World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jjbird

Could this be?

jjbird

I am trying to figure out if I have herpes or got bit by something. My husband has herpes but I have never been diagnosed. I woke up in the middle of the night itching. I felt a bump and itched really really bad. The next morning I had at least two but they mostly itched. We thought I got bit by something cause my husband said he thought he saw bite marks but now isn't sure cause there is about 4 things with stuff in them. I drained the first the next of getting it cause it looked like what an ant bite would look like. I am hoping it is a bite bump the other ones don't look like it first did but I have been itching them. My husband hasn't had an outbreak in about a year but I have heard you can still get it. I have not other symptoms.

Thanks

1hopnot

I hope you don't have it. Mine started off by itching too and then into 3 visible lesions on my labia that I could see. Let us know...

jjbird

This bumps are between my butt and outside lips more towards my butt. I hope it is a bite. I am allergic to ants and I hope that is what it is. I do believe I am a carrier of staph so they could have got infected. It really started like a bite to me but you never know. I am going to the health clinic tomorrow. I am not sure if they will see me or how much it costs(hopefully nothing cause I am broke). I do have insurance but don't I think they take it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Quest
      When I broke out/ shed it usually was on my backside left side, my  upper crack or back right below the belt! Doggy style is my absolute favorite position which makes him very vulnerable! I think there definitely is an advantage to wearing some sexy clothes or latex! Or even the liquid gloves. I think the biggest problem is that people shave now and they nick and cut themselves! That leads them open for infection on any part of the boxer area!  
    • WilsoInAus
      I’d build on this to say that the volume of virus is critical. It has been observed that shedding instances where there are 10^7 virions are required for a pragmatic chance to actually get through the skin and it’s natural defences. Most shedding instances are well below this threshold. I’d also suggest that for many asymptomatic transmissions, most of the virus comes to the surface during the sexual act itself. So little point testing beforehand.
    • floydmonk
      Thank you for sharing that. Very resourceful.
    • Cas9
      I wasn't following the conversation closely, but yes, all that matters in terms of being contagious is if the virus makes it to the skin.
    • yadayadayadayada
      @Cas9 isn't that a "technicality"? From the sound of it this means that on a cellular level there is a daily battle but at the end of the day the virus can't transmit until it is present on the skin... right? I mean the question will still be: how many days is the virus present and transmittable. The mechanism (the technicality) is important but also not important... but I could be wrong, just trying to interpret. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.