World's Largest Herpes Support Group
hellohello111

Amenamevir

hellohello111

I just started reading about this but unfortunately I’m a psych major and am unable to comprehend the scientific narrative associated with the research and findings. 

Can anyone explain this to me in lay terms of which drug this is, is it available on the market, is it effective for hsv1? Thank you to anyone that can help. 

Dilan Melia

Yes,  that drug used to treat shingles.  But also can be used for genital herpes.  Still,  this drug do not cure your condition. 

hellohello111
26 minutes ago, Dilan Melia said:

Yes,  that drug used to treat shingles.  But also can be used for genital herpes.  Still,  this drug do not cure your condition. 

Thank you sir. Is it available to be prescribed by my doctor?

Divon
1 hour ago, hellohello111 said:

Thank you sir. Is it available to be prescribed by my doctor?

Its superior in effect to Valtrex but has huge issues such as even getting it outside Japan and the enormous cost. Also seems to be reported to have greater side effects.

hellohello111
29 minutes ago, Divon said:

Its superior in effect to Valtrex but has huge issues such as even getting it outside Japan and the enormous cost. Also seems to be reported to have greater side effects.

Thank you for the help. I also read it’s similar to Pritelivir which is close to hitting our market. Guess I’ll just wait for that. 

Divon
22 hours ago, hellohello111 said:

Thank you for the help. I also read it’s similar to Pritelivir which is close to hitting our market. Guess I’ll just wait for that. 

No pritelivir is not close to hitting the market yet.

Hockeyawesome1
12 minutes ago, Divon said:

No pritelivir is not close to hitting the market yet.

1-2 years 

Divon
Just now, Hockeyawesome1 said:

1-2 years 

source on that? For something to hit the market they need to complete the biggest phase which is phase 3 no? Do we even have Phase 2b results from the immunocompromised testings ?

hellohello111
1 hour ago, Divon said:

source on that? For something to hit the market they need to complete the biggest phase which is phase 3 no? Do we even have Phase 2b results from the immunocompromised testings ?

If you read the fast track status of Pritelivir and the assesment from Dr Bloom’s research, it shows the estimation of market availablity in 2020. 

Yes, phase three is the biggest and longest but given the fast track it will be approved faster than you think  

dont quit!17
On 8/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, hellohello111 said:

That is the best hope right now and probably for the next 10-15 years. The only thing that sucks about new drugs is that there aren't any long term safety studies. CRISPR still needs to be fine tuned and unless one of these Bio companies hits a homerun then even this may take a good decade to get close to curing it. But Pritelivir, can bring us some sense of normalcy until the cure. Pritelivir can probably even knock out a lot of the stigma surrounding HSV especially to those who choose to be educated about it. 

Divon

Yupp that is very true. BX### might come out in some form too later on. If that is safe its gonna be even better I would assume. I think blisters will be easy to treat away in a near future but the itching Im not optimistic about.:/

hellohello111

That’s what I’m saying. I’ve had this virus for so long I wouldn’t know what to do without it. Pritelivir is a cure for me. I don’t care about taking a pill everyday for the rest of my life if it eliminates outbreaks and lessens my chance of passing it on. I would like to spend the remainder of my life enjoying the good things so Pritelivir is my hope for that. 

Dutchy
4 hours ago, hellohello111 said:

That’s what I’m saying. I’ve had this virus for so long I wouldn’t know what to do without it. Pritelivir is a cure for me. I don’t care about taking a pill everyday for the rest of my life if it eliminates outbreaks and lessens my chance of passing it on. I would like to spend the remainder of my life enjoying the good things so Pritelivir is my hope for that. 

Why is pritelivir vetter than aciclovir?

hellohello111
8 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Why is pritelivir vetter than aciclovir?

Just going off the science, it works doubly hard as valtrex and is even successful with immunocompromised patients.  

brookeb300

I’m just worried it will be hard to get if it is only for immunocompromised people

hellohello111

It’s not only for them. It was fast tracked through the FDA for these people but if approved it would be available for everyone. 

dont quit!17
14 hours ago, hellohello111 said:

The interesting thing is that one of the studies had a dose of 400mg weekly (if I recall correctly). That would be awesome. 

hellohello111

I know, 400mg would be awesome. Just patiently waiting on word from the company or FDA on its status. 

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, hellohello111 said:

I know, 400mg would be awesome. Just patiently waiting on word from the company or FDA on its status. 

Take 400mg every Sunday and a low dose valtrex daily and that may be a functional cure. Functional cure=Peace of Mind. We would just need bomb ass medical insurance until Pritelivir goes generic. 

Freefalling87
13 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Take 400mg every Sunday and a low dose valtrex daily and that may be a functional cure. Functional cure=Peace of Mind. We would just need bomb ass medical insurance until Pritelivir goes generic. 

That would take 20 years for that to happen. Not sure when the drug was invented, but the 20 years starts from when they patented the drug. At least some of the 20 year timeline has been reduced. :) 

hellohello111
2 hours ago, Freefalling87 said:

That would take 20 years for that to happen. Not sure when the drug was invented, but the 20 years starts from when they patented the drug. At least some of the 20 year timeline has been reduced. :) 

The drug was patented as early as 10+ years ago. I think 12. Nevertheless we could still purchase the non-generic version until the generic came out which is fine with me. 

Dilan Melia
19 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Is there any study about this dosage?  That if you take 400mg every Sunday and a low dose (how many dose?)  valtrex daily = functional cure.  I would be interested to know.  As far as i know,  i haven't find that kind of information

dont quit!17
23 hours ago, Dilan Melia said:

Is there any study about this dosage?  That if you take 400mg every Sunday and a low dose (how many dose?)  valtrex daily = functional cure.  I would be interested to know.  As far as i know,  i haven't find that kind of information

I'm speculating that a synergistic effect would null shedding to close to nothing if not 0%. Pritelivir does a good job in itself but using a low dose Valtrex in addition to Pritelivir may also reduce chances of gaining resistance to Pritelivir. Again I'm reaching a bit but nonetheless possible scenarios. All this would have to go through a clinical trial which would benefit Aicuris which could in the future market a functional cure until they figure the whole CRISPR thing out. 

*The 400 mg Pritelivir dose was used weekly. It wasn't the strongest of the all the doses used but indeed very effective and it beats taking a pill every day. We would probably forget that we had HSV until our cell phone alarm came on Sunday evening to remind us to take  our weekly dose. 

*I'm also guessing condoms + Pritelivir would have next to no chance of transmission. 

*This is my hope. We all need hope. I think we can all agree on this. 

dont quit!17
On 8/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, Freefalling87 said:

Nice bit of information

lvlvlv4
16 minutes ago, dont quit!17 said:

I'm speculating that a synergistic effect would null shedding to close to nothing if not 0%. Pritelivir does a good job in itself but using a low dose Valtrex in addition to Pritelivir may also reduce chances of gaining resistance to Pritelivir. Again I'm reaching a bit but nonetheless possible scenarios. All this would have to go through a clinical trial which would benefit Aicuris which could in the future market a functional cure until they figure the whole CRISPR thing out. 

*The 400 mg Pritelivir dose was used weekly. It wasn't the strongest of the all the doses used but indeed very effective and it beats taking a pill every day. We would probably forget that we had HSV until our cell phone alarm came on Sunday evening to remind us to take  our weekly dose. 

*I'm also guessing condoms + Pritelivir would have next to no chance of transmission. 

*This is my hope. We all need hope. I think we can all agree on this. 

Based on current HIV treatment, I would imagine they will create a one-pill combo of pritelivir and valtrex and sell it as a daily pill. But once a week pritelivir + valtrex might also work in the meantime.