World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Hockeyawesome1

How likely is it that we will see a cure within the next 10 years?

Hockeyawesome1

Thoughts anyone?

WilsoInAus

28.76%

What ought one do with this information?

Hockeyawesome1
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

28.76%

What ought one do with this information?

I don’t want to become addicted to this website like you. You spend a lot of time on it. I just found out I was infected with the virus.

GHSV?

I don’t think you should bash people that are on here a lot, helping to answer questions. If you don’t want to be here then get off. If you want help then here’s a place for help. I came here for help with my questions, and am anxiously waiting for a seasoned person to answer

Hockeyawesome1

There will probably be a cure by 2030-2040

WilsoInAus

But I’m serious mate, of what possible impact on anyone’s life does it matter when there is a ‘cure’.

Thats why we are here to help people live for now.

Rember as Yoda said” All his life has he looked away…to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.”

hellohello111
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

But I’m serious mate, of what possible impact on anyone’s life does it matter when there is a ‘cure’.

Thats why we are here to help people live for now.

Rember as Yoda said” All his life has he looked away…to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.”

What the hell are you talking about? Lol

You're right to help people live for now. We have to live with this affliction but it doesn’t hurt to hope. Let’s be real, we are easily within reach of something tangible. 

Dilan Melia

But at least we can find something that can help to eradicate symptoms and transmission completely!  ,  even if we will not find the cure in the near future.  That will help our lives A LOT!  

Lee900

I believe there would be advancements made but not a cure as of yet. All of the resources are being put into finding a cure for hsv2 and other deadly diseases. Herpes is at the bottom of the list.

Ryan M.
On 8/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, Hockeyawesome1 said:

I don’t want to become addicted to this website like you. You spend a lot of time on it. I just found out I was infected with the virus.

Some people come here to help others who are newly infected. There is absolutely no call to be a dick about this. If you don't find a community of people who are willing to talk to one another about this condition helpful, then you shouldn't be here. 

Trace67

A newborn might see a cure but for those over 20 probably not in their lifetime. Perhaps better antivirals might come but not all that soon. Of course, no one really knows.  That’s why it's so cool.

oneday

FDA is super corrupt. It's run by the elite rich of the world (less than the top 1% rich). These people don't want population growth or help the majority of the population. They're about money and more money. The cure won't come out of the U.S.. that's 100% my opinion and perspective as a well informed health professional with years of seeing how the corrupt system works.

Southwestrancher
1 hour ago, oneday said:

FDA is super corrupt. It's run by the elite rich of the world (less than the top 1% rich). These people don't want population growth or help the majority of the population. They're about money and more money. The cure won't come out of the U.S.. that's 100% my opinion and perspective as a well informed health professional with years of seeing how the corrupt system works.

I never thought poorly of my country until I was poisoned with this disease. I really can't put into words how much it's hurt the respect I had of my politicians, my government, etc. I still love my country and expect it to get better but.....

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Southwestrancher said:

I never thought poorly of my country until I was poisoned with this disease. I really can't put into words how much it's hurt the respect I had of my politicians, my government, etc. I still love my country and expect it to get better but.....

What has your or any country got to do with human viruses?

You will carry maybe over 100 different viruses over your lifetime. So what?

The values and principles and social fabric of a society are not in any way compromised by the proportion of people within that have HSV.

Life is for living; let’s party.

Southwestrancher
4 hours ago, Trace67 said:

A newborn might see a cure but for those over 20 probably not in their lifetime. Perhaps better antivirals might come but not all that soon. Of course, no one really knows.  That’s why it's so cool.

Do you read the progress that's being made every day in the area of disease? 

Southwestrancher
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

What has your or any country got to do with human viruses?

You will carry maybe over 100 different viruses over your lifetime. So what?

The values and principles and social fabric of a society are not in any way compromised by the proportion of people within that have HSV.

Life is for living; let’s party.

What has my country got to do with human viruses? They have an obligation to do everything they can to make the lives of its citizens better. That's why they're elected and placed in positions to do just that. Curing disease should be much higher up on their to-do list. IMHO....... I never said the values and principles and social fabric of a society ARE in any way compromised by the proportion of people within that have HSV...... HSV2 is a terrible, life changing disease, like other diseases, that severely impact a lot of people in our society and more should be done about it. IMHO, Mr. Know-it-All.

WilsoInAus

But what about cancer?

Mate this is not life threatening, suck it up a bit and think about those who live in a less fortunate country or those with cancer.

Southwestrancher

Do you really feel a need to minimize everyone else's feelings about everything anyone posts on this site. Why do you do it? You tell everyone that posts on this site that "life is for living", "have a party", etc. Why don't YOU go have a party and let people post what concerns them. You do it 24/7 as if you need to validate how awesome your life is with this disease. Congratulations. Glad you're having a ball with it. Some people, including myself, really don't want some twit telling them to "suck it up". Try sucking it up yourself and keep your big mouth shut about how someone else should be feeling about a disease they've been stricken with. Eh, mate.

WilsoInAus
Posted (edited)

Why bother coming to a website to read what you want to read and have people go "oh you poor diseased pet".

I do not minimise feelings, I evoke them as your post clearly shows, let it out, that's the point!

You come here for challenge, for diversity, for a way of thinking and perspectives different than your own. What would be the point if you weren't challenged?

How else will you grow? How else will you learn?

And yes "life is for living" and yes you have to tell it to yourself every day just like the good Lord told us to.

Join us mate, join the living. There is no utility in negativity.

Edited by WilsoInAus

Southwestrancher

You're a dick and everyone on this site knows it......mate.

WilsoInAus

And I am what I am.

You are the sum total of your words and actions. Is this the man you want to be?

Hall you

As far as a cure which mines the virus be  eradicate from our body no because it’s very complex maybe 30 or 40 however as far as transmission and outbreaks yes within 10 I truly believe it will be one 

Trace67
19 hours ago, Southwestrancher said:

Do you read the progress that's being made every day in the area of disease? 

Yes, and I also know of the progress not being made, and the hurdles to come. While none of us know the year that a cure will come, I do feel confident that it won't happen in 10 years. You guys all screamed at each other over the stupid Australian vaccine. Anyone that dared to say it wasn’t a cure was attacked by all you experts that believe every piece of progress reported on the internet is God himself with a cure. Here is a little news flash for you guys. They’ve been making progress since the microscope was invented, but it doesn’t mean that a cure is imminent. These types of post are kind of stupid anyway. I believe there are hundreds of them with the same stupid speculation and arguing but here is a fact for you. If you tally up all of those threads and keep score, then you'll see the naysayers are the clear winner 100 % of the time, UNFORTUNATELY. Ten year predictions are fairly easy to make based on current science and time for clinical trials and market preparation. Beyond that is a bit trickier and mostly speculation. It's so speculative that it's not even worth arguing about it.