World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
whyme24

I Just Can't Get Over It

whyme24

i can not get over it. I did everything. I was very careful with my health. It shouldnt have happened.I cant forgive myself.I do everything to disctract my focus.I even bought a new car. My health was my treasure. Now i feel like i will be with this curse forever.I do everything i go out buy things.But at the end of the day i just cant forgive myself. It shouldnt have happened to me.Now thinking of buying a dog but i wont help either i know.I will never be the old me. What should i do?Pls someone show me a way...

GotMeAtLast

Yes a dog will help. It's great to come home and have my little guy greet me at the door. He does not care that I have it and he will never judge me. All he wants is a treat and good belly rub.

Cas9
5 hours ago, GotMeAtLast said:

Yes a dog will help. It's great to come home and have my little guy greet me at the door. He does not care that I have it and he will never judge me. All he wants is a treat and good belly rub.

I also would like a treat and a good belly rub

CanadianGuy
6 hours ago, whyme24 said:

i can not get over it. I did everything. I was very careful with my health. It shouldnt have happened.I cant forgive myself.I do everything to disctract my focus.I even bought a new car. My health was my treasure. Now i feel like i will be with this curse forever.I do everything i go out buy things.But at the end of the day i just cant forgive myself. It shouldnt have happened to me.Now thinking of buying a dog but i wont help either i know.I will never be the old me. What should i do?Pls someone show me a way...

I think you need to be thankful that it's not a serious and potentially fatal or dehabilitating  problem. You could have cancer, liver failure, kidney failure, HIV, paralysis, MS,  Parkinson's, ALS, etc. Try to keep some perspective and appreciate the health you still have. Easier said than done, I know. I've always bitched about small health problems until something else came along and dwarfed that issue.

whyme24
8 hours ago, CanadianGuy said:

I think you need to be thankful that it's not a serious and potentially fatal or dehabilitating  problem. You could have cancer, liver failure, kidney failure, HIV, paralysis, MS,  Parkinson's, ALS, etc. Try to keep some perspective and appreciate the health you still have. Easier said than done, I know. I've always bitched about small health problems until something else came along and dwarfed that issue.

I know. The thing is i am angry to myself. Coz i had a std before but that was curable. That should be it for me. I dont know still dreaming that i was carefull after that accident and my whole life would be way different.

Navywife83
On 8/18/2018 at 3:58 AM, whyme24 said:

I know. The thing is i am angry to myself. Coz i had a std before but that was curable. That should be it for me. I dont know still dreaming that i was carefull after that accident and my whole life would be way different.

Omg we are the same. I feel you 100%   I’ve had this for 7 years and I’m still trying to cope. We used a condom and everything. I’ve always been a good girl. I understand your frustrations. 

whyme24
5 hours ago, Navywife83 said:

Omg we are the same. I feel you 100%   I’ve had this for 7 years and I’m still trying to cope. We used a condom and everything. I’ve always been a good girl. I understand your frustrations. 

7 years and still trying to cope :( Thats too much for me.  We should find a way to forgive ourselves or i dont know make peace with our bad luck.

Mellisuga

Yeah, it is difficult to forget. I think the thing is just trying to find something else to become obsessed with - a project, or a goal. It is thinking about it all the time that does more harm than good. Define yourself by more than what you don't like. Find something that makes you excited and eager to pursue. Everyone has something about themselves they might be ashamed of, its just for us, we can chalk it up to a virus.

Reminding yourself of the facts - how common it is, and relatively harmless it can be - and then building yourself up from there and moving forward.