World's Largest Herpes Support Group
NewToTheHive

Can I use someone else’s shower or bath tub?

NewToTheHive

HELP! So I just thought about this. Tonight is my first night house sitting for my sister (she is out of town) I need a shower (ide prefer to take a bath because of my pain from my sores) but is it safe for me to use their bath tub or shower? They will be gone all weekend, but I don’t know how long the virus can live outside the body and if there are cleaners that can kill it? They only have one shower at their house, but it doubles as a jacuzzi bath tub. So I’m wondering if it’s ok for me to shower or bathe while I’m there or if I’m putting them at risk if they decide to take a bath when they come back. If I am, I will drive to the gym to shower if I have to, but I really need to shower and wash myself 

jermhoop

Use the shower and tub, spray it with some lysol disinfectant spray or wash it down with soap, that will do the trick. You'll be fine.

NewToTheHive

I figured something out that I thought would make it even safer. I decided to take a bath, but I put my T-shirt down, and am sitting on that in the tub. That way none of my sores are coming into contact with the tub. I’m still going to dis infect really well also tho. Thank you @jermhoop

WilsoInAus

There is no need for any of this. Any copies of the virus if present would not transfer and simply wash away. Even floating away, the virus is not infectious in a practical sense. Skin to skin contact with billions of copies of the virus are needed!