World's Largest Herpes Support Group
mjp5

Side effects of acyclovir

mjp5

For those of you who have been on acyclovir for a while, do the side effects,  nausea, vomiting and  diarrhea, ever go away? 

WilsoInAus

Nausea is a not uncommon symptom that a few percent of people experience for a couple of weeks. Vomiting and diarrhoea are not really symptoms of acyclovir and would much more likely have another cause. (The pack lists the standard effects that are required for pretty much all medicines).

It may be worth questioning your need for antivirals though if there is a stress associated with taking it. Have you got your test results back yet.

mjp5

Thank you!  Haven’t got test results back yet..,waiting.  

Thanks for the info.    

Sanguine108
22 hours ago, mjp5 said:

For those of you who have been on acyclovir for a while, do the side effects,  nausea, vomiting and  diarrhea, ever go away? 

I felt like shit on acyclovirValtrex (valacyclovir) has been a much different and much better experience.

mjp5
1 hour ago, Sanguine108 said:

I felt like shit on acyclovirValtrex (valacyclovir) has been a much different and much better experience.

Thank you for info

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Sanguine108 said:

But you do not have herpes, nor have you ever advocated the use of antivirals or even suggested that you have used them. Maybe that was amongst all the posts you have hidden?

Please explain the relevance of this comment. Lift man lift, there is nothing wrong with living the truth, be the truth, let it guide you in life.

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, Sanguine108 said:

Actually this is very serious, previously you wrote the following, can you please provide an explanation??

Sanguine108 said:

You are a damn idiot to believe that taking an Acyclovir or Valtrex won't affect a developing fetus.  When I took Acyclovir, my back hurt (where my kidneys are), my head was uneasy and it was uncomfortable to urinate.  None of that happens with SJW.  SJW upregulates all neurological activity so yeah it probably wouldn't be the best thing to take while pregnant.  Who knows how that affects a developing fetus, for better or worse.   ...But I've yet met a pregnant woman who wasn't questioning/researching supplements that she might take.  Oh, and you can be damn sure that whatever the mother experiences from a substance the developing fetus experiences as well.  And while mom-to-be is 'developmentally stable', the developing fetus is rich with critical periods in development that are paving the way for how he/she will be in the future.

But fuck me, what do I know?  What does Rx list say about Valtrex side effects?

Valtrex is available in generic form. Side effects of Valtrex include:

Postmarketing Experience

In addition to adverse events reported from clinical trials, the following events have been identified during postmarketing use of VALTREX. Because they are reported voluntarily from a population of unknown size, estimates of frequency cannot be made. These events have been chosen for inclusion due to a combination of their seriousness, frequency of reporting, or potential causal connection to VALTREX.

General: Facial edema, hypertension, tachycardia.

Allergic: Acute hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis, angioedema, dyspnea, pruritus, rash, and urticaria [see CONTRAINDICATIONS].

CNS Symptoms: Aggressive behavior; agitation; ataxia; coma; confusion; decreased consciousness; dysarthria; encephalopathy; mania; and psychosis, including auditory and visual hallucinations, seizures, tremors [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, Use In Specific Populations].

Eye: Visual abnormalities.

Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea.

Hepatobiliary Tract and Pancreas: Liver enzyme abnormalities, hepatitis.

Renal: Renal failure, renal pain (may be associated with renal failure) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, Use in Specific Populations].

Hematologic: Thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, leukocytoclastic vasculitis, TTP/HUS [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].

Skin: Erythema multiforme, rashes including photosensitivity, alopecia.

Holy shit, I found the Devil and he lives in Valtrex!!

Sanguine108

Well, I hadn't used Valtrex until recently.   My experience prior was only with Acyclovir, which gave me low back pain, urinary discomfort, nausea and overall feeling of uneasiness.

So like any sane person, I looked for a natural alternative that helped at the time.

More recently, I had some serious flare ups and Valtrex came to my rescue without any of the side-effects that I experienced with acyclovir.

Sanguine108
On 8/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, WilsoInAus said:

But you do not have herpes

It would be nice if you'd stop harassing me, along w other members of the community.  Guess it'd be too much to ask for assuming you're an adult n' all.

WilsoInAus
Posted (edited)

@Sanguine108 I’m sorry but you’re behaviour as an adult is simply unacceptable. You have been called out multiple times yet the nonsense continues and everyone here has had a absolute gutful.

It is YOU who is harasssing people with your lies and delusions.

Please leave people alone with your fake stories.

Please... Thank you.

All we ask is for one website that is free from the shit that pervades the internet, free from the defecation that you bring.

Is this TOO MUCH to ask for?

Is this TOO MUCH to ask for?

What did we do to deserve so much disrespect, so much anger, so much delusion, so much falsehood?

Don't we deserve better?

It is YOU that is not behaving as an adult. Adults don't paste vitriolic nonsense about say Valtrex as you did then suddenly turn around and try it?

Adults do not delete their posts and recreate a different past for themselves.

Adults take accountability for their actions and show compassion to others and actually grow as people.

Until that time, you have no credibility in smirking around the internet and accusing others of not being an adult.

Only YOU have brought this upon yourself.

Grow man, grow, you can do it! We are all rooting for you!

Edited by WilsoInAus

Sanguine108

k buddy

you and everyone else has my full permission to ask mods/admins for log records of any posts/threads I've modified and/or deleted, including the content. lol, enjoy the anti-climatic result.

WilsoInAus
54 minutes ago, Sanguine108 said:

k buddy

you and everyone else has my full permission to ask mods/admins for log records of any posts/threads I've modified and/or deleted, including the content. lol, enjoy the anti-climatic result.

This isn't about anyone else, but YOU - YOU take accountability, YOU ask to have the posts restored, YOU own up for and take accountability for their content.

YOU mate, YOU.. you can do it, we are so close you can be the man you desire to be, it's time to grow!!