Unsure if HSV-2

Love&basketball

Love&basketball

Hey everyone. My bf has HSV-2 and is mostly asymptomatic (2 outbreaks a year). I know about asymptotic shedding and all that. Tomorrow I am getting tested for HSV as we are sexually active. I know I didn’t have it before as I was in my one and only exclusive relationship prior and I have a child. I don’t have any sore or lesions (I’ve checked, plus I’m a nurse). However for the last couple of months I have had a burning sensation on my vulva for a couple of days to weeks and then it resolves so it’s basically on and off. I’ve got tested for other STDs (all negative), yeast, and BV (also negative). Has anyone had these symptoms and no sores or other accompanying symptoms and was diagnosed with g-HSV? I know I can’t be for certain since I haven’t had the test yet but I feel like I have it and it’s a very nerve-wrecking thing. If anyone has any personal experience please share. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Love& Basketball, 

I do have a similar sensation ever since I got infected with HSV-2. Sometimes there is no visual sore or anything else, my skin does "burn" sometimes and it feels like there would be something. 

However, as you said, wait for the test to be sure. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• readytostart
      Hi everyone,  Just a thought, I'd like to read your take on that.  How can be possible, technically speaking, that in less than a year from the discovery of the Covid19, many vaccines are in phase 2, and research like the one in Fred Hutch  are still years away from human clinical trials.  It's been discussed before the possibility of doing peritions in order to fast track trials, but now there's an evidence that it just depends on the rush for finding a solution to a problem, my point being, don't we have still enough evidences of how many health problems do herpes cause, and how many people are infected... This is being a pandemic  for a long time now... 
    • Goran123
      If it gives you OB's you should just stop drinking it. Beer gave me OB's....stopped drinking it, no OB's any more HSV OB's is a lot like learn as you go, different people have different OB's for different reasons. If you feel you get OB from one thing, stop doing it and so on. Good luck, remember you are not alone. We are 2 billion strong positive members
    • LemonOne9
      I had a few things in mind... 1) Avoiding sex on days where the virus is detected could help to reduce long term transmission risk. I had also thought that if no virus is detected then at least sex could be more relaxing since the chances of transmission would be lower, though if the friction of sex stimulates shedding then I guess that wouldn't be fool proof. Of course, shedding could also spontaneously initiate between the time of the test and before sex is initiated even if it's on the same day. But at least I'd know the chances were lower. 2) I'd be curious to know how shedding rates differ between different genital areas. For example, do I shed more from the area where I typically get outbreaks (around the glans) and less toward the base of the shaft? If I could determine that very little shedding is happening toward the base then that would give me more confidence during protected sex. I'd also be curious to see if it's true that shedding only happens from the penis as has been said, or if the scrotum or pubic area do in fact shed. 3) I'd like to see if/how my shedding rate is reducing over time (I was infected only a year ago), and I'd also like to see how it responds to certain medications like Valtrex, Amenalief and to see if barrier gels like Viblok reduce the number of exposed virions as has been shown in some research. 4) I tested positive for oral HSV-2 via a PCR swab, and I'm also curious to see how often virus is shed orally since there seems to be little data on that. I've heard "1% of days" but I'd still like to investigate further. Part of this would be for practical purposes and part of it is also just for psychological purposes. With more knowledge of exactly how the virus is behaving in my body I would just feel a greater sense of control, and it would give me some data that could hopefully reduce my chances of spreading. Anyway I know this sounds "out there" but if it really is just a moderate sized machine that I could maintain myself, and if the procedure could be done relatively easily, then if such a device could be purchased for around 10k or less I'd honestly consider it.  
    • Roxanne11
      Firstly I’ve now realised after my stress in 2019 I can no longer have a normal sex life but anyway questions of possible transmission I engaged in a threesome 8 days ago. I was cautious throughout the act with my genitals however not oral! I refused to receive oral sex by either of my two partners and engaged in vaginal sex for only 30 seconds PROTECTED (Whilst holding the condom in place)! I did not allow any other rubbing of genitals against mine.     Assuming the male had herpes - with my encounter what is the possibility of getting genital herpes?    I was the giver of oral sex - what are the chances of getting oral herpes? Note the male was clear of any sores anywhere. i have now had a sore throat since (although I remember having one before the encounter due to tonsil stones). Having a sore throat without the presence of symptoms doesn’t mean herpes correct?    ive been having electric shocks, dull pain on my vagina but this doesn’t mean much in the absence of symptoms correct? Also does prodrome occur for first outbreaks?    my friend who was in the act, she accepted full intercourse without protection - it is 8 days and she has had no outbreaks. If either of us were infected, would one of us likely had an outbreak now?    How can I move on with casual sex without freaking the f out every time now? I feel like I should stay abstinent as my anxiety is getting the better of me and in the way of living my life!    @WilsoInAus I’d appreciate your input again :) 
    • Catherinr
      Hello everyone!!    I was diagnosed a month ago... Got my first OB that I was aware of and got it swabbed (came back positive). The first one was a year ago, but no one tought it might be herpes, even at the hospital...  Well... I started drinking ketones (from a company named pruvit) almost 2 months ago and I feel really great on them but since day 5, I have an OB and it’s not going away... I have tried to not drink them for a couple of days, and no symptoms when I don’t drink them... But symptoms come back has soon as I am done drinking them and other OBs are appearing...  I’ve read on another post that maybe the body comes acidic and it might me the reason... I will try to drink lemon water...    But was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.    thank you everyone!! ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.