Recurring outbreaks, subtle symptoms and paranoia

Hi,

I’m a 31 year old female, ive had genital herpes for 12 years. I’m not sure if it’s 1 or 2. My outbreaks previously have only been about once per year. This year I keep getting recurrent outbreaks one after the other. And sometimes I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid. My outbreaks usually manifest themselves as feeling run down, aching legs, glands swelling in groin and itching and extra discharge. I rarely get visible sores. This year I have had one definite outbreak and then one after the other of very mild ones. As they are mild sometimes I feel like I just may be being paranoid. My life has changed drastically this year so it’s difficult to pin point the reasons this might be happening. I split from my bf of 6 years, had to move and have had stress at work so overall a stressful time. I stopped smoking in jan but started using a vape.  I stopped eating dairy in jan as I seem to be intolerant with stomach issues but I recently took up eating it again as I read that dairy can be good for herps. I had been taking valtrex daily for about 3 months but it didn’t make any difference and has made me feel like the same outbreak is lingering. There have been periods this year where I’ve had no symptoms but it’s very confusing and I don’t really know what to try. I always have taken lysine, multivitamin, turmeric and cos liver oil almost daily but I’ve just stopped taking everything recently as it feels hopeless. I stopped taking the pill but that was about 2 years ago so it can’t be that. Does anyone have experience with any of these things in particular with quitting smoking and dairy or Valdez not working or outbreaks getting worse even tho youve had it years and years ... ? Help :)

The smoking part is interresting to me. I have had this virus for over a year. When in winter i had a boyfriend that smoked i started smoking again and had no ob. This lasted for three months. When i decided that i wanted to quit smoking i had my first outbreak. Than there was a period that i smoked of and on. Now i quit again and ob after ob. Serious this is very interesting to me. I thought i was just kidding myself with this one but maybe this virus just does hate nicotine...

Just curious if more people have this experience....

• 5 weeks later...

I have had herpes for 2 years and  have been on suppressive medication for 7 months and fortunately have been clear of outbreaks, (before suppressive treatments I had OB every 2-3 months if not more in between) but I also have quite a severe antibody deficiency and so weakened immune system. I have been a heavy smoker for 6 years and started my attempt to quit once and for all 3 weeks ago. I am now experiencing the worst outbreak I’ve ever had, I haven’t completely stopped smoking so I’m hoping when I’ve quit and my body has adjusted to being a non smoker, the OB will end....all our experiences are different, but I feel as though I’m suffering mainly due to my compromised immune system and stress, fundamentally stopping smoking will be a long term benefit to us as smoking suppresses the immune system anyway, I wish us all smoke free lives!

Edited by witchoops