climbs 10% a week for the next 4, such that you’re at 90% by week 8. The final 10% come in over the following 4 weeks. 

This is why 12 weeks is quoted as a testing window. Not because it takes long to make antibodies, but by that time somewhere between 95-100% of people would test positive after infection.

But that begs the question, what do you want to do with this information?

normakiut

It depends, I have GHSV2, I got a blood test 3 months after exposure and it came negative for both hsv1 and 2 because I was on AVs and medication can interfere with the development of antibodies because it decreases virus replication so I'm not sure if I have antibodies now, I just suspended valacyclovir last month. I guess I'll get a blood test in 2 months or so to see if I've developed them by then. 

WilsoInAus

Most unlikely. You have an established oral HSV-1 infection. 

Many people think eyelid issues or styes and similar sores around the eyes are herpes, but they aren’t.

Ocular herpes is a serious issue that results from the virus travelling up the optic nerve to behind the retina. There are no external issues.

G77
22 minutes ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

I think I got herpes in my eyes

Do you think it's in the eye or around the eyes? My brother had alot of coldsores around his mouth as a child and used to itch them and then itch his eyes and he got it all around his eyes. Confirmed with a swab by the doc but he hasnt had any problems as an adult with it 

Hockeyawesome1

41 minutes ago, G77 said:

Do you think it's in the eye or around the eyes? My brother had alot of coldsores around his mouth as a child and used to itch them and then itch his eyes and he got it all around his eyes. Confirmed with a swab by the doc but he hasnt had any problems as an adult with it 

Is there a cure for eye herpes? 

G77

There is no cure for any herpes but over time your body usually gets used to it and you suffer less outbreaks or none at all 

MarieVasquez

Yes, I agree with you there is no permanent treatment for it but you can star the medicine that will reduce the effect.

Ryan M.
On 8/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, Hockeyawesome1 said:

Cure within 10 years likely?

Sadly no. The reason it is not likely is that it takes about ten years for medications to pass FDA approval, so even if they had something that looked really promising right now, which they don't, it would take ten years just to get it to market. A broad spectrum antiviral could be ready in 15 or 20 years. Or perhaps epigenetic or nanobot technology. But it is a way off. I think we may see a cure in our lifetimes, but I'll be in my 60's or 70's by then!

lali
On 8/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, Ryan M. said:

Sadly no. The reason it is not likely is that it takes about ten years for medications to pass FDA approval, so even if they had something that looked really promising right now, which they don't, it would take ten years just to get it to market. A broad spectrum antiviral could be ready in 15 or 20 years. Or perhaps epigenetic or nanobot technology. But it is a way off. I think we may see a cure in our lifetimes, but I'll be in my 60's or 70's by then!

Unless its fast track like pritelivir right now :)