World's Largest Herpes Support Group
priorwalter

Excision Bio updated website info

Atrapasueños

no se porque siempre malinterpretas lo que digo, si nombre a keith jerome  fue porque el pudo detener la replicación en neuronas a un grado de 2% - 4% así que jerome hizo su publicación para que se basaran en su estudio y perfeccionar la técnica ya sea con endunucleasas o cripr cas me cuesta mucho el idioma inglés y aún así estoy aquí tratando de informar si tienes buenos deseos también puedes leer o tratar de traducir mis palabras en español no todo lo malinterpretes

@Cas9 I do not know why you always misunderstand what I say, if you name keith jerome it was because he could stop the replication in neurons to a degree of 2% - 4% so jerome made his publication so that they would be based on his study and perfect the technique already be with endunucleasas or cripr cas it costs me a lot the English language and still I am here trying to inform if you have good wishes you can also read or try to translate my words in Spanish do not misunderstand everything

BulaHope

Before another mudslinging match starts can I just say 'let's all try be nice' as I for one learn a lot from the technical parts of discussions like this one, and it's a shame if it gets ruined by overreactions to misunderstandings, and even more of a shame if it means someone who may have things to contribute (at least to those who don't know as much as others) decided to stay silent because of it. 

Trace67
On 8/14/2018 at 8:16 AM, hopeful22 said:

I was going to post something about this but I figure this should help people understand before this thread goes haywire. 

CAS12A remember cas12a 

Instead of CRISPR cas9 crispr cas12a is a more precise and deemed more safe. 

In the past couple weeks CRISPR has had a lot of bad publicity over new research, but last week it was discovered that another enzyme CAS12A is very precise and safe. 

I am guessing that Excisionbio is going to switch gears and start using CAS12A instead of cas9

please see the article published last week. 

https://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-highlights/crispr-cas12a-more-precise-than-crispr-cas9/81256099

Not true.

They said it might be safer but not necessarily safe. You guys need to comprehend what you read. No one knows if it will prove safe for humans. Safer than doesn't equate to safe. They have a long way to go and may yet find something safer than CAS12A, and yet it may not be safe for humans either.

35hope
55 minutes ago, Trace67 said:

Not true.

They said it might be safer but not necessarily safe. You guys need to comprehend what you read. No one knows if it will prove safe for humans. Safer than doesn't equate to safe. They have a long way to go and may yet find something safer than CAS12A, and yet it may not be safe for humans either.

well we won't know till human trails happen from the companies that are researching crispr if its safe or not. 

dont quit!17
On 8/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, priorwalter said:

Looks like Excision Biotherapeutics revamped their website in the last few days. On the pipeline page it's now estimated that their HSV1 and HSV2 phase 1 trials will begin in 2021. Also, though I'm not sure what metrics they're basing this on, they've listed preclinical efficacy of their treatments showing their HSV1 trials have been more effective than HSV2. Anyone been able to successfully contact Excision about their research? 

https://excisionbio.com/pipeline/

Not surprised, I figured the studies would be delayed. In the meantime, an effective treatment for HIV may be a good sign for those hopeful for an effective HSV treatment. 2019 HIV trials will be pretty interesting to view from the sidelines. Hopefully they are successful with their trial. 

dont quit!17
On 8/14/2018 at 1:05 AM, friendlyboy said:

LOL

Those bars don't say anything about effectivenes. They are an indicator about how far they have gotten in the preclinical efficacy studies stage.

Thats what I figured too, haha

MikeHerp

This is no great surprise that HSV is pushed back in ExcisionBio's pipeline.  I'd be surprised if it isn't pushed back again.

The chart they put out is painfully uninformative.  Sloppy.  And that's a red flag in and of itself.

My guess is that those arrows are progress rather than efficiency, but it's not completely clear.  But if a scientific company can't get this chart right, then I really wonder what other mistakes they are making.

I don't have a ton of confidence in this.  But we'll see.  I'm glad that it seems they are trying to do something.  I think CRISPR could be a solution to HSV (some kind of solution).  But I question whether it will be ExcisionBio that makes it in the end.  

infoguy123

I was thinking about the human trials for Hsv1/2. I'm guessing that a successful CRISPR medicine either just works or doesn't. So once it kicks in, there would be zero outbreaks and zero shedding.

It's just a nice hopeful way of thinking about it...7 years to market or whatever sounds like a very long time, but it would be awesome to hear in 2021 that 50 participants in a clinical trial have had completely negative swabs for 6 months.

So maybe someone knowledgeable about this can comment..or make a nice long informative post about it :)

Like is this the way it would go?...Or are there other hurdles/possibilities?

@Cas9 hey just thought I'd mention you. You don't have to reply and ofcourse more people can

35hope
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, infoguy123 said:

I was thinking about the human trials for Hsv1/2. I'm guessing that a successful CRISPR medicine either just works or doesn't. So once it kicks in, there would be zero outbreaks and zero shedding.

It's just a nice hopeful way of thinking about it...7 years to market or whatever sounds like a very long time, but it would be awesome to hear in 2021 that 50 participants in a clinical trial have had completely negative swabs for 6 months.

So maybe someone knowledgeable about this can comment..or make a nice long informative post about it :)

Like is this the way it would go?...Or are there other hurdles/possibilities?

@Cas9 hey just thought I'd mention you. You don't have to reply and ofcourse more people can

The information on hsv is vague to my understanding, like theres a active and latent version of the virus dna and the rolls they play, i would like to know if the active dna sticks around in the the nerve cells after being replicated by the latent dna or do they admittedly leave the nerve cells to infect the skin cells.

And for crispr therapy, since scientist can't get to the latent virus effectively and must target the active version. I wonder about crispr, will it stick around inside the nerve cell and wait for the active virus to appear or will it float around outside the nerve ending where it meets the skin and attack the active virus as it try to infect the skin cells like antibodies do. If it's going to wait outside the nerve cell i think a vaccine would probably be better than crispr but if it stay inside the nerve neuron to deactivate the active dna would the disable dna stay inside the nerve cell or travel to the skin and just shed out of the body and do no harm, this is sort of important because if it stay in the nerve cell wouldnt it get overcrowded with junk viral dna and end up killing the cell? that would be a bad thing and cause serious side effects if not death to the host itself.

Those are the things i would like to be cleared up with the information on hsv therapeutic research.

Edited by 35hope

JJ2017

are we looking into that table too much?? could that table just show how far each item is in preclinical ?